Civil discussion of ISIS from a religious point-of-view.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Mine in red

What was the 1st thing ISIS did? They began removing roadblocks that improsioned them from entering or exiting the country. They tookbthe freedoms back that the previous regimes didnt allow

As far as killing innocents.... we've done our fair share and its resulted in this hate for us.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    What was the 1st thing ISIS did? They began removing roadblocks that improsioned them from entering or exiting the country. They tookbthe freedoms back that the previous regimes didnt allow

As far as killing innocents.... we've done our fair share and its resulted in this hate for us.

Freedom fighters? Heh, ask the new Islamic State citizens how they like their new freedom.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Me and Abu Taubah - BBC News

Interesting text-based discussion between 2 Muslims, 1 in Daesh and the other a "Western" journalist.

Aside from a lesson in scripted jihadi responses, our exchanges brought me insight into an individual who perhaps lacked the absolute conviction he first tried to project. It left me wondering how many others in the seemingly impenetrable Isis army could also be having doubts.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Me and Abu Taubah - BBC News

Interesting text-based discussion between 2 Muslims, 1 in Daesh and the other a "Western" journalist.

Aside from a lesson in scripted jihadi responses, our exchanges brought me insight into an individual who perhaps lacked the absolute conviction he first tried to project. It left me wondering how many others in the seemingly impenetrable Isis army could also be having doubts.

"I'm having doubts about sawing people's heads off just because they believe something even slightly different from me."

I just wonder how many ISIS supporters have ever had that thought.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    "I'm having doubts about sawing people's heads off just because they believe something even slightly different from me."

I just wonder how many ISIS supporters have ever had that thought.

Probably a nonzero, statistically significant number.

The problem is group dynamics. An individual can have those doubts - somewhat like a gunowner wondering if the world would be a better place if firearms had never been invented - but still be unable or unwilling to act on them.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

Really? It's funny that the two nations that suffered the most civilian deaths at our hands are steadfast allies.

Please get a clue.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Really? It's funny that the two nations that suffered the most civilian deaths at our hands are steadfast allies.

Please get a clue.

Great...lets skip out on the small fries and invade China! Or better yet Sweden...maybe they will export us some tall blue eyed blondes.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    They do at will and it seams you are their host. Keep chearleading for them.

When we collapse the dollar chasing boogie men... will all the foreign people we save and ****ty governments we prop up and install on our dime cheerlead for us?

I could give 2 ****s if ISIS dies... id be glad for it actually... but I will not support my country doing it for any reason...least of all in the name of Christanity.

If you want to fight a Holy War...pick up a rifle...buy your own anmo and have at it. Until then... you are nothing more than a cheerleader yourself.

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County
    When we collapse the dollar chasing boogie men... will all the foreign people we save and ****ty governments we prop up and install on our dime cheerlead for us?

I could give 2 ****s if ISIS dies... id be glad for it actually... but I will not support my country doing it for any reason...least of all in the name of Christanity.

If you want to fight a Holy War...pick up a rifle...buy your own anmo and have at it. Until then... you are nothing more than a cheerleader yourself.

Oh really. So what am I chearleading for? I do see you contradicting yourself a lot. For someone that doesn't support or care if ISIS "freedom fighters" ss you call them die, you sure do spend a reasonable amount of band width defending them. And who said anything about going to war for Christianity? Now carry on and go drink you koolaid.

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Oh really. So what am I chearleading for? I do see you contradicting yourself a lot. For someone that doesn't support or care if ISIS "freedom fighters" ss you call them die, you sure do spend a reasonable amount of band width defending them. And who said anything about going to war for Christianity? Now carry on and go drink you koolaid.

I don't defend.... But our country should at the very least try to understand the root cause of the worlds perception of us if we want to break the cycle were in. If we want everyone in the world to be our allies we can either change their perceptions or kill everyone not American... and we cant afford that. This "bull in a china shop" mentality to foreign relations isnt going to get it done. ISIS isnt the real threat...the threat is going bankrupt fighting them.

Furthermore this "Minority Report" presumption that if we do nothing they will kill us is completely unsubstantiated. No Navy...no Air Force...how? How will they come get us?

If you fear that they will come here in a 9/11 style terror strike fashion...then how will going to war prevent that? Do you feel safer post 9/11 after 14 years of war? Your paranoia suggests otherwise...and perhaps Id agree. 14 years of war has destabilized the region and made more of them hate us AND HAS DOUBLED OUR NATIONAL DEBT.

If we go my route and just leave them alone and pull out of the entire area... then that region will spend the next hundred years in civil war and America will be far from their thoughts. Even then it may be too late to turn our financial situation around.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    I don't defend.... But our country should at the very least try to understand the root cause of the worlds perception of us if we want to break the cycle were in. If we want everyone in the world to be our allies we can either change their perceptions or kill everyone not American... and we cant afford that. This "bull in a china shop" mentality to foreign relations isnt going to get it done. ISIS isnt the real threat...the threat is going bankrupt fighting them.

Furthermore this "Minority Report" presumption that if we do nothing they will kill us is completely unsubstantiated. No Navy...no Air Force...how? How will they come get us?

If you fear that they will come here in a 9/11 style terror strike fashion...then how will going to war prevent that? Do you feel safer post 9/11 after 14 years of war? Your paranoia suggests otherwise...and perhaps Id agree. 14 years of war has destabilized the region and made more of them hate us AND HAS DOUBLED OUR NATIONAL DEBT.

If we go my route and just leave them alone and pull out of the entire area... then that region will spend the next hundred years in civil war and America will be far from their thoughts. Even then it may be too late to turn our financial situation around.

You have raised two separate issues amalgamated into one. It would appear that ISIS is very capable at assymetric warfare. That said, they are a credible threat even if not able to successfully mount a conventional war against us. Then again, we won our independence with the British b*tching that we fought like cowards, not like real men or like Christians since we did not line up in straights ranks and files on an open field making targets of ourselves.

There is much more to the national debt increase than the war, not that this fact excuses conducting a war stupidly and at great cost. I am inclined to believe that crony capitalism was the first objective of the war in the first place. That said, we could dispense with ISIS quickly and economically, but we do not have the political will to do it, especially after 14 years of fighting a war doing everything except what would be either workable or frugal in its conduct.

How will they get here? They have plenty of money. Commercial transport to Mexico and simply walk across the border.

I do not believe that they are going to see any century of civil war. ISIS seems to be doing quite well at unifying the region, unfortunately in the most hostile hands in modern history. Further, as soon as ISIS acquires a nuclear weapon, life is going to get really interesting really fast.

I would say that the single biggest problem has been this nonsensical fretting over winning hearts and minds. They are not going to love us regardless. It is irrelevant whether or not they like us, and they most assuredly are NOT going to like us under any circumstances. The important thing is that they respect us, and history has demonstrated that they respect only one thing which is getting the dogsh*t kicked out of them. Peace through superior firepower is the only peace we are going to get, and that is not going to be done by sending in troops with rules of engagement more appropriate for a police department than an army and spending fantastic sums of money in the process.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH

I think you drastically underestimate how tired of this we really are. How much we want apermanent solution to this kind of bull****. If they hit us again, and depending how they hit us, your buddies would do well to remember that one - ONE - SSBN could wipe their religion off the face of the earth. Its entirely up to them whether they provoke us to the point that we no longer worry about innocents being killed, or indeed believe there ARE any innocents. If you want war with the great satan you should be careful what you ask for, because if we ever take the gloves off it will not be pretty.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    You have raised two separate issues amalgamated into one. It would appear that ISIS is very capable at assymetric warfare. That said, they are a credible threat even if not able to successfully mount a conventional war against us. Then again, we won our independence with the British b*tching that we fought like cowards, not like real men or like Christians since we did not line up in straights ranks and files on an open field making targets of ourselves.

There is much more to the national debt increase than the war, not that this fact excuses conducting a war stupidly and at great cost. I am inclined to believe that crony capitalism was the first objective of the war in the first place. That said, we could dispense with ISIS quickly and economically, but we do not have the political will to do it, especially after 14 years of fighting a war doing everything except what would be either workable or frugal in its conduct.

How will they get here? They have plenty of money. Commercial transport to Mexico and simply walk across the border.

I do not believe that they are going to see any century of civil war. ISIS seems to be doing quite well at unifying the region, unfortunately in the most hostile hands in modern history. Further, as soon as ISIS acquires a nuclear weapon, life is going to get really interesting really fast.

I would say that the single biggest problem has been this nonsensical fretting over winning hearts and minds. They are not going to love us regardless. It is irrelevant whether or not they like us, and they most assuredly are NOT going to like us under any circumstances. The important thing is that they respect us, and history has demonstrated that they respect only one thing which is getting the dogsh*t kicked out of them. Peace through superior firepower is the only peace we are going to get, and that is not going to be done by sending in troops with rules of engagement more appropriate for a police department than an army and spending fantastic sums of money in the process.

View attachment 39519 QF effing T

Cerberus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 27, 2011
    Floyd County

We don't need to understand them, we need to STOP play patsy with them like we've done for the past 40 years. They ONLY understand strength, and will back the strongest horse 100%, even when the strong horse is openly abusing them.

I don't guess they can board commercial transportation means and travel. They are already here, have been for a long time.

Oh no, I am quite good with letting them start it here. Might wake some morons up to their true ways. We are long overdue for a cesspool chlorination.

Do you read history, or do you just prefer denial? THEY have repeatedly said they ARE going to strike us here, and so far, to their credit they seem to do as they say eventually.

In red again.

Top Bottom