• ...and so much more!
  • jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I've read several of the MSM articles claiming that there are threats of violence online aimed at these Colorado judges, yet none have had links or even screen shots to the supposed posts. If they're so rampant, wouldn't you think they'd at least post some shred of evidence of it?

Nah, we're just supposed to take it all at face value.
    Probably someone should just call them on it and say, prove it or STFU. Then they'll have chatGPT gen up a bogus video.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Define parameters for when "it's time."

At least then there's a consistent basis. Constantly saying not yet is how you end up in the gulag, or in a situation where you would give anything to have a time machine and decide to act sooner.

Unless you can describe the parameters, you're just bargaining against the universe. Reading between the lines it seems you're saying that if SCOTUS doesn't overrule it, then it would be time.

If people are threatening these judges, that's irrational. I kinda suspect the demand for threats against these judges far exceeds the supply. But anyway, is there a legal remedy for it? Yes. SCOTUS should set aside the CO ruling. If they don't, that's a problem. I think the next step would definitely not be to start killing judges, for **** sake! I if SCOTUS upholds the CO SC, it's time for red states to start kicking Democrats off the ballots in their states.

It will probably escalate from there. But, now? If someone actually carries out such a threat against these justices, yeah, that's retarded, and an unforced error.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    If people are threatening these judges, that's irrational. I kinda suspect the demand for threats against these judges far exceeds the supply. But anyway, is there a legal remedy for it? Yes. SCOTUS should set aside the CO ruling. If they don't, that's a problem. I think the next step would definitely not be to start killing judges, for **** sake! I if SCOTUS upholds the CO SC, it's time for red states to start kicking Democrats off the ballots in their states.

It will probably escalate from there. But, now? If someone actually carries out such a threat against these justices, yeah, that's retarded, and an unforced error.

TBH It's time for anyone that can make the effort to start trying to remove democrats from ballots, right now, while the issue is still in contention.

Meet escalation immediately, so the next moves they want to make they will question whether they want to risk it being done to them. The alternative is let it simmer and end up in hot conflict.

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    True, guess I am ready for non stop commercials and slandering to be done. I can only take so much of any of the news channels.

It's only going to get worse, if you think this cycle is bad, the next one is likely starting before the voting is finished.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    This whole episode reminds me of the proverbial "kitchen sink".
    The linguini has hit the wall but nothing stuck.

This smacks of desperation plain and simple.
    The Dems heads are on fire and their asses are catchin'.
    After the initial shock over what I first assumed to be the Dems audacity, I now recognize it for what it is, desperation.

I cannot see a scenario where S.C.O.T.U.S. let's this ruling stand.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

I think I missed that post.

You're right about the idea. Would be great to have that as a law.

But for Higgins, it exemplifies a big problem I have with Republicans as the role they seem to like as the semi-permanent opposition party. And when they win majorities, it's like, oh ****. We actually won. What do we do now? Oh. Yeah. Pass legislation that supports crony relationships with corporate America--instead of fixing the problems ordinary Americans face. **** Republicans. It's that they suck a little less than Democrats that I even vote for them.

It's a good bill. It's also a wet dream, symbolism without substance. Republicans are so used to pretending they’re doing something as the opposition party, it’s almost like they do this by reflex. He knows damn well that this bill has zero chance of becoming law with a Democrat controlled Senate and White House.

His bill is grandstanding. It's virtue signaling. It serves Higgins more than it serves anyone else. He even speaks of it as if it's already law. Like he just laid down an imaginary royal flush, and tried to rake in real pot.

Last edited:

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I'll add this. I'm not even sure that law would be constitutional. The correct remedy for this problem is for SCOTUS to correct a bad ruling by a lower court. If SCOTUS doesn't do that, legislation is often the legal remedy for that, but the remedy still has to pass constitutional muster. Let SCOTUS do its job. Then if that doesn't work, plan B. If that doesn't work, plan C which isn't all that pleasant.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I'll add this. I'm not even sure that law would be constitutional. The correct remedy for this problem is for SCOTUS to correct a bad ruling by a lower court. If SCOTUS doesn't do that, legislation is often the legal remedy for that, but the remedy still has to pass constitutional muster. Let SCOTUS do its job. Then if that doesn't work, plan B. If that doesn't work, plan C which isn't all that pleasant.
    Yep, clearly as unconstitutional as the Colorado decision. Would rather see red states join in the unconstitutional actions to create chaos rather than federal intervention…

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    So aren't they just effectively doing what Trump wanted to do? Election irregularities in your state mean that the states certified electors are rejected?
    Probably better to have a law behind it rather than just do it unilaterally. But like I said up thread, I'm not certain Higgins's bill passes constitutional muster.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Huh. No need to get courts involved. So which Red state SoS is willing to pull Biden from the ballot.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Maine is so bad they almost voted to outlaw all gas cars, then a storm hit the state and no power. Politicians catching flak so they going to wait until February to vote….. for outlawing all gas cars. The stupid is amazing. And stupid is more dangerous than evil.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Maine is so bad they almost voted to outlaw all gas cars, then a storm hit the state and no power. Politicians catching flak so they going to wait until February to vote….. for outlawing all gas cars. The stupid is amazing. And stupid is more dangerous than evil.
    Stupid * Evil = :toilet2:

Top Bottom