• kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    This is very interesting and gratifying in more than one way. The fact that the Cosmo editorial staff felt threatened enough by the rise in firearms ownership among women to try and combat it by some very clumsy propaganda is certainly one.

OakRiver

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    IN
    Good. I'm glad that thinly veiled, patronizing propaganda is exposed for what it is.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Awesome sauce. The women taking them to task in the comment section is pure gold. You Go Ladies!! :yesway:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area

Friends and family are coming over to our way of thinking.
    Looks like I will spending some time at the range this spring helping a few of the spouses friends and her sisters figure out what handgun they need to buy.
    I told them all if we help them they shoot with us 1st and then we go pick something out.
    And then we shoot some more.

ws6guy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 10, 2010
    westside
    I also know a few women that are looking to get started in gun ownership, one of them is my wife! They are trying to organize a group to take basic pistol class! Yes I do like this and like it a lot!

Last edited:

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    We like this.
    We like this a lot.

And we always have....

4d2038ae6f5be038545dafe96f2b15e8.jpg

cowgirl.jpg

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Friends and family are coming over to our way of thinking.
    Looks like I will spending some time at the range this spring helping a few of the spouses friends and her sisters figure out what handgun they need to buy.
    I told them all if we help them they shoot with us 1st and then we go pick something out.
    And then we shoot some more.

Wife and I recently did this for two couples in our church. All four of them applied for the LTCH Both husbands and one wife picked up new handguns. We had a great day shooting with them and going over the NRA Safety rules and principles of self defense. Both wives, along with my wife, are now going to take a Basic Self Defense course through a local NRA instructor.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    To me, the best part is imagining how smug and self-righteous the Cosmopolitan people were when they were planning and executing this plan, then getting responses that were the opposite of what they intended to manipulate. They probably looked like they just swallowed bugs.

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    I've helped several women recently purchase their first gun. And I've taken even more shooting that are now/now much more pro gun and want to do more shooting. It is a good time for us! We need to keep up the momentum! Seeing the pro gun stuff even if its due to the anti stuff makes me happy!

Top Bottom