Not open for further replies.

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Managed to get my buddy's rifle all squared away. He had it mostly done already. Spent most of our time eating, drinking, and playing cards with the wives. Their God-daughter kept my girls entertained. I may or may not be partly responsible for his recent AR bug.

gmcttr

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 22, 2013
    Columbus
    Red dots on an AR are normally on a riser due to the AR's straight stock. The riser's height will determine whether it is at absolute or 1/3 co-witness with normal height iron sights.

Whether you install irons or not the red dot will be at one of the two heights unless you have a low mount meant for pistols or a rifle with drop at the heal of the stock like your annie. If you have a low mount a magnifier will not be able to line up with the red dot.

I'll leave the Micro off the mount and set it up with the right adapter for your setup at the range.

MindfulMan

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Indiana
    Here's my philosophy for a 'battle rifle', WT.

I've decided that I only need accuracy out to 200 yards......for in my environment (even at the cabin), that's the longest range that I'll encounter. Any farther than 200 yrs., I'll be running away, finding safe cover, or acquiring a longer range rifle.
    I want the rifle to be ready NOW ! .....that means no fumbling with dials/knobs/buttons on an optic to put it into action.
    Nowadays, they have the always-on (50,000 hours of battery life), or shake-awake dots.
    For me, that's the ticket....and having one with a prism/etched reticle is optimum.
    If the dot fails, I want iron sights that co-witness at lower 1/3.

Not saying that my philosophy works for everyone.....but it works for me.

Biggredchev

Just some guy
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 16, 2017
    Pretty much Michigan.
    Not bad. I have ~8 PMAGS. I am a bit bummed I sold a buddy of mine half a dozen still in the wrapper a few years back.

Very nice deal. How do you like it? I have a decent Bushnell on my frankenrifle that I was thinking about swapping to my new battle build, but that looks pretty sweet.
    I love it, been on his RDB for years with zero issues and we’ve both shot the hell out of it. Plus even if there was vortex has a great warranty. I like that you can pick between the red and green dot. Other than than not much else to say about it.

I dont run irons or magnifiers on this gun. Its only a 7.5” barrel so its not like its going to be accurate much past what i can expect out of the RDS anyway. LVPOs are sweet too, i like the Ascent but i plan on ordering a 1-6 or 1-8 strike eagle to try at some point.

Last edited:

Ruger_Ronin

Turkey Herder
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 22, 2017
    Outer Heaven
    Here's my philosophy for a 'battle rifle', WT.

I've decided that I only need accuracy out to 200 yards......for in my environment (even at the cabin), that's the longest range that I'll encounter. Any farther than 200 yrs., I'll be running away, finding safe cover, or acquiring a longer range rifle.
    I want the rifle to be ready NOW ! .....that means no fumbling with dials/knobs/buttons on an optic to put it into action.
    Nowadays, they have the always-on (50,000 hours of battery life), or shake-awake dots.
    For me, that's the ticket....and having one with a prism/etched reticle is optimum.
    If the dot fails, I want iron sights that co-witness at lower 1/3.

Not saying that my philosophy works for everyone.....but it works for me.
    Must be twins-my sentiments exactly. I have a "grab n go" with romeo 5 for instant action. And an AT&T model for reaching out to tickle someone. There is no "one build does all"

ChrisK

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Starke County
    Must be twins-my sentiments exactly. I have a "grab n go" with romeo 5 for instant action. And an AT&T model for reaching out to tickle someone. There is no "one build does all"
    Thats what is so good about a 1x8 optic, it is a pretty good compromise to cover many situations.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom