Sep 4, 2011
    South of cob corner

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    I haven’t really wanted to go here, but yes, I think opportunistic politicians are making the most of this pandemic in order to create a larger and more dependent welfare state, and it’s truly sickening. Of course people won’t wanna actually go back to work when they’ll be making less than they do now to sit on their asses at home. Anyone who tries to convince you that us, our children, and our grandchildren aren’t going to be paying for this for decades to come is full of bull****. Disgusting and sad.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I haven’t really wanted to go here, but yes, I think opportunistic politicians are making the most of this pandemic in order to create a larger and more dependent welfare state, and it’s truly sickening. Of course people won’t wanna actually go back to work when they’ll be making less than they do now to sit on their asses at home. Anyone who tries to convince you that us, our children, and our grandchildren aren’t going to be paying for this for decades to come is full of bull****. Disgusting and sad.

There's absolutely no doubt about it. They aren't trying to hide it. They are openly admitting it.

I posted yesgerday in the politicization thread about the multi-trillion dollar wish list Pelosi and Schumer are getting ready to roll out.

Then today we get this.

Sens. Harris, Sanders propose $2,000 monthly payments to Americans

The three senators introduced the Monthly Economic Crisis Support Act on Friday that would provide a $2,000 monthly check to every individual with an income below $120,000 throughout the pandemic and for three months once it concludes.

Married couples who file jointly would receive $4,000. Families would get $2,000 per child up to three children.

"If we can bail out large corporations, we can make sure that everyone in this country has enough income to pay for the basic necessities of life," Sanders said in a statement.

Really? We can afford to give families of five $10,000 a month?

The payments would be retroactive to March. The legislation ensures that all individuals, including undocumented immigrants, the homeless and youth in foster homes, will get payments too.

“Providing recurring monthly payments is the most direct and efficient mechanism for delivering economic relief to those most vulnerable in this crisis, particularly low-income families, immigrant communities, and our gig and service workers,” Markey said.

The senators big-pitch come as House Democrats are hammering out the details of their next coronavirus relief bill that could be a multi-trillion-dollar effort. Direct payments to Americans are expected to be included in the plan, though details have yet to be revealed on how much and in what form.

Are you ****ing kidding me? This **** has got to stop. They want to burn the country to the ground. How do people not see this?

McConnell needs to step up and say not one more nickle of spending.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Staying Ahead Of The Shortages: What To Stock Up On For The Coming Year

https://www.zerohedge.com/health/staying-ahead-shortages-what-stock-coming-year
    Good article. I pretty much try to live that way anyway, to me thinking ahead and being prepared is just the natural way of doing things, albeit it’s more seasonal than long term like this article suggests. Never been a fan of the just in time inventory system.

There is a big “if” in the article; it says “if” we move to having goods made here or other countries prices will go up and there will be shortages, but I believe that as a whole we will just roll over and keep buying from China.
    Not saying inflation isn’t coming, but the biggest change will be that marketers will begin to capitalize on the made in USA slogan. Our consumerism will get the best of us.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    There's absolutely no doubt about it. They aren't trying to hide it. They are openly admitting it.

I posted yesgerday in the politicization thread about the multi-trillion dollar wish list Pelosi and Schumer are getting ready to roll out.

Then today we get this.

Sens. Harris, Sanders propose $2,000 monthly payments to Americans

Really? We can afford to give families of five $10,000 a month?

Are you ****ing kidding me? This **** has got to stop. They want to burn the country to the ground. How do people not see this?

McConnell needs to step up and say not one more nickle of spending.
    And just like that, Andrew Yang is outbid as a big spender, with his $1000 a month payment plan. I guess he was a rookie with rookie numbers.

Phase2

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    A020DP5.jpg

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    Good list, now who is paying attention to it.

I am paying attention. I look at it from an altered perspective. We have needs. My list is water, clothing, shelter, food. Beyond that list I take the stance that objects are wants, not needs. Though some things make life easier and more comfortable, we may need to sacrifice items that are not a necesity in the future. We may not need to. Toilet paper is not a necesity. It is nice to have. Things will change. Things have always changed. I look at what I need before worrying about what I want.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom