Never had that problem.
    445.gif

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    When my muscles get sore, there’s nothing better than being ensalved.

Anyhoo...are we talking theological liberalism vs. conservatism...’cause I would not want to sign on to one always being right and one always being wrong. I would have to here a time period, an issue and a position.

As with politics, those who describe themselves either way sometimes have a point.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    The terms are not succinct in any way.

The liberal soul shall be made fat. This is talking about Charity, love in action, giving freely of your bounty to help those in need. Even when your bounty seems meager to you.

I use the term conservative to depict one that believes and upholds Biblical principles and liberal for those that would water it down and compromise G-ds Word because they put their mind above His.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/11/9761...-moore-announces-split-from-southern-baptists
    TL/DR: Beth Moore stops being associated with the SBC, because she wants to be considered a full preacher, and they say "no".

The irony is (IMHO), she won't be a preacher because all she does is give motivational speeches of pablum.

But... it does show there are some serious issues in the SBC; I'm more concerned about race than gender.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    https://www.npr.org/2021/03/11/9761...-moore-announces-split-from-southern-baptists
    TL/DR: Beth Moore stops being associated with the SBC, because she wants to be considered a full preacher, and they say "no".

The irony is (IMHO), she won't be a preacher because all she does is give motivational speeches of pablum.

But... it does show there are some serious issues in the SBC; I'm more concerned about race than gender.
    ...and in my (SBC) church starting Weds.:

1615820169792.png

I don't think the SJWs will be very happy with the content of this study.

Similar to this:

Last edited:

TangoFoxtrot

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 22, 2018
    United states
    Just a little plug for our church
    Heatherhills.org
    You can listen to them online or attend online but our pastor is gifted with knowing English, Greek, Latin and really know how to expound on what is written. Unlike alot of churches I've tried, he does not try to interpret.. he literally expounds upon what it is saying and giftedly paints a picture of the surrounding context. JMO..Check them out if you like... btw... denomination is regular Baptist

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Yeah, there's a line that isn't clearly understood among the secular mainstream: the relationship as being separate from the people in the relationship.

The people are sinners (as we all are) and can be respected and appreciated, while the relationship - and the imitative way that it is presented - can be... properly viewed as sinful.

There actually isn't much new in the statement itself. Really, it is more of a checkpoint for the media. "We haven't asked for awhile, so we'll check again and see if anything has changed."

Or, to put it another way, the Pope remains Catholic. Or at least Jesuit. ;)

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    When people don't repent should we do what Jesus told us?
    Most of the church corporations aren't so now we know which side they're on but still, come on, which "church" do you want to be part of? We're either His or we belong to the opposition.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    And what are we to do when someone refuses to repent?
    Try to be like G-d and love them in spite of their opposition. We have had many come to our Church as unbelievers and come back because someone was nice to them, they enjoyed the atmosphere, the music, they hated the sermon because it stepped on their toes, you name it.

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The repent-forgive-slip-repent-forgive-slip-repent-forgive (and hopefully stop slipping so much) cycle and recycle is what works. No repentance and it doesn't work.

The churches that are accepting unrepentant sin into their congregation... that's not what Jesus said to do. Is that a part of the great falling away? I wonder.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    How Pharisiac.

First. You are either Saved or unsaved.

If you are Saved, you will continue to backside and confess until the day you go to Heaven.

If you are unsaved, you will continue to sin until the day that you either trust Christ, or you die.

We give people in both cases the best support to know and grow in Christ.

Top Bottom