Clara Lane Walmart, wouldn't sell me ammo because I wouldn't show pink card.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JohnE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    OP question. You wouldn't show the manager your LTCH because it had your address on it. But you told the rep on the phone that if the manager had asked for your DL you would have showed it to her. And if you would have shown her your DL you would been showing her your address that's on it. I don't understand why you wouldn't show her one but willing to show the other that had the same info on it? Still wonder why she wanted to see your LTCH though to buy the ammo.

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    That was my initial thought as well. I don't know if it is a corporate policy, but I have NEVER seen a walmart that would open the ammo case after 10pm.

Just have to find someone working with the magical key to open the case. I've bought ammo at several 24-hour Walmarts in the dead of night. Fewer stares that way. Of course there was the time I bought twenty boxes of 9mm at the Newburgh Walmart but that's a story of itself. The real problem is that even the sporting goods people don't really know the law, they just re-iterate what the department head parrots, rightly or wrongly, and the regular cashiers don't deal with ammunition sales enough to understand store policy either. Having worked a brief stint at a Walmart before, complaining to customer service is the same as pitching it right into the trash bin. If you really want to affect store-change, contact Store Manager and all the Shift Managers, who will complain to the Store Manager about being complained to, and then you might, just might, see a bit of difference.

Bung

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 11, 2012
    Anderson
    I got a call back from another assistant manager at that store and she apologized for the misunderstanding and said that Loretta would be instructed in the correct policy.

OP question. You wouldn't show the manager your LTCH because it had your address on it. But you told the rep on the phone that if the manager had asked for your DL you would have showed it to her. And if you would have shown her your DL you would been showing her your address that's on it. I don't understand why you wouldn't show her one but willing to show the other that had the same info on it? Still wonder why she wanted to see your LTCH though to buy the ammo.

I can cover the address on my DL and still allow them to see my DOB. The LTCH also had no bearing on the encounter. She could have just as well asked me to show her proof that I owned a gun that fired the ammo I was buying or asked for proof that I took a training course. There are many things that are easy to prove that should could have asked that I would refuse to prove since it had no bearing. Let us also consider that I'm not required by law to have the LTCH with me and it should be subject to verification by a Wal-Mart employee in the course of buying ammo. I have another one, you can't legally own a firearm if you are a felon, should I prove to her I'm not a felon if she asked? Maybe she would be willing to run the background check and wait for the results. If you give them an inch, they will take a mile. I'm not going to start a trend that would cause anyone OC'ing and buying ammo at Wal-Mart to be harassed for their LTCH. I suspected she would pull the same crap two LEO's have pulled on me when I present them with the LTCH and they ask for my ID; "How do I know it isn't a fake LTCH?" I suppose you feel I should allow a cop to search my car if I know they won't find anything.

That was my initial thought asut I have NEVER seen a walmart that would open the ammo case after 10pm.

I haven't seen one yet that wouldn't sell it after 10 pm.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I got a call back from another assistant manager at that store and she apologized for the misunderstanding and said that Loretta would be instructed in the correct policy.

Nice!!
    I haven't seen one yet that wouldn't sell it after 10 pm.

All the ones around here have official looking signs posted on the ammo cases that say "No sales of ammunition between 10pm and 6am".

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    The manager ( anyone selling ammo ) has the legal right to ask to see ID for age. The situation isn't about being lawful. It's about seeing his side arm and wanting to assert her "authority". If she REALLY thought he was a threat, would she approach him? I would hope she would move employees and customers to safety while waiting on law enforcement.
    If he was shooting people she would probably be praying that someone ( law abiding citizen with side arm ) like in this case, would put the evil doer down. I agree she has the right to ask anyone to leave her store, and I support her right to make those choices. In this case, she made the wrong decision and needs more training. For the record, I purchased 100 rounds of 45acp at Walmart last night. Sig on my belt, UNDER my shirt. I have friends that like to open carry, my personal preference is to not show the potential bad guy what I have.
    Because open carriers will be the first one shot? Or for the element of surprise?

X piller X

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2014
    Indy
    I've OC'ed in walmart in Beech Grove so many times without issues. Beech grove police like to hang there, and I've walked directly past them multiple times and they just smile.

People must be terrified that I'm going to go on a rampage.... Because clearly every time i get frustrated with life I make a trip to walmart... (maybe I do to boost my self esteem :):)

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I've OC'ed in walmart in Beech Grove so many times without issues. Beech grove police like to hang there, and I've walked directly past them multiple times and they just smile.

People must be terrified that I'm going to go on a rampage.... Because clearly every time i get frustrated with life I make a trip to walmart... (maybe I do to boost my self esteem :):)
    Beech Grove as a whole is fairly gun friendly. I have walked into Speedway at 3am OCing while 4 Officers were drinking coffee and talking and not one of them said a word other than Hello.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    .............. You have no idea what the manager probably had to deal with in that 5 hours before you walked through the door. Oh retail, its a stressful job.

oh_my_god__who_the_hell_cares__by_nzabob-d46gjne.gif

She needs to put on her big girl panties and.......................

putin-deal.gif

Making up "policy" and causing problems because she had a bad day?

3627.jpg

sj kahr k40

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    I've never seen the no ammo sales between 10pm and 6am signs at Plainfield, Avon or Brownsburg Walmarts and I've purchased ammo at everyone after midnight

Top Bottom