• ...and so much more!
  • Dewidmt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    South of the Muscatatuck
    Just found this on my Facebook page...

Cylinder and Slide would like to announce that after 44+ years of business, we are ceasing operations. We would like to thank our countless customers and fellow industry partners for all their support and assistance throughout all these years.
    We do have quite a bit of inventory, fixtures, equipment, factory parts, etc that we would like to move. If you have any potential interest, we are accepting email inquiries only; info@cylinder-slide.com. There is too much list at the moment, but we are generating lists of what we have.
    Please congratulate Bill on being able to finally retire!

A true loss to the handgun community. Bill Laughridge was a certified genius when it came to customizing Hi Powers!

Basher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 3, 2022
    Lafayette
    Sad news indeed. All the old Hi-Power smiths are dying or retiring, and I don’t see a lot of people stepping up to fill in. :(

Reactions: Leo

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    In undergrad I sent my a 1911 Colt stainless in for him to work on. Like a fool I traded it away.

It was so long ago that I found his ad in the back of American Handgunner and not the Internet, lol.

Reactions: Leo

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That’s a sad loss to the industry. I’ve used their parts on 1911s and an HP with success. Hopefully, EGW or another parts mfg can step in to fill their space. With new HPs coming out, maybe his part designs can be bought by another company to keep them available.

On a bright note, it’s always good to see someone retire after a long and successful run on their own terms. May we all be as lucky as he is.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    That’s a sad loss to the industry. I’ve used their parts on 1911s and an HP with success. Hopefully, EGW or another parts mfg can step in to fill their space. With new HPs coming out, maybe his part designs can be bought by another company to keep them available.

On a bright note, it’s always good to see someone retire after a long and successful run on their own terms. May we all be as lucky as he is.
    Kind of surprised he didn't license his stuff out, but maybe if there is nothing patent protected then there wasn't a play for that, and he didn't want to sell the name to see quality take a hit.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    It's sad, to hear, on the other hand, I recently traded for a 1911 (Tisas) the first thing I thought of was going to the C&S website to look for upgrades, or parts....guess I'm too late

kjdoski

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Aug 9, 2021
    Bloomington, IN
    I was lucky enough to meet Mr. Laughridge at SHOT back in 2010 or so, a true gentleman and fantastic smith. Sad to hear he's taking down his shingle. Only wish I'd saved enough money to have had him work over some of my older pieces.

Top Bottom