• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Lets remember Paul and the scriptures make it clear not to judge those of the world, for God shall judge them. But those who are of the household of God we are to judge, for know ye not, that we shall judge angels. The scripture Jesus teaches about not judging others was not directed towards believers but rather those who judge not by Gods word, but judging by THEIR standards. Something the Pharisee and Sadducees had become experts in. I have been in church and seen brethren caught in ungodly sin red handed only to quote wrongly..."Judge not lest ye be judged." This is willful and wrong interpretation of the scriptures. 1 Cor. 5-6 makes this clear.
    Keep it all in context..."judging" speaks to someone`s motive, and we are not to judge because we cannot read and know their heart. But we ARE called to DISCERN light from darkness, good from evil. Discernment is key to understanding and furthering good and proper doctrine. Please don`t make the mistake of the "thou shalt not judge" cults.

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Scrolling through the recent posts is bringing to mind questions that seemed easier to answer when I was younger.

As a freshly saved 17 year old, it was very straightforward. I was surrounded by the good people of the world on Sunday and left to deal with a mixed bag including many, well, not good people thd other 6 days.

Over time, I came to see that in many cases, there really wasn't much difference.

I eventually reached the point of having questions about the church as an institution, both in terms of the reality of the situation and not being entirely sure how things should be. Based on observation, i would conclude that there certainly is no general consensus on the subject.

Perhaps more distressing is the existence of so many questions before a person even considers doctrine.

Maybe I will post more later if I perceive any sense of understanding I do not presently possess.
    The people of Christ's church are NOT of this world. His church is made up of sinners redeemed by His Blood, and are filled with His Holy Spirit. Yes, we still sin, but we are not of this world.

Hebrews 10:25
    King James Version
    Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Keep it all in context..."judging" speaks to someone`s motive, and we are not to judge because we cannot read and know their heart. But we ARE called to DISCERN light from darkness, good from evil. Discernment is key to understanding and furthering good and proper doctrine. Please don`t make the mistake of the "thou shalt not judge" cults.

I kept it in context. And in the scriptures.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Anyone watching what's going on in the SBC?

Russell Moore (and a lot of his underlings) left, there was a struggle for the presidency, Beth Moore left some time ago (I probably posted something here)...

It's going to be tough.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Split over politics?
    Somewhat. Semms like the SBC is doing their usual tactic of circle the wagons. We'll see what the new pres. brings. the ultra-conservative candidate was passed over in favor of a moderate.

I wonder - do American Christians care more about their "way of life" or their future life?
    Increasingly, I find the hardline conservative ideals I grew up with to be incompatible with what I find in scripture when applied to today.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I wonder - do American Christians care more about their "way of life" or their future life?
    Increasingly, I find the hardline conservative ideals I grew up with to be incompatible with what I find in scripture when applied to today.
    The truth is always the truth.

Too many people get into the ditch one way or the other by either forgetting the concept of grace or forgetting that God does have standards which will be enforced in eternity.

Too many Christians are focused on a lifestyle which is more social than spiritual in nature, therefore completely defeating the purpose.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI

???

Scripture, Has always and will always be incompatible with worldliness.

Please never mistake preaching of righteousness as hate. Warning people that they are heading for a cliff is love.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    ???

Scripture, Has always and will always be incompatible with worldliness.

Please never mistake preaching of righteousness as hate. Warning people that they are heading for a cliff is love.
    The problem is when Christians don't recognize their behavior and attitudes as worldly.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Don't hang around them, pray for them, don't cast stones.

The Bible is quite clear that the judgmental is guilty of the same that he sees in others.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    If one comprehends that man wasn't created for the world and the world wasn't created for man, that our rightful place in the universe is closely akin to bait in a trap then worldliness and the attending anthropocentric view just don't make a lot of sense.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Righteousness is the road less traveled.

Matthew 7:13 Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: 7:14 Because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it.

Shared via Bible KJV http://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gyc.ace.kjv

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

1 Peter 1:15-17​

15 But as he which hath called you is holy, so be ye holy in all manner of conversation;
    16 Because it is written, Be ye holy; for I am holy.
    17 And if ye call on the Father, who without respect of persons judgeth according to every man's work, pass the time of your sojourning here in fear:

Hebrews 12:14
    14 Pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord:

Top Bottom