• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    My colt 45's work great. I see no issues with quality.

colt45web.jpeg

Gunner72

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2014
    NE Indiana
    How is it possible that a company with the caliber of colt be filing chapter 11. Seems unbelievable to me.
    Maybe somebody skimming off the top??

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    How is it possible that a company with the caliber of colt be filing chapter 11. Seems unbelievable to me.
    Maybe somebody skimming off the top??

The parent company wasn't just skimming off the top, they were financing all they could to pay themselves more and more.

ljk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    May 21, 2013
    oldest trick in the book

[video=youtube;ZPtjyqgZAUk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZPtjyqgZAUk[/video]

roscott

Master
    Rating - 97.6%
    40   1   0
    Mar 1, 2009
    It appears Colt, like our federal government, forgot the most fundamental rule in business.

SUCCESS = money coming in > money going out

Indynic

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 30, 2013
    Parts Unknown
    Excerpt from a Paul Barrett article from today completely nails it:
    "Colt Defense, as the main part of the company is now known, filed for bankruptcy protection on Sunday while listing as much as $500 million in debt. Cooling demand for its civilian semiautomatic rifles and handguns, as well as delays in certain large U.S. government and foreign military orders, have exacerbated the company's finances. But the main reason the company hasn't weathered rocky market conditions since the winding down of the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan is that the New York financiers who control the company borrowed too much and paid themselves lavishly."

I don't blame Colt the gun manufacturer. I blame Sciens Capital Management for running up debt and sucking Colt dry of cash.

10mmMarc

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 16, 2015
    Greenwood
    I always thought if they brought back the snakes and a detective special , magnum carry , maybe just maybe they might have had a chance, if nothing else atleast we would have a chance to get our hands on them again :)

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    I always thought if they brought back the snakes and a detective special , magnum carry , maybe just maybe they might have had a chance, if nothing else atleast we would have a chance to get our hands on them again :)

They were expensive back in the day, and they would be expensive now, especially if they made them with the quality from the 70s and early 80s before they went downhill. Detective specials would be nice but colt hasn't made a double action revolver in so long that I'd be scared to buy one cause they're have to find people who they can train to make them, plus they'd be racking up more debt buying the machines. For the first year or two, I'd trust an RG more than I'd trust a double action Colt until Colt proves that they can make something that works.

What kills Colt is their ego. We are Colt, we are a staple, we are a classic, we don't need anything new or innovative, we have our name and government contracts. research and development? Who needs them, we are Colt. Badges? We don't need no stinkin badges

Colt does nothing new or innovative, it's the same broken record for a product lineup. They tried the All American 2000, it was a turd. Double Eagles were massive and hit or miss, the Pony was heavy and hit or miss. They tried smart guns and, well that didn't work out either.

Colt is one giant joke. After the unions, being saved from bankruptcy several times, after ditching the American people for the hopes of government sales and when those sales fell through them crawling back to us, ehh. Let them close and stay closed.

I have 3 Colts myself, but there's a reason why my newest one was made in 1949

Top Bottom