• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    Interesting, what is the chain of events that would lead the city to find a post on INGO and decide a certain screen name is a particular individual? Was the default response by the city to check INGO? I doubt it. Was it a general internet search done for whatever reason? Could it have been someone from Evansville or EPD who is a member here who saw the posts and said, "...hey this is the guy who's suing us..."? Much like Sgt Lonnie Rahm who needed to e-mail everybody and say, "...hey guess who I had to deal with today at the hospital...". Evansville's a piece of work. I guess it's par for the course in this day and age that an extensive internet search is done; look what happens in the high profile crimes, within hours we have all their facebook posts, college applications etc etc.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    Interesting, what is the chain of events that would lead the city to find a post on INGO and decide a certain screen name is a particular individual? Was the default response by the city to check INGO? I doubt it. Was it a general internet search done for whatever reason? Could it have been someone from Evansville or EPD who is a member here who saw the posts and said, "...hey this is the guy who's suing us..."? Much like Sgt Lonnie Rahm who needed to e-mail everybody and say, "...hey guess who I had to deal with today at the hospital...". Evansville's a piece of work. I guess it's par for the course in this day and age that an extensive internet search is done; look what happens in the high profile crimes, within hours we have all their facebook posts, college applications etc etc.

here is how they found out....this a quote from the article by the way

"He testified under oath that he was seeking advise, in part, about what kind of "monetary award" he might get, according to the court record."

If he testified that he was seeking advice they probly asked where. And lets all be honest he had other run ins with the law about stuff like this and he is not the only person from evansville on here so SEVERAL people knew where to check once he had his run in.

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Yeah, because talking about monetary awards are just about getting filthy rich....

Financial hits in the wallet are one of the few things politicians (whether they are elected, or just in positions of authority like some LEOs) understand. Sounds like the article did great in setting the entire tone of an opinion piece. Oh wait, what was that? It wasn't an editorial or opinion piece? Well it must have been a letter to the editor...it wasn't? a Blog post? No again!?

Well, it's great to see that unbiased and fair coverage of a story is still alive and well within our local communities. TF? Guy? They ever get ahold of you and at least pro forma tried to get your opinions and viewpoint? Or did they just pull all of this stuff out of context from public statements and ingo posts?

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    here is how they found out....this a quote from the article by the way

"He testified under oath that he was seeking advise, in part, about what kind of "monetary award" he might get, according to the court record."

If he testified that he was seeking advice they probly asked where. And lets all be honest he had other run ins with the law about stuff like this and he is not the only person from evansville on here so SEVERAL people knew where to check once he had his run in.

I don't believe that would be the correct scenario. I don't think he would have volunteered that he wrote on INGO, that was likely a response to a question posed by them about the INGO posts, like they already knew.

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    I don't believe that would be the correct scenario. I don't think he would have volunteered that he wrote on INGO, that was likely a response to a question posed by them about the INGO posts, like they already knew.

could be...no arguments on that. but either way he gave them a place to go look. Even if they already had looked there because of previous run ins/talk of his post on INGO. Im not debating wether he should or should not have done what he did. Im just saying the rants and posts (if true) about doing it just to see what will happen dont help anyone. If your doing something because you know its your right thats fine. If your just poking a bear with a stick because its in a cage and you know you can get away with it....that bear will reach through the cage and hurt you sometime. It may not be the same time you are poking the bear....but it remembers.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    i think its best to say, dont put anything on the internet you dont want used against you!, this will bite him in the ass!

posting on here (i'm going looking for a fight) wont help his case, it will help the city lawyers say he looks for fights!

TaunTaun

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    This goes in line with what Guy says constantly. Lawyer up, shut your mouth, and don't talk/write about things until everything is said and done. Until then, play your cards close to the vet.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    i think its best to say, dont put anything on the internet you dont want used against you!, this will bite him in the ass!

posting on here (i'm going looking for a fight) wont help his case, it will help the city lawyers say he looks for fights!

If he (or anyone else) is fighting the good fight to preserve our Constitutional rights, I'm glad he's looking for a fight, and I'll stand by him.

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    I'm just going to stop posting on the internet now...

:D

ETA.. .damn... I can't stop it... it's like a drug...

