• Status
    Not open for further replies.

MarkC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2016
    Mooresville
    We are all equals here. Ingo in days LONG PAST had groups of cool kids and not cool kids and we had big problems from that.
    There may be individuals I can lump together with similar mindsets but I dont looks at anyone who actively contributes at least as more valuable than another.
    Obviously if we have an ER Doc talking about hospital issues I'm gonna listen to than guys opinions on that subject more than the autobody guys on it. If that makes sense.

QFT: We are all equals here.

Everyone has something to add.

Well, except for the mods. But that's different. And I appreciate them for what they do, and have to sometimes put up with.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Exactly.
    What in the **** is wrong with some of you people. Grow the **** up. You're losing your damn heads and acting like the sheeple.
    Mental notes of who I would never let into my survival circle.
    Step away from the computer for a day or two. Nothing is going to change or break I promise.

What makes you "not sheeple?" I'd say the people losing their heads are the ones with Worldometer pulled up on their computer 24 hours a day and sit there hitting "refresh" while wringing their hands about another "x" number of deaths.

It's a serious virus. It will infect a lot more people. Some will die. Most will not. Best you can do is stay home if possible, keep your hands clean/sanitized, don't touch your face, practice social distancing if you go out and wear PPE if you think it's necessary. What good is done by arguing over which predication model is accurate, how many more cases today, etc? Are the numbers going to make anyone more or less prepared than they already are?

What am I supposed to do differently depending on the latest death clock statistics?

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    Before the mouse locks this thread again, I want to say that I used to eat fast food all the time and I didn’t have one day’s worth of food in the house before I read Smokingman’s posts way back then. I’ve got everything I need to be shut in here for at least two months now. All thanks to him.

Good point, TBH. Obviously I spend much more time reading than I do posting. The contributions and efforts - too many to list - by some folks have been invaluable and appreciated.

I appreciate any info that is provided in earnest.

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene
    What makes you "not sheeple?" I'd say the people losing their heads are the ones with Worldometer pulled up on their computer 24 hours a day and sit there hitting "refresh" while wringing their hands about another "x" number of deaths.

It's a serious virus. It will infect a lot more people. Some will die. Most will not. Best you can do is stay home if possible, keep your hands clean/sanitized, don't touch your face, practice social distancing if you go out and wear PPE if you think it's necessary. What good is done by arguing over which predication model is accurate, how many more cases today, etc? Are the numbers going to make anyone more or less prepared than they already are?

What am I supposed to do differently depending on the latest death clock statistics?

Who is "wringing" one's hands? Silliness...

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city

It's a serious virus. It will infect a lot more people. Some will die. Most will not. Best you can do is stay home if possible, keep your hands clean/sanitized, don't touch your face, practice social distancing if you go out and wear PPE if you think it's necessary. What good is done by arguing over which predication model is accurate, how many more cases today, etc? Are the numbers going to make anyone more or less prepared than they already are? What am I supposed to do differently depending on the latest death clock statistics?
    Well I'm not losing my damn mind for one.
    I'm also proactively dealing with the issue at hand in my own life and addressing what I can physically address and not worrying about things I cannot change or fix.
    I've mentioned I thought people had fear mongered. I think maybe I was too harsh. I think people are just trying to be prepared and look at worst case scenarios. We all want to be hopeful. We all want people to live and not die from this. We all just have different ways of processing this.
    The people losing their minds are also people forgetting to be nice. I'm still using pleasantries and courtesies in public if I have to go out. I may have a mask on but I'm still nice.
    We need to be courteous here as well. People are understandably scared and worried. Or concerned. We all are even the prepared. I'm concerned and I'm prepared longterm for just about anything. The world will continue. The air is fresh. The spring is beautiful. breathe deeply and relax. We all must do it.

I agree H45, people need to stay home.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Who is "wringing" one's hands? Silliness...

Just the way I see it. Obviously some people are bent out of shape. I appreciate good info. I've posted what I consider to be useful info, including info on hydroxychloroquine, a little known sanitation agent used by the restaurant industry (Stermaine) and other things. It all seems drowned out by the breathless death clock reports.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    I updated with the corrected numbers. The change was 1031 new cases and 98 new deaths, so just guessing they are updated numbers out of NY.

Sweden is still going to be one to watch as other stay home if you are sick, they are business as usual.

jsharmon7

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    119   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Freedonia
    Just the way I see it. Obviously some people are bent out of shape. I appreciate good info. I've posted what I consider to be useful info, including info on hydroxychloroquine, a little known sanitation agent used by the restaurant industry (Stermaine) and other things. It all seems drowned out by the breathless death clock reports.

Which is why I hope this thread doesn’t get locked. If you just put a few people on ignore you can actually focus on a balanced look at this. I recommend it highly.

I have a lot of respect for CM, so I will no longer be responding to argumentative posts. I just hope things return to civility.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Is this similar to what was posted in the c-virus #1 thread about using the proton pump initiator over the counter drugs.

Nexium fornexample to stop monocytes from going I to overdruve?

I have a screenshot of the post but no way to show it.

Here's an example. Information that may actually be useful. Not much commentary on it, looks to be basically ignored. Don't know if the information is accurate, but I remember the post and saved the text, just for my own information. I'll repost it:

You need to go to the store and buy one of these: Pepcid, Tagamet, Adix, or Zantac.

Buy enough for you, xxxxx, xxx, and whoever you want to save, enough last 2 weeks.
    This covers your H2 antagonist drug.

Buy enough Prilosec, Prevacid. or Nexium to do the same as above.
    This covers the PPI Drugs. (Proton Pump Inhibitors)

Lastly, I'd buy a big ass bottle of benadryl or generic benadry. aka... diphenhydramine.
    This covers your need for a H1 antagonist.

You know what benadryl does. But the H2 drugs work in the same way except on different histamines. The PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) stops monocytes from going into overdrive. (Monocytes = White Blood Cells)

The Coronavirus hits in a similar way to the flu. As it is a "Novel Virus" meaning the body has never seen anything like this... the body goes nuts, to the point that your own immune system kills you in something called a Cytokine Storm.

This is very similar to a "Peanut Allergy", in that it's the bodies response that damages the person not the peanuts.
    When to start this "therapy"? No need to take anything in advance. But at the first sign of "flu like symptoms" I'd start therapy. Take it as directed on the box.

Do not take the PPI and benadryl at the same time. It will be blocked. Take at least 2 hours apart

What makes this virus "The Perfect Storm" is that it:

1. Has up to a 14 day incubation period.
    2. The infected start shedding the virus in as little as 5 days after exposure.
    3. Is as adaptable as the common cold. Meaning that about after each 3rd generation, the virus mutates into something that would require a completely different vaccination.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Someone asked for Data?

2E7hPxe.jpg

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    There is 1 coronavirus thread (basically). If there is interest in a "stats" thread and a separate "treatment/mitigation" thread, ok. I'll know where to post stats, and where to look for treatment/mitigation information.

The stats are important for at least 3 reasons:
    - They help provide a context. Especially when the MSM gets hung up on dramatic "highest ever" or "worst in a century." To report 500 deaths can be alot or not much, depending on one's perspective. Reporting that 500 deaths represents a one-day doubling (it didn't) should put people on notice that things are getting worse. Which leads to...
    - Numbers depicts reality in a way that can be useful. I do not claim to prognosticate with much accuracy (currently <10% though). But, someone hears 500 deaths and thinks, "That's not terrible/not worth wrecking the economy/more people die from rabies." Well, if that 500 deaths means exponential growth, then that means something for tomorrow/next week.
    - The numbers that .gov uses to make policy decisions are related to the reported numbers. (I think they have access to "better" numbers, but that's different.) So, when our political leaders make big decisions, the numbers we do get help us assess the credibility and integrity of the .gov actions.

The numbers can't be alarmist - that's on the end of the information recipient.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Which is why I hope this thread doesn’t get locked. If you just put a few people on ignore you can actually focus on a balanced look at this. I recommend it highly.

I don't ignore anybody. I consider that to be silly. Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Except a digital clock, of course. We might have a couple of digital clocks on INGO. :):

If this thread is locked over this mild back-and-forth, I don't know what to tell you.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo

I really couldn't care less about the death clock reports. However, I understand that this is a large thread with multiple people who have different ways of processing. Because I understand that, I simply gloss over the posts that don't interest me. It's pretty simple to do.

For example, you posted about Stermaine. That doesn't interest me because I think far too many people are going overboard with sanitizing things. You thought it was important, and I'm sure others found it important. I didn't criticize your decision to post it because I didn't find it necessary, I simply glanced over it and moved on.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    This is why I hope this thread doesn’t get locked. I took this photo on 1/31/20:

EA02ACEA-E727-4355-A3BB-27E3D910A29D.jpg

And I took this photo on 2/6/20. The lady at Giant Eagle looked at me like I had three eyes. Two days later I came back and got another cart load just like this:

699CA987-194E-4502-BD9A-E9AD0C2E83BD.jpg

And I took this one on 3/6/20 after I got some more supplies. I won’t take pictures of all the stuff in my cabinets.

93DE7F9C-2C0D-45BA-AA28-0B399AAC8E25.jpg

I’ve also been taking my temperature twice daily, gargling with hot salt water every night, and have vinyl gloves and sanitizing tablets inbound, all thanks to helpful members here.

Here's an example. Information that may actually be useful. Not much commentary on it, looks to be basically ignored. Don't know if the information is accurate, but I remember the post and saved the text, just for my own information. I'll repost it:

You need to go to the store and buy one of these: Pepcid, Tagamet, Adix, or Zantac.

Buy enough for you, xxxxx, xxx, and whoever you want to save, enough last 2 weeks.
    This covers your H2 antagonist drug.

Buy enough Prilosec, Prevacid. or Nexium to do the same as above.
    This covers the PPI Drugs. (Proton Pump Inhibitors)

Lastly, I'd buy a big ass bottle of benadryl or generic benadry. aka... diphenhydramine.
    This covers your need for a H1 antagonist.

You know what benadryl does. But the H2 drugs work in the same way except on different histamines. The PPI (Proton Pump Inhibitor) stops monocytes from going into overdrive. (Monocytes = White Blood Cells)

The Coronavirus hits in a similar way to the flu. As it is a "Novel Virus" meaning the body has never seen anything like this... the body goes nuts, to the point that your own immune system kills you in something called a Cytokine Storm.

This is very similar to a "Peanut Allergy", in that it's the bodies response that damages the person not the peanuts.
    When to start this "therapy"? No need to take anything in advance. But at the first sign of "flu like symptoms" I'd start therapy. Take it as directed on the box.

Do not take the PPI and benadryl at the same time. It will be blocked. Take at least 2 hours apart

What makes this virus "The Perfect Storm" is that it:

1. Has up to a 14 day incubation period.
    2. The infected start shedding the virus in as little as 5 days after exposure.
    3. Is as adaptable as the common cold. Meaning that about after each 3rd generation, the virus mutates into something that would require a completely different vaccination.

Last edited:

The Stig

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Eastern Greene

I've actually looked into the sanitation agent you've mentioned. I believe it may have been you - or someone else - that provided Amazon links for purchase and YouTube videos for its application. Good info and much appreciated. Not all info from members goes unnoticed, but sometimes it is underappreciated (or some just choose a different path). I will look into a little more.

Last edited:

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Another thing...

I really wish my fellow mods would adopt a new policy. Instead of locking a thread, especially one that a lot of people are using for information, I would love it if they would just say, "Rookie, take a break. Don't post in this thread again for 24 hours."

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Over the weekend, NY Governor Cuomo got some flak for requesting 30k ventilators.

First, it is important to note that every governor wants as many ventilators as their worst case scenarios will require. That makes sense.

Second, then it is important to figure out if Cuomo's request is reasonable. We can determine that with some simple math (the only kind I'm comfortable with).

There seems to be a consensus that 5% of cases become critical. Let's use that as a proxy for "needs a ventilator." So, to need 30k ventilators, you need to have about 600k cases. NYC alone has ~8M people, I think. Even if only 10% of New Yorkers get it, that's still 800k people.

Basically, that 30k ventilators number may not be far off, based on what we know now.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom