• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    when i was 13 yrs old, i got off the school bus to several police cars. 2 burglars had broken into the house and were still in it.

this was when ipd carried .357s. the cops told them to come out with their hands up. 1 complied. the other decided to make a run for it. the cop yelled "police! stop!" twice. then shot him in the leg. you couldn't see the entry wound but you sure saw the exit wound.

and he did stop.

ahhh...the good old days

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 9, 2022
    Bloomington
    I wonder what constitutes "running away."

Running 100 feet? Is it two rapid steps away from the police? A leisurely stroll?

If a criminal takes a rapid step away, but is arrested anyway, can he argue in court that the police violated policy, so he should be let go (and awarded $1 million for that violation)?
    Giving me flashbacks to the Rittenhouse trial and Grosskreutz trying to explain how he was running after Rittenhouse, but not chasing him.

xwing

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 11, 2012
    Greene County
    They should move . You are responsible for your own safety. Staying is a sign of indifference to your circumstances.

That's a bit harsh. I was in the Chicago suburbs for quite a long time before I was finally able to maneuver into a position where it was feasible to leave Illinois. Those who continually vote for these criminal-loving citizen-hating politicians might deserve it, but those who constantly get steamrolled by the "tyranny of the majority" (e.g. Dem voters) do not. It is not as simple as "just move".

Doug28450

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 17, 2021
    Hobart
    I used to work downtown. Based on the physical appearance of many of the Chicago cops I saw, it wouldn't be much of a chase. Additionally, this policy eliminates the number of cops going to the hospital as heart attack victims from the chase.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    That's a bit harsh. I was in the Chicago suburbs for quite a long time before I was finally able to maneuver into a position where it was feasible to leave Illinois. Those who continually vote for these criminal-loving citizen-hating politicians might deserve it, but those who constantly get steamrolled by the "tyranny of the majority" (e.g. Dem voters) do not. It is not as simple as "just move".
    Yes it is. You have to be willing to make the life changes that packs your crap up in a box and you drive out of town. Could it cost you a well paying job? Maybe. Does it mean you go to a completely unknown community? Probably. Does it mean you put your family and your safety first? Absolutely. You don’t always get to make a move in life without taking a loss, most are just unwilling to do so.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Eh. How many decades straight, uninterrupted, have Chicagoans voted for these people?

Chicago is a trash city full of garbage people and they deserve everything that happens to them.
    Who's to say the people really vote for them in winning numbers. The DNC had to learn those fraudulent 2020 voting tricks from someone, why not the machine

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Who's to say the people really vote for them in winning numbers. The DNC had to learn those fraudulent 2020 voting tricks from someone, why not the machine
    Y'all I don't understand why the people put in the cemetery by criminals keep voting for criminals. :laugh:

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    Yes it is. You have to be willing to make the life changes that packs your crap up in a box and you drive out of town. Could it cost you a well paying job? Maybe. Does it mean you go to a completely unknown community? Probably. Does it mean you put your family and your safety first? Absolutely. You don’t always get to make a move in life without taking a loss, most are just unwilling to do so.
    it would be more beneficial to EVERYONE if WE would do our part to fix the "justice" system.

we have been running from the problems in the hood for years. now we deal with whole neighborhoods full of criminal activity.

if you think it won't be in your hood soon just wait.

are you going to move everytime thugs move into you neighborhood? how do you justify taking the blame for the criminals? it's the same as the pols trying to infringe on your right to bear arms because the criminals kill people with guns

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    it would be more beneficial to EVERYONE if WE would do our part to fix the "justice" system.

we have been running from the problems in the hood for years. now we deal with whole neighborhoods full of criminal activity.

if you think it won't be in your hood soon just wait.

are you going to move everytime thugs move into you neighborhood? how do you justify taking the blame for the criminals? it's the same as the pols trying to infringe on your right to bear arms because the criminals kill people with guns
    I don’t have this issue in Rural America. Thugs prefer the amenities afforded in urban cultural centers.

grillak

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 22, 2021
    Indianapolis
    I don’t have this issue in Rural America. Thugs prefer the amenities afforded in urban cultural centers.
    not your problem? at least right now.

you'll just wait til the thugs live next door to you?

do you feel the same about them infringing on our rights? not concerned until they knock on YOUR door?

ok then

i am not trying to pick an argument with you. i just want people to realize that what happens to one affects all in one way or another. turning your back on a problem because it doesn't affect you right now means that noone will be there to have your back when they move in next door to you

look at california. many people saw the wave of crime coming and move to the burbs. the crims followed. the folks in the rural areas didn't care because it didn't affect them.

then the pols in the urban areas started restricting gun rights for EVERYONE. now it's an issue for the folks in the rural areas. you have 3-4 metro areas controlling the rights of people who have never commited a crime, meanwhile the crims are running rampant

Last edited:

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    One, rural America doesn’t make our neighborhoods inviting for thugs. Secondly most here know how to behave. Those that don’t, learn.

every issue you show in your post was invited. We don’t invite out here. Our tolerance level and expectations are different and expressed.

every urban cultural center can be handled. Just wall them up and let it settle itself out. They will either learn to live with respect and peace, or not. Respectful, peace loving people are not required to fix the ills of the ”metro”. The metro can take care of their own ills, or not. We will watch from the sidelines While having a BBQ and beer.

Top Bottom