• ...and so much more!
  • Sigblitz

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 25, 2018
    Indianapolis
    This opens the gate to get the information and equipment to repair almost anything. For instance, only Ford can repair the new Mustang. Now they will have to share intellectual property in Colorado.

Reactions: Leo

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I'll have to think more about this but overall I believe it is great for Americans!

I fully support businesses ability to innovate and develop new products and technologies, but not at the inflated cost of time and money for the purchaser, especially of the equipment is paid off.

Now if we could only allow for farmers to use and sell plant products with heirloom seeds...

Regards,

Doug

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Actually it appears to be bipartisan and not breaking along party lines: https://leg.colorado.gov/bills/hb23-1011
    One of the sponsors is a Republican and there were as many Republican "yes" votes as "no" votes.
    Read the article. Some supported it, but it was primarily Ds. The Rs were the ones spouting the pro corporate lines.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    Read the article. Some supported it, but it was primarily Ds. The Rs were the ones spouting the pro corporate lines.
    Well, I read the article. But then I read the actual vote rolls (attached to my earlier post.) Lots of Republican "yes" votes...

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    A proper decision by the courts with potential widespread consequences across a wide swath of industries. Unfortunately I see it being reversed if JD wants to spend the money. Corporations hold too much influence to not get their way these days. All JD needs to do is bring this issue to the attention of the other industries who may no longer be able to hold the private property of others for ransom and they'll have enough money to buy off whomever they need to eventually.

You'll own nothing and like it. You can spend as much as you like on vehicles, heavy equipment and anything else but if it relies upon access to the manufacturer's servers to function you don't really own it. They can adjust parameters, turn off features, limit capabilities or turn it into a brick whenever they want to, just like our elected officials want them to be able to do.

Top Bottom