• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    Have you gone to a range with rentals and tried out several different pistols to see what fits your hand best and you are able to shoot well?

Concealed carry is different for everyone, what might be a fantastic set up for myself, someone else might not be able to stand.

unIj11y.jpg

That being said my current favorite set up is a P365X with a Holosun 507K riding in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster. Also do not forget to get a good gun belt, I really like BeltMan Products.

So I ended up buying a 365x with the romeozero, I have not gotten a holster for it yet but I’m planning on doing appendix carry. I’m still deciding whether or not carrying my extra mag would be proficient or not. If you have any help or advice it would be much appreciated.

TheJoker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 9, 2010
    Shelby County
    Have you looked into some training yet? If not, I know some folks...

[...insert shameless plug, here:]

Revere's Riders offers three different levels of pistol training:

Basic Pistol 100

Intro to Defensive Pistol 145

Defensive Pistol 209

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting... 'have a gun.'"
    -- Jeff Cooper

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
    -- Also, Jeff Cooper

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    Have you looked into some training yet? If not, I know some folks...

[...insert shameless plug, here:]

Revere's Riders offers three different levels of pistol training:

Basic Pistol 100

Intro to Defensive Pistol 145

Defensive Pistol 209

"Remember the first rule of gunfighting... 'have a gun.'"
    -- Jeff Cooper

"Owning a handgun doesn't make you armed any more than owning a guitar makes you a musician."
    -- Also, Jeff Cooper
    I have a small range at my house that I’ve been able to use to get the basics of shooting down and help with accuracy, however I have been looking into defensive shooting classes at my local range and will probably be moving that direction soon.

thelefthand

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2008
    HIGHLY recommend good defensive training. There is a right way to draw from concealment and present your firearm. It makes a noticeable difference in how long it takes to fire your first shot AND (more importantly) how accurate your first shot is.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    So I ended up buying a 365x with the romeozero, I have not gotten a holster for it yet but I’m planning on doing appendix carry. I’m still deciding whether or not carrying my extra mag would be proficient or not. If you have any help or advice it would be much appreciated.
    If you’re going with appendix especially, but really all methods - don’t hurry your reholster. Just don’t hurry it.
    Buy a holster that stays open, and with your build you should be able to use your eyes to reholster.
    No points are on the line reholstering.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    HIGHLY recommend good defensive training. There is a right way to draw from concealment and present your firearm. It makes a noticeable difference in how long it takes to fire your first shot AND (more importantly) how accurate your first shot is.
    After you get trained keep on top by practicing in front of a full length mirror. Draw, dry fire, and repeat. Then go to your range and practice with ammunition if they allow it.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Carry a 365x in a tier 1 axis slim for appendix carry really hides the 365 well and the extra mag is appreciated. Have their appendix rigs for my VP9 OR and p320Xten as well with and without WML and they are all equally as comfortable. Expensive? Yes. Slow? Yes. But 5 holsters in they've been worth every penny I've spent on them. Also I would recommend you replace the Romeo zero with either a 407k, 507k or shield rmsc before you start carrying it. The Romeo zero is not known to hold up to abuse very well that it will likely get from carrying.

KJW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 31, 2010
    Lamb's Crossing
    I have settled on the Phlster Enigma for my Sig P365. I had previously used IWB at 5 o'clock, then I tried AIWB holsters. The Enigma is FAR more comfortable and I can use the restroom with A LOT LESS hassle compared to any other carry method I've tried.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    Carry a 365x in a tier 1 axis slim for appendix carry really hides the 365 well and the extra mag is appreciated. Have their appendix rigs for my VP9 OR and p320Xten as well with and without WML and they are all equally as comfortable. Expensive? Yes. Slow? Yes. But 5 holsters in they've been worth every penny I've spent on them. Also I would recommend you replace the Romeo zero with either a 407k, 507k or shield rmsc before you start carrying it. The Romeo zero is not known to hold up to abuse very well that it will likely get from carrying.
    I have settled on the Phlster Enigma for my Sig P365. I had previously used IWB at 5 o'clock, then I tried AIWB holsters. The Enigma is FAR more comfortable and I can use the restroom with A LOT LESS hassle compared to any other carry method I've tried.
    I ended up getting a crossbreed reckoning holster and I’ve been carrying appendix. So far it’s been fairly comfortable and about the only downside Ive seen so far is using the restroom.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    I ended up getting a crossbreed reckoning holster and I’ve been carrying appendix. So far it’s been fairly comfortable and about the only downside Ive seen so far is using the restroom.
    Best way to use a urinal (in my opinion) with an appendix holster is to pull it off and tuck it under your arm, either under your shirt or outside your shirt. Generally on a right hand appendix rig the only thing that sticks out the back is the magazine maybe (on a sidecar style holster), the rest is forward and concealed against the front. Never had a problem removing and putting the holster back on this way and have also never had anyone say anything or notice as far as I know.

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    Best way to use a urinal (in my opinion) with an appendix holster is to pull it off and tuck it under your arm, either under your shirt or outside your shirt. Generally on a right hand appendix rig the only thing that sticks out the back is the magazine maybe (on a sidecar style holster), the rest is forward and concealed against the front. Never had a problem removing and putting the holster back on this way and have also never had anyone say anything or notice as far as I know.
    They probably just think you’re fixing your Urostomy bag.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    I had no idea this was a problem.
    There I go, doing it wrong again.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I had no idea this was a problem.
    There I go, doing it wrong again.
    Right?

I'm still trying to process why dudes feel the need to unholster or remove the holster when visiting the stall. Now we have people taking their holster off to take a leak?

Stop fiddle farting with you gun and holster. If you have to remove it to answer nature's call then you're doing it wrong.

Indianapail

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Aug 13, 2020
    Brownsburg
    Right?

I'm still trying to process why dudes feel the need to unholster or remove the holster when visiting the stall. Now we have people taking their holster off to take a leak?

Stop fiddle farting with you gun and holster. If you have to remove it to answer nature's call then you're doing it wrong.
    How does one **** at a urinal with an appendix rig on the front of their body? Are y'all pulling it out through the zipper or what?

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    How does one **** at a urinal with an appendix rig on the front of their body? Are y'all pulling it out through the zipper or what?
    Also, does your appendix rig straddle across the button/zipper area with two clips? It dawned on me the mag carrier combos might do that.
    I’m single clip just off the side.

Top Bottom