I do agree Frost shouldn't have post online about it... let people speculate, let people say things, but wait until it's over to reveal things like that...

This is AT a MINIMUM the 2nd case where I recall an INGO member posting about legal issues online and then showing up to court to be surprised by the "opponent" having the entire thread printed out with a list of questions waiting...

And now I refer you to: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6wXkI4t7nuc

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    For those who haven't been around since it started, I would urge you to do a little research before you go spouting off your opinions.

What you've read in the Spurilous try to imPress is pretty biased and in some cases downright false.

And oh yeah, throughout all of this, T_F has yet to be arrested for a unlawful act, nor is he facing any charges, to my knowledge. The City of Evansville is the Defendant, not Ben. Think about it, this is a vendetta by the city that cannot legally justify it's actions. So what does it do?, libels and slanders under the guise of 1st Amendment Freedom of the Press, using the local paper and an ignorant reporter to attempt to poison the suit.

I hope T_F and Guy take this all the way to the State Supreme Court if necessary, dragging the filth of the local government along behind for everyone to see.

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    I think you can get the jist of what the paper is trying to convey by just reading the title of the article.

"Man with gun"...not... "Man legally carrying gun" is asked to leave.

Last edited:

goinggreyfast

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 21, 2010
    Morgan County
    For those who haven't been around since it started, I would urge you to do a little research before you go spouting off your opinions.

What you've read in the Spurilous try to imPress is pretty biased and in some cases downright false.

And oh yeah, throughout all of this, T_F has yet to be arrested for a unlawful act, nor is he facing any charges, to my knowledge. The City of Evansville is the Defendant, not Ben. Think about it, this is a vendetta by the city that cannot legally justify it's actions. So what does it do?, libels and slanders under the guise of 1st Amendment Freedom of the Press, using the local paper and an ignorant reporter to attempt to poison the suit.

I hope T_F and Guy take this all the way to the State Supreme Court if necessary, dragging the filth of the local government along behind for everyone to see.

Amen and Amen!!! Those of us who know Ben, know his PURPLE when we see it.

OP, for your reading enjoyment: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...lle_sued_for_violating_gun_owners_rights.html

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN

Uh, I have been, are you talking about me?

Because I hold the same stance, this isn't going to help him any. In a civil suit like this, if it appears he does these things just to provoke a response (such as it appears by his postings they had at the hearing) it is much less likely they will award any sort of "damages".

:twocents:

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Uh, I have been, are you talking about me?

Because I hold the same stance, this isn't going to help him any. In a civil suit like this, if it appears he does these things just to provoke a response (such as it appears by his postings they had at the hearing) it is much less likely they will award any sort of "damages".

:twocents:

Keep in mind, the paper is only reporting what they want everyone to believe. There are some pretty obvious falsities in that article, written to set up a desired reaction. One being that the "Law" says that firearms are prohibited in hospitals, which is not correct. Only certain facilities are exempted in the IC.

His lawsuit claims police were enforcing a city ordinance barring firearms from park properties that violates a state law enacted last year that says local governments can no longer regulate firearms. The law exempts schools, public hospitals, courts and other public buildings.

Then the article goes on to describe incidents as if the were illegal, yet giving only slight reference to the fact that he was released because he hadnt violated any law.

The zoo posting happened After the incident and was taken down very quickly, the hospital incident as well. He didn't do these things with the intent to evoke a reaction any more than I do when I go out and OC. My suspicion is that since he has garnered the attention and put the city in a bind, he can't fart sideways without someone saying something in that town.
    So, he should 'lay low', some folks have said. I say :bs: He should not have to change his lifestyle one bit so long as he's done nothing wrong. If it were me, I'd be a thorn in their side, too. Sometimes you've got to stand for what's right, rather than what's comfortable.

The entire article is a Hit piece, meant solely to smear his character in the public's eye. Bits and pieces are reported out of context deliberately to that end. Again I say, he's not been arrested, Not even for the Disorderly Conduct he's been accused of at the Zoo and Hospital. And Why Not? Because, what is being reported DID NOT OCCUR AS THEY ARE REPORTING . Yet, the paper comtinues accuses it as though he's the criminal in attempt to away public opinion.

And that's my :twocents:

Top Bottom