• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    I just received my first crossbreed appendix carry holster for my LCP MAX.
    I was just wondering about break in and how long it taken them to soften up?
    Thanks

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    It takes a while, even longer if you got horse hide, but it will eventually mold to your shape. How much you sweat plays a big part, so don't expect a lot till summer. ;-)

I have 4 (5?) Crossbreed's and I've found that you do not want to wear them without the pistol inserted; the kydex is thinner on the newer ones and tends to crack if the pistol isn't there to support it(which is why I stopped buying them). They may have fixed that issue, I haven't bought a new one in... 10 years? They're very comfortable when the get broken in. The only other thing to watch for is the leather on the top becoming so "broken in" that it wants to fold outwards towards the trigger... with mine it's only been a possible issue with the "combat cut" (I think that's what it's called), and only after years of use.

YMMV

mikek

What, Me Worry??
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 24, 2019
    mooresville
    It takes a while, even longer if you got horse hide, but it will eventually mold to your shape. How much you sweat plays a big part, so don't expect a lot till summer. ;-)

I have 4 (5?) Crossbreed's and I've found that you do not want to wear them without the pistol inserted; the kydex is thinner on the newer ones and tends to crack if the pistol isn't there to support it(which is why I stopped buying them). They may have fixed that issue, I haven't bought a new one in... 10 years? They're very comfortable when the get broken in. The only other thing to watch for is the leather on the top becoming so "broken in" that it wants to fold outwards towards the trigger... with mine it's only been a possible issue with the "combat cut" (I think that's what it's called), and only after years of use.

YMMV
    Thanks for the info. I honestly didn’t know what leather type to get because I’ve never owned one so I went with cow hide. 748508FC-6720-4894-BAD7-44E907EAA144.jpeg

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Here's a thread from 12 years ago (LOL)

Top Bottom