Christmas has been good to me.. Is there a gun show in Columbus on the 1st???

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ncin1911

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    New Castle
    Going to hit the Stout Field show tomorrow with my dad & bro.

My brother and I visited quite a number of times there as a kids, in the 70's & 80's. Our dad was in for 20+ years. 70s, 80's and early 90's.
    We played Army quite a bit with our toy M16A1's back when.
    There was an incident of wolly worms ending up in one of dad's canteens. Came as a surprise during some training at Camp Attebury, IIRC.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    Unfortunately, I won't be able to make it to the Columbus show. Too much to do here while the boys are staying with DoggyMama's sister. I don't know if I'll make it to Stout Field or not. Maybe Sunday morning if I get a chance. Really only need a few ammo cans.
    ha ha ha heard that before then boom you start buying up tables full of guns..

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    If I can only make it to 1 (time constraints), which one is the better of the 2?
    Crap it will boil down to which one you find what you are needing... Both are pretty good shows.. Columbus does tend to have more people walking in with guns. But thats just luck of the draw.

Tell you what the fact that DD is not going tells me there will be deals out there now. When DD hits a show its like a hungry ant eater getting into a kids ant farm..

Cq2kQxK.jpg

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    That was the old me (younger me?). Now there are two more mouths to feed, so that cuts into the fun budget. And the time budget. And the nerves budget. :faint:

Sorry for your losses, one of those may mean a gain for me. :hehe: Now as for the other 2, I fully understand, been there done that.

Columbus it is then!

indy1919a4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Jan 7, 2011
    That was the old me (younger me?). Now there are two more mouths to feed, so that cuts into the fun budget. And the time budget. And the nerves budget. :faint:
    Yeah right you will have those 2 little shavers putting on a poor act while you get them to bid for you at auctions.. Saw you do that to you poor little Grandkid.

I saw you twisting his arm while he bid so he would have tears in his eyes...

And you were always pulling in the wins. lucky stiff.

By the way there is an auction coming up in a few weeks, I will want to rent him again, usual rate I hope.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Yeah right you will have those 2 little shavers putting on a poor act while you get them to bid for you at auctions.. Saw you do that to you poor little Grandkid.

I saw you twisting his arm while he bid so he would have tears in his eyes...

And you were always pulling in the wins. lucky stiff.

By the way there is an auction coming up in a few weeks, I will want to rent him again, usual rate I hope.
    I wouldn't want these two demon spawn anywhere near firearms, believe me. Not even kidding.

SAILORGOLF46

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Feb 14, 2012
    Greenwood
    Will be watching for reports about the Colombus show as I plan to go tomorrow for the first time. I usually go to all Stout Field shows but the Thanksgiving show was way to crouded for my likeing. The isles had been narrowed down to about 3 ft +/- to accomidate the amout of vendors tabels and I was not comfortable being herded along. But happy to see that much vender interest in this area.

BGDave

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    207   0   0
    Sep 15, 2011
    Beech Grove
    Just got back. Nice show with a little bit of everything.
    Successfully resisted a $550-600 Sig 220. A little worn, but still a W Germany marked pistol.
    If high end Colt's and Smiths are your thing, look to the right when you first enter the building. His tables alone are worth the 6 bucks entry. Inflation is not going to be kind to putting off what you want.

Chewie

Old, Tired, Grumpy, Skeptical
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 28, 2012
    Martinsville
    Just got back. Nice show with a little bit of everything.
    Successfully resisted a $550-600 Sig 220. A little worn, but still a W Germany marked pistol.
    If high end Colt's and Smiths are your thing, look to the right when you first enter the building. His tables alone are worth the 6 bucks entry. Inflation is not going to be kind to putting off what you want.

You and I must have been there about the same time. I also resisted temptation successfully (well I did buy a brownie for a buck). Seriously considered a few items but being a tightwad, well that is self explanatory. Did see 1 box of primers, but marked $175, I didn't even look to see what they were. Was a good time and for $7 was nice to go back to a gun/knife show after more than 2 years. Considering the next 1500 but .........

ncin1911

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 12, 2017
    New Castle
    Just got back from day long road trip. Hit Indy, Columbus and Lima shows. None of us bought anything but were some nice pieces to look at. Got to Lima pretty late so not much time and some vendors covered/left a bit earlier it appeared. Wish we had hit Lima first based on number of tables and variety of used firearms. Lots of wood and steel.
    Ran over to Cabelas in Dayton on way back but the used library was bare except for numerous .40 cal pistols and most being Glocks.

Sent from my SM-S506DL using Tapatalk

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Was at the Columbus show when the doors opened. The tables to the right going in certainly held the nicest collection of S&W and Colts as well as the Sigs mentioned earlier. Nice little show, but when did Remington 1100 get to be $900 used ?
    Maybe I'm just getting old and hadn't been paying attention.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Was at the Columbus show when the doors opened. The tables to the right going in certainly held the nicest collection of S&W and Colts as well as the Sigs mentioned earlier. Nice little show, but when did Remington 1100 get to be $900 used ?
    Maybe I'm just getting old and hadn't been paying attention.
    Interesting. I just might have a 1100 to sell at that rate.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I thought about running over to Holt Rd. this morning to pick up a few more ammo cans, but we got the grandsons back earlier than anticipated (yesterday instead of today), so that won't be happening. :(

Top Bottom