• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tolle house

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    South Indy
    I have a Chinese SKS with the 2 Chinese characters on the ejection side of the reciever. I am told this is a Chinese Security Force gun and is very Rare. Does anyone have any information to share about this gun. I will put pictures up soon. What is its value
    picture.php
    picture.php
    ?
    picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    What year is your gun? When was it important to the U.S.? Just curious because I have one with the sling on the side of the stock and have you notice that your barrel is screw in not pinned and your Rec. is milled not stamped? You might also try and look at the SKS forum for more info.
    Survivor's SKS Boards - Index
    Other then that, nice looking rifle.

:ingo:

m4_dave

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Apr 23, 2009
    North Central IN
    I know this is a little off topic. I was in China a few years ago in Shenzhen city and I was on the beach of the south china sea and the soldiers there that were patroling the beach were carring sks's.I talked to them and they showed me their guns and looked just like a norinco.I didn't notice anything special about them at all.

Picture.jpg

tolle house

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    South Indy
    Yes this i realize that this is a higher quality sks as they made it for the security force, i believe it dates in the late sixties early 70's not sure. Just know it is not a normal SKS for the date, it is a higher quality and scarce from what i understand. I have several SKS including Russian and chinese sino soviet and this is about the same quality with newer blond wood. and spike bayonet. I have the sling as well.

chickenman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Oct 4, 2009
    Monroe County
    Also something I have notice is, when the sling is mounted on the side of the stock. This usally means its a Milled Rec.. Which menas a better quailty Rifle. I am no way expert and this is my two cents. A friend of mine at work has notice the same thing and have been comparing notes. I did read on SKS forums. That the Chinese Govrnt. Was think they were going to get in to Vetinam. Some where around the mid Sixtys and Started making these Milled Rec. Rifles. Like I said I am no expert on these, just my two cents. I am like everyone else and like these rifles and the history that comes with them.

tolle house

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 28, 2012
    South Indy
    Does anyone know what value it may have and its collectibility. It has to have some as there are not that many floating around. It is a real nice gun and i have no intentions in selling but just like to know what i have. I kinda like SKS:
    picture.php

Gunaria

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 3, 2010
    Warrick Co.
    I wouldn't call these an ultra rare SKS but one of the uncommon varients. I have one that I picked up at a local gun show for $225 not too long ago. It is one of the better Norico SKS that I have ever shot.

Top Bottom