• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    They're saying that laws are racist? I didn't get that from the sources I've been watching...?

You haven't been paying very close attention then. The "black males are under attack" meme has been prevalent in the Wisconsin and Florida shootings. Those shootings are being manipulated to attack the self-defense and carry laws on the basis that they allow gun slingling white guys (or "white hispanics" if necessary) to kill poor defenseless youth of color.

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    You haven't been paying very close attention then. The "black males are under attack" meme has been prevalent in the Wisconsin and Florida shootings. Those shootings are being manipulated to attack the self-defense and carry laws on the basis that they allow gun slingling white guys (or "white hispanics" if necessary) to kill poor defenseless youth of color.
    I have understood it as "black males are under attack by white males" not "black males are under attack by racist gun laws". I don't see how a law (that doesn't even come close to mentioning race) could be racist?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I have understood it as "black males are under attack by white males" not "black males are under attack by racist gun laws". I don't see how a law (that doesn't even come close to mentioning race) could be racist?

We have had many actual racist law over the years. Google Jim Crow laws. We also have had laws that weren't racist, but called such for political reasons.

Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 14, 2011
    ECI
    It is laughable how the author of that article addressed the situation. Common sense would dictate, hey, don't break into people's homes. If you do, you might get shot. Instead, the law is under attack for allowing the home owner to defend himself inside his damn house.

That's the problem, sheeple don't have common sense.

That's easy; they tell us--power. If you no longer have to live in fear of criminals or having to fear that they have the advantage, the less you need government.

For the Left, fear is a weapon to obtain what they desire. People living in fear want the government to "do something". Without this fear, people are less inclined to look to the government, this weakens their power base.

+1 million

They're saying that laws are racist? I didn't get that from the sources I've been watching...?

No, just all gun toting maniacs ( which in their eyes is anyone who owns and especially those who carry a gun ).

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I find myself thinking a lot about the essence of things, the white bones after all meat has boiled away.

For the first time in many years, I work as an employee in a large company. The folks on my team - we design the technical training and publications for a high-tech company - are all highly skilled, highly educated people. We have a boss, but we each operate mostly autonomously, our boss knows what we do only because we keep her informed with a weekly meeting. A lot of people work from home one or two days a week.

Some people on our team have a problem with what other people on the team do, how often they work from home, how many hours they put in.

I don't understand this. I don't care what everyone else is doing. I don't care if I'm doing more work or less, I don't know and don't care if they're getting paid more or less than I am, I don't care if and when they work from home. I have my own stuff to worry about.

Why do some people want to control other people?

For the anti-gun folks, they don't get freaked out and upset when criminals shoot people. They've accepted that. Criminals can't be controlled, so they don't worry about them. But they lose their minds over law-abiding folks - people like them - having guns. That has to be stopped. That's what's really dangerous to them.

It has to come down to control. Some people just want to control other people.

You see the same thing on the right when it comes to sexual matters. I don't care what two guys do in their bedroom. I don't care if they're holding hands on the street. I really, truly, don't care what they do. If I see them holding hands, I forget it as soon as my eyes pass by them to something else.

Why do people care so much about what other people do? I don't like most people I've ever met. I'm not a people person. I don't want them to do what I think they should do, I just want them to leave me alone.

I think someone should study the psychology of people who worry so much about what other people do.

Last edited:

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

"Holy 'Jump to Conclusions' Batmat!"

"The sky is falling!"

Jebus! That was the mother of all strawmans!

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

That's how is being portrayed.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    This is what many folks expected if Obama gets a second term.

The Martin incident is pushing this before the election, which may be a good thing all else said.

Politicians should be pressed, not for their take on Martin, but for their commitment to present gun laws.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is what many folks expected if Obama gets a second term.

The Martin incident is pushing this before the election, which may be a good thing all else said.

Politicians should be pressed, not for their take on Martin, but for their commitment to present gun laws.

I don't share your sentimenst at all. I think this is something that Obama may use to energize his campaign. Were going to have a bunch of people voting the other way, not based on the issues, but purely on the emotions this has stirred up.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow
    I don't share your sentimenst at all. I think this is something that Obama may use to energize his campaign. Were going to have a bunch of people voting the other way, not based on the issues, but purely on the emotions this has stirred up.

We'll see. The Sharpton-led crowds strike me as committed Obama voters.

I'm not sure the anti-gunners have as much 'energy' as we give them credit for. They're swimming against the tide, and that's pretty tiring!

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    CBS4’s Peter D’Oench spoke with the parents of Trayvon Martin and both Jackson and Sharpton.

“Number one Zimmerman should be arrested,” Jackson told D’Oench. “And number two they should change the law that encourages vigilantism.”

Anyone that agrees with stand your grown is a vigilante.

I heard Jesse on the TV this morning. He said "no one has the right to take no one's life". So much for self defense period...

MikeDVB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Morgan County
    Anyone that agrees with stand your grown is a vigilante.

I heard Jesse on the TV this morning. He said "no one has the right to take no one's life". So much for self defense period...

Heh, it's not that it gives you the right to take a life, it's that it gives you the right to defend a life. Love how they take a different view on something and then push it out like it's the only way to view it.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    Since we do not know exactly what happened during the final minute of the Martin - Zimmerman incident, people are filling in the blanks and assuming Zimmerman followed and harrassed Martin into an altercation. Therefore, if Zimmerman "gets away with murder" it's because he took advantage of the stand your ground law.

There is no getting around race in this situation. Race may not have been a factor in the actual incident, but since there are still unknowns, it's easy to make that argument, especially if it serves one side or the other.

It will be interesting to watch how the politicians handle all of this. They can show some leadership, or jump on the crazy train and knee jerk some "corrective" legislation.

Top Bottom