• Status
    Not open for further replies.

nra4ever

Master
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    Indy
    I get your point, and maybe it's just your choice of words rubbing me a little rough, but sitting here with a 45 and spare mags 8 feet from my front door doesn't really feel like "complacent" behavior to me. Helen Keller could stop a home invasion with my presently available firepower.
    I mean... If you really want I can go load up the drums for the Saiga 12 just to be EXTRA sure I'm able to neutralize literally my entire neighborhood. I don't feel like we're there yet...

Please let me know when it is time to load the drums. It takes time to load them but damn it’s fun to unload them.

Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I get your point, and maybe it's just your choice of words rubbing me a little rough, but sitting here with a 45 and spare mags 8 feet from my front door doesn't really feel like "complacent" behavior to me. Helen Keller could stop a home invasion with my presently available firepower.

I mean... If you really want I can go load up the drums for the Saiga 12 just to be EXTRA sure I'm able to neutralize literally my entire neighborhood. I don't feel like we're there yet...

I am mostly referring to keeping a firearm, rifle or handgun, readily available at this point. I wrestled with moving the rifle downstairs and figured I can’t find a reason not to. My complacent comment was directed at myself quite honestly.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    This may have already been posted, but it looks like Holcomb suspended the maximum driving hours for trucker's passing through IN that are delivering emergency goods, including food.

I wonder if this means BigTanker is about to get big paid! Truckin' like it's the 60s again.

https://www.in.gov/gov/files/Execut...ier Hours due to Public Health Emergency).pdf

Big Tanker would be included in this because he hauls fuel. Also would be anyone hauling food, or medical supplies. I am a LTL local driver. While I do haul medical supplies on occasion to nursing homes and hospitals, I will not be exempt from HOS until it really gets bad and we have to change what we haul due to need of the country etc. -Jason

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Guy in Tennessee that was price gouging hand sanitizer just had his stash confiscated and donated to first responders and people in the community. I thought there needed to be a declaration of martial law to take private property. It actually says medical goods so they probably got his masks and other items he had.

https://twitter.com/hunterhoagland/status/1239292003466305537?s=21

B I n g o

Pump the brakes. Were they confiscated against his will, or did he give it to them? (trying to buy his way out of legal trouble) I read those tweets as .gov showed up to question him on potential criminal charges and he essentially said "IF I give you all I have left (That I cant sell anyway because my accounts were shuttered for being an opportunistic jackwagon) can I buy a get out of jail free card?"

IF they knew he had it stockpiled and was selling at a reasonable markup, or just wasnt selling and hoarding and they took it against his will (with no pending charges/investigations) then I would say it was confiscation. In this case he's trying to save his own hide.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Pump the brakes. Were they confiscated against his will, or did he give it to them? (trying to buy his way out of legal trouble) I read those tweets as .gov showed up to question him on potential criminal charges and he essentially said "IF I give you all I have left (That I cant sell anyway because my accounts were shuttered for being an opportunistic jackwagon) can I buy a get out of jail free card?"

IF they knew he had it stockpiled and was selling at a reasonable markup, or just wasnt selling and hoarding and they took it against his will (with no pending charges/investigations) then I would say it was confiscation. In this case he's trying to save his own hide.

Maybe I'm missing something. Why would he be facing legal trouble? Is there something criminal about buying a legal product and then attempting to resell it?

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Screenshot-20200315-184543-Facebook.jpg

Here we go...

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    CDC recommends weddings, concerts, sporting events be cancelled for the next 8 weeks. Talk about tanking the economy. It will take years to pull ourselves out of this.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Would an executive order or a declaration of a national emergency usurp the Constitution?

I'm not trying to be snarky, asking a serious question because I don't know. What power does the government have to restrict the ability to assemble? For how long can a national emergency be declared?

I don't see much discussion around this, particularly by the media.

Ask Abe Lincoln.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    I am mostly referring to keeping a firearm, rifle or handgun, readily available at this point. I wrestled with moving the rifle downstairs and figured I can’t find a reason not to. My complacent comment was directed at myself quite honestly.

Fair enough. Everyone on INGO should have ready access to the firearm of their choosing at all times, but especially now. I can't imagine anyone here has them ALL locked up.

maxwelhse

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2018
    Michiana
    CDC recommends weddings, concerts, sporting events be cancelled for the next 8 weeks. Talk about tanking the economy. It will take years to pull ourselves out of this.

I believe that's the media's desired outcome. Then they can blame the complete collapse of the economy on the orange man and not the open air prehistoric style meat markets in China... a country we empowered with all of OUR money under the direction of democrats... who expedited it growing all over the world.

I'll suffer for years if I have to if it gets us off of the Chinese teet for future generations, but I doubt it will.

igotdiesel2

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2009
    Southport area of In
    Has anyone talked to their teenage children about protecting the house while you are away? The wife and I both work during the day leaving the kids 14 girl and 11 boy home alone. We have retired neighbors who are always home in case of extreme emergencies. My daughter is very capable of using any of my firearms, I just don't want to panic her any more than she already is. -Jason

OkieGirl

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2012
    iti anunka (In the trees)
    Has anyone found a good news agency covering actual numbers?

Indiana has a map that they update every day at 10:00am (today's number says 19 and yesterday's was 15, but my trick knee thinks there are way more). The CDC has a website that updates only Monday - Friday. I've watched a lot of news stories from other countries and they seem to be very updated on US totals...but strangely none of their numbers are nearly as low as what our .gov keeps putting out...:tinfoil:

ghitch75

livin' in the sticks
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    117   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    Greene County
    Has anyone found a good news agency covering actual numbers?

Indiana has a map that they update every day at 10:00am (today's number says 19 and yesterday's was 15, but my trick knee thinks there are way more). The CDC has a website that updates only Monday - Friday. I've watched a lot of news stories from other countries and they seem to be very updated on US totals...but strangely none of their numbers are nearly as low as what our .gov keeps putting out...:tinfoil:

this was posted back in the thread....

https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/opsdashboard/index.html#/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom