• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Obviously you didn't read the article. They said the "City Owned" Pools will be open more to help and aid as additional cooling sights.

lol No I didn't read this article. I saw this on my local news last night. So with these cooling sites and "city owned" pools opened later, what do you think will be the excuse for all the crime that usually spikes during heat waves?

Kitty

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2010
    Whiting
    I wonder what the percentage of houses is in Indiana that don't have air-conditioning.

We don't have air, even when I had it I never used it. Couple of nice fans and a fridge stocked with ice. Hasn't been a problem in the 20 years I lived on my own. The only complaints are the boy and the big dog. They each pick a fan and lay in front of it.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    lol No I didn't read this article. I saw this on my local news last night. So with these cooling sites and "city owned" pools opened later, what do you think will be the excuse for all the crime that usually spikes during heat waves?

Crime what Crime the preachers and pastors were just on the TV saying they aren't criminals they are just misunderstood. You don't need that big screen TV, A/C, Jewelery. This misunderstood people are just trying to help you out.:n00b:

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    I'm sorry that I've come to see the day that this country's priorities have become so perverted.

+1 Today's younger people (under 30) have no concept of individual responsibility. If they can't make it, the government will take care of them. It's the government's RESPONSIBILITY to provide for those who can't/won't do it for themselves. Wants? There are no wants anymore. Don't want to work? No problem. You still get, via free government handouts, what everyone else has who is working. Einstein isn't needed to figure out that these losers will never work again. Generation to generation.

We have destroyed our future. It didn't start yesterday. In many ways, it started from the very beginning. The pace has just escalated since the 1960's. We did it to ourselves.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    +1 Today's younger people (under 30) have no concept of individual responsibility. If they can't make it, the government will take care of them. It's the government's RESPONSIBILITY to provide for those who can't/won't do it for themselves. Wants? There are no wants anymore. Don't want to work? No problem. You still get, via free government handouts, what everyone else has who is working. Einstein isn't needed to figure out that these losers will never work again. Generation to generation.

We have destroyed our future. It didn't start yesterday. In many ways, it started from the very beginning. The pace has just escalated since the 1960's. We did it to ourselves.

Hey now, I'm 26 and I started this thread. Although I will agree that "my' Generation has mashed the accelerator and are trying to drive this country off a cliff.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I'm torn. This is far from the hottest it has ever been, and I don't remember the city providing these before. I know people used to go to the movies in the evenings when they got off WORK so they and their family could cool down in the AC. The government seems to make it so that those "less fortunate" are able to stay "less fortunate" and get everything for free that I have to work for.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils
    Hey now, I'm 26 and I started this thread. Although I will agree that "my' Generation has mashed the accelerator and are trying to drive this country off a cliff.

I don't think "your" generation is to blame at all. The blame rests squarely with "my" generation (I have a few decades on you.) We built the environment...the young of today are just living within it. And it's not just the young....there are plenty of "old people" today, more than ever as a percentage of the total, who have firmly planted their lips on the government teat. As a people, we have lost the concept of doing for ourselves. Politicians (on both sides), ever eager to be in control, have worked non-stop to assure that the trend is not interrupted.

Westside

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Monitor World
    I don't think "your" generation is to blame at all. The blame rests squarely with "my" generation (I have a few decades on you.) We built the environment...the young of today are just living within it. And it's not just the young....there are plenty of "old people" today, more than ever as a percentage of the total, who have firmly planted their lips on the government teat. As a people, we have lost the concept of doing for ourselves. Politicians (on both sides), ever eager to be in control, have worked non-stop to assure that the trend is not interrupted.

I agree "Your's" Set it up and "Mine" is speeding it up.

I am all for Churches and other non government agencies do this. BUT, I am not ok with my tax dollars doing this.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    +1 Today's younger people (under 30) have no concept of individual responsibility. If they can't make it, the government will take care of them. It's the government's RESPONSIBILITY to provide for those who can't/won't do it for themselves. .

Let's take a closer look at your assertions.

Individual responsibility? Let's see, in WWII the percentage of volunteers for that war - 33%. For Vietnam - 66%. Percentage of volunteers for Afghanistan and Iraq - 100%.

The government taking care of them? The young people today are paying into a Social Security system that immediately takes their dollars and gives it to the richest demographic, seniors. Mind you, these are seniors who will draw much more out of SS than they put in and they are also the seniors who will vote in a block to remove any politician who tries to fix the system so all those entitled younger people you've smeared can actually get some of the money back that they're paying to these older more responsible generations.

This irresponsible younger generation saves more than any other generation in our recent history, they work more hours, and they commit fewer crimes. Fathers now also spend a lot more time with their children.

I find it not only laughable, but rude that earlier generations who caused this problem and who have benefitted by stealing from future generations now have the gall to complain about the very people who are currently paying their way.

And BTW, I'm 49. I work with some folks in their twenties. I see them work all night on a project, not because someone told them to, and not even to get promoted, but because they wanted to produce excellent work.

I find it ****ing hilarious that the generation who invented "free" love and brought drug abuse to the popular culture, and who now happily take an SS check provided for them by kids who will never see a dime of that money themselves are now insulting that very generation.

Puh-leez.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana

Individual responsibility? Let's see, in WWII the percentage of volunteers for that war - 33%. For Vietnam - 66%. Percentage of volunteers for Afghanistan and Iraq - 100%.

The government taking care of them? The young people today are paying into a Social Security system that immediately takes their dollars and gives it to the richest demographic, seniors. Mind you, these are seniors who will draw much more out of SS than they put in and they are also the seniors who will vote in a block to remove any politician who tries to fix the system so all those entitled younger people you've smeared can actually get some of the money back that they're paying to these older more responsible generations.

This irresponsible younger generation saves more than any other generation in our recent history, they work more hours, and they commit fewer crimes. Fathers now also spend a lot more time with their children.

I find it not only laughable, but rude that earlier generations who caused this problem and who have benefitted by stealing from future generations now have the gall to complain about the very people who are currently paying their way.

And BTW, I'm 49. I work with some folks in their twenties. I see them work all night on a project, not because someone told them to, and not even to get promoted, but because they wanted to produce excellent work.

I find it ****ing hilarious that the generation who invented "free" love and brought drug abuse to the popular culture, and who now happily take an SS check provided for them by kids who will never see a dime of that money themselves are now insulting that very generation.

Puh-leez.

I'll rep this after I spread it around.

Jake46184

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    Indianapoils

Puh-leez.

Thank you for your input, dross. We appreciate your comments.

Mike_Indy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 31, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Not for this one. There are far too many infrastructure items that are in need of repair. People have been living without AC for years. My folks are in south Florida, the AC went out in 1978, never fixed it, put in ceiling fans and life goes on. That is their choice.

Will the city please put in some cooling hardware at my softball game tonight? That would be sweet. We play outdoors and cannot afford a stadium with AC. We "need" it.

Joking aside, yes assist the elderly whenever possible and appropriate. As for the other people, if you want AC, go to work and make some money, pay the bills. Same goes for the cold that will likely be here in a few months.

Government DOES NOT (Should not) = SERVICE.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    would you rather that people crack open fire hydrants? the city is saving money by providing the cooling stations, once you tally up any damage to hydrants, firemen that have to go close them, loss of a lot of water in the meantime, etc...

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    would you rather that people crack open fire hydrants? the city is saving money by providing the cooling stations, once you tally up any damage to hydrants, firemen that have to go close them, loss of a lot of water in the meantime, etc...

Really? Show evidence that any fewer number of hydrants were opened or that there is even an overlap of the group that opens hydrants versus going to "cooling sites."

jd4320t

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    South Putnam County

Does that really happen? Seriously I don't know. I just thought it was a movie thing:dunno:

Top Bottom