• Status
    Not open for further replies.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Whatever the GA intended, they have the authority to lift it.

Which leads to the inference...

Indeed, that likely would have been my next question (though I already knew/assumed "epidemic" or some variation was already included).

"Checks and balances" are pretty much only that a declared state of emergency must be renewed every 30 days, and can be overridden by the General Assembly.

There is no way that the GA gave, or intended to give, the Governor the authority to control ingress, egress, and movement within the entire state, by every person in, coming into, or going out of, the state, as a whole. And even if that was the GA's intent, the GA itself doesn't have the authority to do that.

What you are asserting is that a Governor's declaration of emergency is equal to martial (or, as this is INGO, Marshall) law.

This, again, gets at the heart of my concern for everything that is taking place - and widespread willingness to accept it - in terms of the state subverting individual liberty, in response to a virus.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Indeed, that likely would have been my next question (though I already knew/assumed "epidemic" or some variation was already included).

"Checks and balances" are pretty much only that a declared state of emergency must be renewed every 30 days, and can be overridden by the General Assembly.

There is no way that the GA gave, or intended to give, the Governor the authority to control ingress, egress, and movement within the entire state, by every person in, coming into, or going out of, the state, as a whole. And even if that was the GA's intent, the GA itself doesn't have the authority to do that.

What you are asserting is that a Governor's declaration of emergency is equal to martial (or, as this is INGO, Marshall) law.

This, again, gets at the heart of my concern for everything that is taking place - and widespread willingness to accept it - in terms of the state subverting individual liberty, in response to a virus.

The virus was not the impetus to give the governor this authority.

Well.

Not THIS virus.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I don't think that the reasonable restrictions currently in place amount to martial law, or even anything close to it. Heck, Indiana State Parks are still open! So many businesses have been deemed essential that it would probably be easier to list the businesses that are NOT essential.

Now...start throwing up roadblocks and checking papers, and I'd be inclined to change my tune. Unless Godzilla comes ashore.

And I don't have any problem with Marshall law. :)

Marshall-Law.gif

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    I ordered 1 bottle each from Webstaurant.com and divegearexpress.com. I ordered the bottle from Webstaurant a couple of days before the Dive Gear order, but the Dive Gear order got to me first. They really do ship fast, if that makes a difference for you. Says on their website that they ship within 24 hours.

Good to know. I do have a Barmaid on the way. I looked and it's in stock both places. The shipping is $16 from Webresturaunt and $9 from the Dive place. I may get one to have some on hand for family/friends (hell I hope "normal " cleaning products are around by 150 gallons. LOL (?)

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't think that the reasonable restrictions currently in place amount to martial law, or even anything close to it. Heck, Indiana State Parks are still open! So many businesses have been deemed essential that it would probably be easier to list the businesses that are NOT essential.

Now...start throwing up roadblocks and checking papers, and I'd be inclined to change my tune. Unless Godzilla comes ashore.

Marshall-Law.gif

I prefer Marshall Tucker law. :)

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I feel bad for all the blind people out there who rely on touching and feeling their way around the world. :(

Oh..... Sorry.
    For our Blind INGO members.

⠀⠀⠠⠊⠀⠋⠑⠑⠇⠀⠃⠁⠙⠀⠿⠀⠁⠇⠇⠀⠮⠀⠃⠇⠀⠏⠀|⠀⠐⠮ ⠱⠕⠀⠗⠑⠇⠽⠀⠕⠝⠀⠞|⠡⠀⠯⠀⠋⠑⠑⠇⠬⠀⠸⠮⠀⠺⠁⠽ ⠜⠨⠙⠀⠮⠀⠸⠺⠲

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England

Marshall-Law.gif

Is that Akira Takahsi?

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    Well snap. Indiana apparently revised some numbers. We were actually at 199 on 4/6 (not 173) and at 203 (allegedly) on 4/7.

Which means...

Ain't hardly right at all.

Like, enough wrong to actually IRL **** me off. But whatevs.

Now, it still reflects a 9-day doubling for Indiana. If that holds (and it probably won't), then that puts us at 1k deaths in about 2 weeks. Let's say it is 5 days. That means 400 by 4/13 and 800 by 4/18. Pretty close to 1k.

I still don't see info on critical cases, but I'm 99% sure they know that number. That's the number they're working from, I'm convinced.

I was going to reply earlier but has been one of those days yet again. I did a little follow-up on this, and the numbers for Indiana are going to be changed working back from today using the new guidelines for reporting a death. Any death of a person COVID positive, will be counted as a COVID death. There was a statement made that was a little alarming, I am waiting to hear back from another Coroner to verify regarding reporting and testing, but looking at the change in past case counts, it might be true.

As far as the stats from Johns Hopkins, I am not sure if they are going to "true-up" the numbers. I have updated the list available here: https://twnwi.com/Historical.php The Johns Hopkins numbers are (JH) and of course the Indiana Numbers are (IN).

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    40 minutes between posts in this thread. I think that's a record slowdown. Is this an indicator that there is light at the end of the tunnel?

The INGO model.

:)

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    I feel bad for all the blind people out there who rely on touching and feeling their way around the world.
    Oh..... Sorry.
    For our Blind INGO members.

⠀⠀⠠⠊⠀⠋⠑⠑⠇⠀⠃⠁⠙⠀⠿⠀⠁⠇⠇⠀⠮⠀⠃⠇⠀⠏⠀|⠀⠐⠮ ⠱⠕⠀⠗⠑⠇⠽⠀⠕⠝⠀⠞|⠡⠀⠯⠀⠋⠑⠑⠇⠬⠀⠸⠮⠀⠺⠁⠽ ⠜⠨⠙⠀⠮⠀⠸⠺⠲

LMFAO

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom