• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    while we're on the subject of snakes, would it be at all possible that the odd noises I heard by the side of the trail while riding the Cardinal Greenway from Richmond to Losantville (east central IN) and back would have been rattlesnakes?

Nightwalker65

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2011
    Seymour
    Years ago,on a fishing trip at the Butlerville dam(Brush Creek Res,behind what is now MUTC) we came across a large nest of copperheads(yes,properly identified) one of them was absolutely huge(of course at 11 yrs old,every snake looks like an anaconda,lol)....needless to say we didn't hang that particular area long....

PapaScout

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 30, 2008
    Live in Wilbur, Work in Indy
    Both of my dogs were bitten by a copperhead in Morgan county a few years ago. It was dusk and I thought it was a northern watersnake because I couldn't see it very well. I grabbed a stick and moved it off of the trail.

By the time my wife and I got back to the house one of my dogs was in bad shape. We checked the wound and saw puncture marks. She took the dogs to the emergency vet and I went looking for the snake.

Both dogs are ok and I never found the snake.

nsenneking

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    Ballstown
    i live outside of batesville in ripley county, right on laughery creek and ive seen copperheads ever since i can remember. in my youth i have spent many hours on laughery and salt creek and have killed numerous copperheads every year

ChromeLined

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2011
    Me and my cousin saw one out at our great aunts farm near Millhousen last summer.
    We go out there every few weeks since childhood to shoot or fish, for as long as I can remember and it was the first time Iv seen one in the wild.
    It was hundreds of yards in the woods so it lived.

I found a ringneck (Diadophis punctatus) the year before

Top Bottom