• ...and so much more!
  • Rick Mason

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2019
    Lake County
    Chicago cops barred from chasing people on foot who run away

The Chicago Police Department has unveiled a new policy prohibiting its officers from chasing people on foot simply because they run away, or because they have committed minor offenses.

Who wants to run over next door with me and score some free items just waiting in the store windows? No risk, guaranteed.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    "The Chicago Police Department has unveiled a new policy prohibiting its officers from chasing people on foot simply because they run away"

Chicago PD actually established the case law on the matter of headlong flight at sight of police entering an area.

I wonder how likely Illinois Supreme Court would be to be on the same side as SCOTUS today?

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    Eh. How many decades straight, uninterrupted, have Chicagoans voted for these people?

Chicago is a trash city full of garbage people and they deserve everything that happens to them.

Well, I'm sure there are some there that did NOT vote for this. They were outnumbered.
    Do they deserve it?

thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove
    Chicago cops barred from chasing people on foot who run away

The Chicago Police Department has unveiled a new policy prohibiting its officers from chasing people on foot simply because they run away, or because they have committed minor offenses.

Who wants to run over next door with me and score some free items just waiting in the store windows? No risk, guaranteed.

I wonder what constitutes "running away."

Running 100 feet? Is it two rapid steps away from the police? A leisurely stroll?

If a criminal takes a rapid step away, but is arrested anyway, can he argue in court that the police violated policy, so he should be let go (and awarded $1 million for that violation)?

Top Bottom