• ...and so much more!
  • 88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    Some times it depends on just how much concealment is needed. I'm thinking about the difference between going into a very unpermissive environment vs the casual concealment used to go grocery shopping.

For everyday concealed carry, a good OWB holster and belt under an untucked shirt conceals a Sig P229 just fine. For deeper concealment, I find a pocket carried small 9mm like a P938 to be very comfortable and capable

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    Some times it depends on just how much concealment is needed. I'm thinking about the difference between going into a very unpermissive environment vs the casual concealment used to go grocery shopping.

For everyday concealed carry, a good OWB holster and belt under an untucked shirt conceals a Sig P229 just fine. For deeper concealment, I find a pocket carried small 9mm like a P938 to be very comfortable and capable

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    thats great to know and kind of understand how you’re using your different setups, i will definitely keep that in mind going forward, any chance you’ve been able to do a Sig vs Glock concealment comparison?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    All of us have a holster box or drawer full of failed attempts to figure this out.
    I have found a leather inside the waistband like a summer comfort is pretty comfortable and conceals as well as I need it to, in most situations. If I need better concealment, i go with a Galco Ankle Glove.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I know a few guys that carry cz’s I don’t know what it is about them, it just feels kinda weird in my hand, I’d like to get out and shoot them a but more and see if I could get more comfortable with it and see if that would help, I appreciate the input greatly

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    All of us have a holster box or drawer full of failed attempts to figure this out.
    I have found a leather inside the waistband like a summer comfort is pretty comfortable and conceals as well as I need it to, in most situations. If I need better concealment, i go with a Galco Ankle Glove.
    Yep I’ve heard that genuine leather is the way to go for comfort and plan on trying it out, and to be completely honest I have considered and ankle glove but I might look into that

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    Man you are so right about the extra holsters. At least you can sell or give away those right handed ones.
    I'm a lefty so not many takers around for mine.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I
    Man you are so right about the extra holsters. At least you can sell or give away those right handed ones.
    I'm a lefty so not many takers around for mine.
    have friend who’s a lefty and I’m honestly just waiting for the fit he throws when he decides to conceal carry, he’s pretty picky to say the least

COOPADUP

Accipiter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 8, 2017
    Hamilton County
    I know a few guys that carry cz’s I don’t know what it is about them, it just feels kinda weird in my hand, I’d like to get out and shoot them a but more and see if I could get more comfortable with it and see if that would help, I appreciate the input greatly
    They are what works for me as I shoot them better then some of my others. Whatever you chose, please consider investing in a solid holster and belt. Otherwise your handgun carry can be miserable.

kennedy759

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2014
    New Salisbury Ind
    I am working on the same project, so far I am having success with a charter arms 38 5 shot undercover in a blackhawk IWB holster without a belt clip, the outside fabric sticks to my cloths like velcro. fits comfortable in small of my back or kidney location.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    They are what works for me as I shoot them better then some of my others. Whatever you chose, please consider investing in a solid holster and belt. Otherwise your handgun carry can be miserable.
    Paintballing when I was younger taught me that a lot of the time you’re equipment will make your experience more enjoyable than the gun does

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    I am working on the same project, so far I am having success with a charter arms 38 5 shot undercover in a blackhawk IWB holster without a belt clip, the outside fabric sticks to my cloths like velcro. fits comfortable in small of my back or kidney location.
    I greatly appreciate your response, I’ll have to look into that, I have heard amazing things about the iwb holsters as well

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    Have you gone to a range with rentals and tried out several different pistols to see what fits your hand best and you are able to shoot well?

Concealed carry is different for everyone, what might be a fantastic set up for myself, someone else might not be able to stand.

unIj11y.jpg

That being said my current favorite set up is a P365X with a Holosun 507K riding in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster. Also do not forget to get a good gun belt, I really like BeltMan Products.

Luke.Schlatter

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 16, 2022
    Woodburn Indiana
    Have you gone to a range with rentals and tried out several different pistols to see what fits your hand best and you are able to shoot well?

Concealed carry is different for everyone, what might be a fantastic set up for myself, someone else might not be able to stand.

unIj11y.jpg

That being said my current favorite set up is a P365X with a Holosun 507K riding in a Milt Sparks Versa Max 2 holster. Also do not forget to get a good gun belt, I really like BeltMan Products.

I’m extremely glad you responded, I’ve been looking into the 365x and my uncle has a friend that’s going to let me try it out to see if I like it, once again thank you for the response

Top Bottom