• ...and so much more!
  • Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    I was born & raised in Cook County. My son moved up to Chicago after he graduated from college. I don't know why anyone would be surprised that the Daley machine would be opposed to handguns in the hands of all citizens, just as I don't understand how anyone would be surprised that Chicago Aldermen have no trouble getting permission to carry, even though the State of Illinois prohibits carrying a handgun concealed. My late father-in-law was a long-time Democrat Precinct Committeeman and he understood all the ins-and-outs of the Machine. That's one of the reasons we live here in Indiana.

philo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 24, 2010
    Peoples Republic of Bloomington
    That's what I tell the kids when we go up to see family. I am equally excited to leave, as I am to get there!

Frankly, it's all down hill once you leave Portillo's, Salerno's or Giordano's! :D

The best food in the world does indeed make Chicago worth visiting, but I'll never live there again.

I grew up there and learned to drive there. That makes you qualified to drive anywhere else...now I prefer to be "anywhere else".

WormDirt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 1, 2010
    New York =(
    Thats stupid... I mean even if they own more than one gun they can only really use ONE at a time anyways so why not let them have as many as they want?

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    "the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,"

It is Arms, not Arm, so I can't see a 1 gun limit holding up in court. But then is says people so one could argue that it is talking about arms for a group of people???????? Im not a lawyer so who knows???

AppleBonker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Valpo
    more reasonable

Whoa, I did not claim it was reasonable. Just more reasonable than a limit of just one handgun. There is nothing reasonable about most laws in that city. You all didn't expect the city to actually implement reasonable laws this quickly, did you? Don't get me wrong, it would be fantastic. But it wasn't going to happen.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 19, 2008
    Sin-city Tokyo
    This issue will not go away with a change in administration. Chicago is a Democratic city, and unless some sort of miracle takes place and another party take power, the citizens are destined to go through life fearing for their safety.

d9f493f1d4b4d677dfc767d7a210245c.jpg

I wrote the following on the Chicago Breaking News site, but there is no way they have the guts to approve it for the masses so I've pasted it here:

"Vote the Dick (Daley) out!

Dear City of Chicago,

For the love of all that is good and right in this world, none of which includes Dick Daley and the corrupt Democratic political machine that has a strangle-hold on an otherwise decent city, vote this waste of space and his fellow criminals out of office!!! Do whatever it takes, conduct voter registration drives at the local cemetaries just like he does if you have to, but throw this scumbag out of office!!"

AppleBonker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 28, 2010
    Valpo
    He's probably playing the old trick of offering something absolutely absurd so that something else a little less absurd seems likeable and passes.

Nearly anything would pass. The ban passed when they went to implement it, and it wasn't repealed until they were forced to.

I think the bigger concern is getting whatever they pass to stick. Whatever the law ends up, I'm sure it will be challenged in court. I think they just want to make sure it'll be upheld.

Glock21

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    IL
    I think the bigger issue here is the thought of applying the Mayor's ideas to the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Only one book per household.

Only one religion per household.

$100-per-3-year-per-book license.

90-days in jail for failing to register your book.

Only one voiced opinion per household.

Only one vote per household.

Only one email per month.

Police administered reading test before book license is issued. Or perhaps the idea of voter tests needs to be brought back.

Etc...

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I think the bigger issue here is the thought of applying the Mayor's ideas to the rest of the Bill of Rights.

Only one book per household.

Only one religion per household.

$100-per-3-year-per-book license.

90-days in jail for failing to register your book.

Only one voiced opinion per household.

Only one vote per household.

Only one email per month.

Police administered reading test before book license is issued. Or perhaps the idea of voter tests needs to be brought back.

Etc...

Dang... some of that made some sense to me.. the wife isn't happy though...

Hold on guys, I'll be right back.

SHUT UP AND GET ME A BEER WOMAN!

okay thanks for the idea.

ultraspec

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 5, 2010
    just as I don't understand how anyone would be surprised that Chicago Aldermen have no trouble getting permission to carry, even though the State of Illinois prohibits carrying a handgun concealed.

Actually in the ILCS alderman are allowed to carry as conservators of the peace. Sucks but thats how it is.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    The Chicago machine is full of lawyers who will make a fortune off city legal bills over all of this. The longer the machine keeps playing the 2A restriction game the richer those law firms will get. They kick back some of the fees to keep the work and keep the game going, the only losers are taxpayers.

I wonder how much federal money Chicago takes in and where it really goes? :dunno:

Top Bottom