• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thunderchicken

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Yep. We are saying the same thing. My Turkish made Stoegers won’t but if I drop them in the mud or bang them against a tree, I won’t fall on the ground crying.

A lot of people hate the Stoegers. I've had one that I have put several flats of shells through on targets and hunted with for 19 yrs. Its an Uplander Supreme SxS. My brother has an Uplander and a Condor that have been good guns too. My Stoeger was made in Brazil. Not sure where his were made

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Does CZ Custom make good optics base plates? Are they a quality company? As in make quality parts.

I have a CZ Custom RMR base plate on my P10S. Functionally, it’s good to go. Rock solid and fits very well. My only complaint is that it leaves a large gap in front of the sight. The factory plates look like they fill that gap and blend in with the slide profile. So, while it’s not pretty, it is functional. It is also available, which the factory plate is not.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I have a P-10F OR with a CZ Custom shop plate and have no problem with it. I went with the CZ Custom plate after reading that the OEM steel plate weighs the same as my Holosun 507c with the aluminum CZ Custom plate. So not adding weight to the slide is a good thing. :rockwoot:

doddg

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    135   0   1
    May 15, 2017
    Indianapolis
    Thanks Guys
    Heading out to try it now.

Oh the joys of trying a new/different gun out! :thumbsup:
    I'm addicted. :dunno:
    Just when I think I'm done buying, something else will become available at a terrific price that must be taken advantage of. :)
    I thought I was done buying CZs (had 9 of them), then along comes a Rami fully Cajunized for a solid price: loving it. (great grips, by the way!) :rockwoot:
    I thought I was done buying "another" samll 9mm, then along comes a Sig 365 with a safety for a great price.
    Then, since I love a DAO, I can't seem to give up a Kahr CT that fits my hand like a glove (it's as slim as the Rami is pudgy!: how can I love both!). :dunno:
    I didn't "need" either since I had a wonderful Sig 938, but..................... (weakness).
    I have added a couple (or so) .22LR pistols back into the safe that I had sold off (1 Browning that I sold the seller myself), since that is what I try to shoot the most. :ar15:
    I love my hobby. :ingo:

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I have a CZ Custom RMR base plate on my P10S. Functionally, it’s good to go. Rock solid and fits very well. My only complaint is that it leaves a large gap in front of the sight. The factory plates look like they fill that gap and blend in with the slide profile. So, while it’s not pretty, it is functional. It is also available, which the factory plate is not.

Okay I ordered one today and its already in the mail. Now that is quick service. Unfortunately I may not be able to get my pistol come Tuesday because of the NICS system is down :xmad:

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    I went back up to grab it. It got sold. The LGS owner said she can get one for me for $510 and they were in stock at her supplier. So I slapped down some cash said get me one. So hopefully by next week I'll be the proud owner of a new CZ P10F optics ready 19+1 pistol.
    Awesome! I haven't tried the F only the C, but I really like it. Let us know what you think after you get to try it out.

Darthur

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2016
    Bargersville
    It shot great. Funny I always expect tighter groups out cz pistols. This Phantom did not disappoint but it will be getting different sights maybe even a red dot.

Benp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 19, 2017
    Avon
    It shot great. Funny I always expect tighter groups out cz pistols. This Phantom did not disappoint but it will be getting different sights maybe even a red dot.
    Very cool! You can get a bushing installed that will help with the groupings get tighter, but mine doesn't seem to need it.

Bookmark

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 22, 2014
    Gibson County
    I have a SAR B6P. Not a thing wrong with that gun, and it does have a more forgiving chamber than my CZ's. They seem to have tighter chambers and are more particular on ammo (esp. sensitive to COAL in my reloads). I still prefer the all steel CZ's, although that's just personal preference.

Mckee47

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 6, 2020
    Huntington
    I prefer a CZ to anything. (Steel of course, had an 07 for a short amount of time). They are truly, in my eyes, the best bang for your buck.

mcapo

aka Bandit
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Mar 19, 2016
    East of Hoosier45 - West of T-dogg
    I have a SAR B6P. Not a thing wrong with that gun, and it does have a more forgiving chamber than my CZ's. They seem to have tighter chambers and are more particular on ammo (esp. sensitive to COAL in my reloads). I still prefer the all steel CZ's, although that's just personal preference.

I have a SAR K2 45. It has a respectable trigger and it is rather accurate given its price. It’s no CZ97 but it’s a solid option for the price.

Top Bottom