www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Me thinks you have given it away.

Especially the lack of west side ranges, and mention of trains nearby.

Sad if true. Folks that I know and trust there are upstanding and I would be absolutely SHOCKED that one of them would have done such a stupid move. (Im confident it was someone there I dont know) I mean, come on. its 5 freakin minutes. likely less.

Nicu757

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 2, 2013
    Brownsburg
    I agree I have always have had good people there. But over the last year they have had a lot of new young faces that don't seem to know firearms or one thing about class 3 items. I transfered a lower in there a 9mm QC 10 and they called it in as a rifle without even asking me! The guy came back with the 4473 and I asked if he called it in and he did as a rifle.
    i tried to explain that this was a issue and he talks down to me how it's a grey area with lower and blah blah blah. I didn't really
    care because I form 1 it right away but maybe I did want to put a pistol grip on it before I got my form 1 back. After that no more
    transfers threw there. It seems like they employee people who are not gun people now and just want to take you DL and money and tell you a lane. When they first opened was very happy now not so much. Especially now. The guy handling the suppressor when I waked in didn't even know what kind it was till I told him and I was 15 feet away.

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The way I see it, the range is liable for any damage that occurred AFTER it was launched downrange. Their failure to retrieve it, knowing the value of the item, weighed against the extreme risk of additional damage caused by the dangerous environment, was negligent.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    Yep range is liable.

I personaly hate the mounting features of the omega. If anyone else wants a great solution to this problem check out the adapter Dead Air makes for silencerco cans.
    The dead air mount is the best on the market in my opinion and even has a secondary backup just in case you don't get your suppressor tightened properl, it won't just fly downrange like this omega did. Also indexing is always the same so point of impact is consistent everytime

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    The way I see it, the range is liable for any damage that occurred AFTER it was launched downrange. Their failure to retrieve it, knowing the value of the item, weighed against the extreme risk of additional damage caused by the dangerous environment, was negligent.

yes i agree 100% the range should buy the OP a new can for being irresponsible ....

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton

This is how I see it too. Sure, the item ended up at the end of the range, and had some minor cosmetic damage. However, it's the range that prevented the cease-fire, and allowed people to continue shooting at it for hours, leading to it getting hit by multiple rounds.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    1 question......if it was laying on the ground and got shot twice someone had to be shooting at it?.......right?......

I wouldn't be too surprised if it was hit by accident. I've seen (and fixed) an indoor range, and I've seen shots that I still can't understand how someone managed it. I watched a shooter aim at a target seven yards away, take their time, line up the sights, let out an easy breath, gently squeeze the trigger, and place a shot in the light on the ceiling THAT WAS THREE FEET AWAY!

So, maybe it was intentional, but I'm inclined to believe it was accidental. Regardless, the range owes you a new can.

Hkindiana

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 19, 2010
    Southern Hills
    OK, I will address the elephant in the room. Why would Omega fix this under warranty if the ONLY damage is the EXTERNAL bullet strikes, as it is NOT THEIR FAULT? When I launched a can, it was covered under warranty because of internal baffle strikes AND the manufacturers admission that when my mount was manufactured it was somehow cross threaded. If the Omega has internal baffle strikes, then it needs to be replaced ANYWAY, with or without the external bullet strikes. If THAT is the case (internal baffle strikes) then why would the range be responsible for paying for the repairs, since it was already ruined the moment it laubched off of the weapon? In that case, I would think the range would only be liable for the cover.
    In my case, the manufacturer replaced my can AND gave me a free .22 can to cover the transfer and dealer fees. Unfortunately, their WAS the six month wait. I agree with the other posts, and would NEVER have left without my class 3 item

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Isn't part of the issue that the mount could fail in the absence of a baffle strike? That is, the influx of gasses is what caused the launch? If I'm wrong on that, and there was no/minimal internal damage, then I think Hkindiana has some good points.

If the can was going to be a warranty replacement as soon as it launched, the rest is kinda moot. If they could've re-used the cover, then the range should be on the hook for that loss.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    OK, I will address the elephant in the room. Why would Omega fix this under warranty if the ONLY damage is the EXTERNAL bullet strikes, as it is NOT THEIR FAULT? When I launched a can, it was covered under warranty because of internal baffle strikes AND the manufacturers admission that when my mount was manufactured it was somehow cross threaded. If the Omega has internal baffle strikes, then it needs to be replaced ANYWAY, with or without the external bullet strikes. If THAT is the case (internal baffle strikes) then why would the range be responsible for paying for the repairs, since it was already ruined the moment it laubched off of the weapon? In that case, I would think the range would only be liable for the cover.
    In my case, the manufacturer replaced my can AND gave me a free .22 can to cover the transfer and dealer fees. Unfortunately, their WAS the six month wait. I agree with the other posts, and would NEVER have left without my class 3 item

Only one reason I know of; positive customer service. I've seen companies bend over backwards and do stuff for customers in the name of good will.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Silencerco warranty...

We proudly stand behind the quality of our products with a lifetime warranty,
    no matter what—even if it’s not a product defect. Our 48 hour repair turnaround
    even warranties stupid… once. If you experience any issues, please contact our
    Customer Service team at 801.417.5384.
    If your silencer has a defect in manufacturing or materials, there will be no
    charges for service or replacement through our SilencerCo facility.
    If we determine that a claim is not covered under warranty, a discounted
    replacement option will be granted.
    This warranty does not cover damage to the silencer or host firearm resulting
    from careless or irresponsible handling, adjustments or modifications to design,
    negligence, or other abuse. SilencerCo assumes no liability for unsafe or illegal
    use of the silencer by its purchaser or any other user that comes in contact with
    the product after purchase. SilencerCo assumes no responsibility for physical
    injury or property damage resulting from careless or irresponsible handling or
    by any use contrary to the recommendations, warnings, and cautions generally
    listed in this manual. SilencerCo does not cover damage to the silencer or
    host firearm resulting from improper hand-loaded or reloaded ammunition or
    defective ammunition.

mandreko

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 23, 2015
    Lizton
    Isn't part of the issue that the mount could fail in the absence of a baffle strike? That is, the influx of gasses is what caused the launch? If I'm wrong on that, and there was no/minimal internal damage, then I think Hkindiana has some good points.

If the can was going to be a warranty replacement as soon as it launched, the rest is kinda moot. If they could've re-used the cover, then the range should be on the hook for that loss.

There were no baffle strikes. The internals were fine, somehow, other than the baffles that were dented from the bullet impacts.

DanVoils

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Wow. They should take care of it 100%. Is the reason the range isn't being formally named that they are an INGO advertiser?

Top Bottom