• Status
    Not open for further replies.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases explodes across Africa, the creeping involvement of the WHO has made some leaders suspicious of the NGO. Tanzanian President John Magufuli was growing suspicious of the organization, so he reportedly decided to investigate whether the organization was as trustworthy and reliable as it claimed to be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]He played what the local press described as "a trick" on the organization: He sent the WHO samples of a goat, a papaya and a quail for testing.

All three samples reportedly tested positive. When the president heard the news, he reportedly confronted the WHO, then kicked the organization out of the country. Though, to be sure, the WHO has yet to comment on the situation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...sant-tanzanian-president-catches-who-epic-lie[/FONT]

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]As the number of confirmed coronavirus cases explodes across Africa, the creeping involvement of the WHO has made some leaders suspicious of the NGO. Tanzanian President John Magufuli was growing suspicious of the organization, so he reportedly decided to investigate whether the organization was as trustworthy and reliable as it claimed to be.[/FONT]
    [FONT=lucida_granderegular]He played what the local press described as "a trick" on the organization: He sent the WHO samples of a goat, a papaya and a quail for testing.

All three samples reportedly tested positive. When the president heard the news, he reportedly confronted the WHO, then kicked the organization out of the country. Though, to be sure, the WHO has yet to comment on the situation.

https://www.zerohedge.com/geopoliti...sant-tanzanian-president-catches-who-epic-lie[/FONT]

OMG!
    The virus jumped from mammals to birds..... and now to FRUITS! :runaway:

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    it's been 16 days since they relaxed. they should have seen an uptick by now if it was coming IMO

That is not quite the whole story is it now.
    April 24 (16 days ago) they relaxed some restrictions for a few businesses(tattoos, gyms, stuff like that). The majority of businesses were still not allowed to open. There remained many restrictions on these few businesses which greatly reduced the number of potential customers and greatly reduced the potential for spreading the virus.
    April 27 (13 days ago) they relaxed some restrictions on restaurants allowing them to minimally start business. There remained many restrictions on these restaurants which greatly reduced the number of potential customers and greatly reduced the potential for spreading the virus. There is a list of some 39 items in the guidelines reducing customer flow and potential virus exposure.
    Many other businesses remain closed.

Also many of the businesses decided on their own not to open.

This limited relaxation and the time line involved combined with the limited participation will not produce any visible uptick IMO.

The "open" in this instance is not "open" by the normal definition.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    That is not quite the whole story is it now.
    April 24 (16 days ago) they relaxed some restrictions for a few businesses(tattoos, gyms, stuff like that). The majority of businesses were still not allowed to open. There remained many restrictions on these few businesses which greatly reduced the number of potential customers and greatly reduced the potential for spreading the virus.
    April 27 (13 days ago) they relaxed some restrictions on restaurants allowing them to minimally start business. There remained many restrictions on these restaurants which greatly reduced the number of potential customers and greatly reduced the potential for spreading the virus. There is a list of some 39 items in the guidelines reducing customer flow and potential virus exposure.
    Many other businesses remain closed.

Also many of the businesses decided on their own not to open.

This limited relaxation and the time line involved combined with the limited participation will not produce any visible uptick IMO.

The "open" in this instance is not "open" by the normal definition.

Then the rules they were enforcing were too restrictive since now relaxed there is no increase. This is still encouragement to others to relax or open up.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    A guy I know got a stimulus check for his deceased mother. It was made out to 'mother's name DECD c/o his name'. He cashed it.
    I heard this is has happened a lot and everybody is supposed to send the money back. His response was basically - they let me cash it so molon labe.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    A guy I know got a stimulus check for his deceased mother. It was made out to 'mother's name DECD c/o his name'. He cashed it.
    I heard this is has happened a lot and everybody is supposed to send the money back. His response was basically - they let me cash it so molon labe.

This is theft from you, me, and every other taxpayer. Can it be reported as fraud? I’m not much for turning in neighbors over social distancing and that sort of thing, but this kind of crosses a line, don’t you think?

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

...there was no one watching the money box at that farm vegetable stand...

My deceased grandmother got a check; my parents are returning it.

nonobaddog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2015
    Tropical Minnesota
    This is theft from you, me, and every other taxpayer. Can it be reported as fraud? I’m not much for turning in neighbors over social distancing and that sort of thing, but this kind of crosses a line, don’t you think?

Yeah. I'm sure he will give it back but he will make them nag him a little while. He didn't like the whole idea of the government being so f***ing stupid they send a check out to someone that they know is deceased. They put "DECD" right after her name which stands for "deceased".

This has happened to a lot of people. Too many people. It falls in the category of the government ****ed up. If the check has been cashed the government instructions are to send a check from his personal account. I wouldn't particularly trust them to get it straight right away either. In other words I wouldn't be the first to send in the money - give them a chance to start keeping records so he might get credit for sending it in and they don't come looking for their money a second time.

ArcadiaGP

Wanderer
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I love this episode of Fooly Cooly

EXtpe3nWsAE1XLU

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Even Brix doesn't believe the CDC numbers. From a Salon article based on WaPo reports.

“During a task force meeting Wednesday, a heated discussion broke out between Deborah Birx, the physician who oversees the administration’s coronavirus response, and Robert Redfield, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Birx and others were frustrated with the CDC’s antiquated system for tracking virus data, which they worried was inflating some statistics — such as mortality rate and case count — by as much as 25 percent, according to four people present for the discussion or later briefed on it. Two senior administration officials said the discussion was not heated,” the newspaper reported.

Want to guess the headline of the article that appeared in?

"As deaths mount, Trump tries to convince Americans it's safe to inch back to normal"

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom