• JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I found this article from Robert Jeffress, written in 2022:
    Would Jesus vote? Here's what Christians should consider this election season

Christians aren’t called to save America. We’re called to save Americans from God’s judgment by sharing the good news of Christ’s forgiveness.

So, yes, Christians have both the right and responsibility to vote in this election. But remember why you’re doing it and what ultimate purpose voting serves.

What America needs most is not a politician or a party. We need a genuine spiritual revival that only God can bring.

Either I had him wrong, or he's changing his tune. Nevertheless, I agree.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    So...I'm leaving the Lutherans. Not because I want to but because my wife and kids need to go somewhere else. :-(

Well, that was a good two years of being saved.
    Leaving implies going somewhere....its like a hanging chad!!!!!

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I'm studying Leviticus, and I'm now on chapter 11. Kosher/dietary laws. What you can, or cannot eat etc.

If you have some insight on this chapter please share it. I'm finding this interesting.

I've meet Christians who say this should still be observed, and some say it doesn't.

historian

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2009
    SD by residency, Hoosier by heart
    I'm studying Leviticus, and I'm now on chapter 11. Kosher/dietary laws. What you can, or cannot eat etc.

If you have some insight on this chapter please share it. I'm finding this interesting.

I've meet Christians who say this should still be observed, and some say it doesn't.
    Heck, half of the NT is about circumcision of the heart. Galatians, Corinthians, Acts. It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles it, but what comes out.

Now, detractors will say that therefore all Levitical law is abandoned, but there is a difference between ceremonial laws (sacrifices, dietary restrictions, circumcision) and enforcement of natural/moral laws. If you read Romans 1, you see a lot of Levitical laws being echoed there, because it wasn't new in Leviticus, but rather just simply being codified (sorta how the right to bear arms and defend yourself isn't given by government, but rather God).

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    That may be your best post ever.
    Heck, half of the NT is about circumcision of the heart. Galatians, Corinthians, Acts. It is not what goes into the mouth that defiles it, but what comes out.

Now, detractors will say that therefore all Levitical law is abandoned, but there is a difference between ceremonial laws (sacrifices, dietary restrictions, circumcision) and enforcement of natural/moral laws. If you read Romans 1, you see a lot of Levitical laws being echoed there, because it wasn't new in Leviticus, but rather just simply being codified (sorta how the right to bear arms and defend yourself isn't given by government, but rather God).

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne

Acts 10:9-16: My life verses. :):

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011

The last 15 min talk about Leviticus 11. In other words, starting at about the 34th or the 35th minute.

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    Yeah. I can sit through sermon after sermon about a "personal relationship with God" easier than my wife can deal with the real presence in communion.

:( Just sucks to go back to Jesus Hates Me This I Know.
    Compromise. Become Orthodox and go once a year because it's just too far to get to Church.

45sRfun

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    For years now I have been wondering about Melchizedek.
    I think He is one of the great mysteries.
    Anyone have the same problem?
    I want to know about that and I also want to know about the saints who rose from the dead at Jesus' crucifiction and walked into town.

Matthew 27:51-53​

King James Version​

51 And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent;

52 And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose,

53 And came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.

Top Bottom