• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    a quick shoulder massage at the barbers?...what? I think you are going someplace else than a barber shop if you're getting a massage!

I like my barber and all but I am sorry i don't let another guy give me "a massage"....dude!

Don't read too much into it, its a large vibrating pad thing...

2cool9031

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    NWI
    WOW...$1.25 for a haircut...that's great, as long as your friends don't ask you the question...."Who cut your hair?"...Ray Charles or Stevie Wonder

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 14, 2011
    colorado
    My wife used to cut my hair and my son's hair but his hair is so thick the clippers kept on getting wrecked.

I had to start taking him to the barber and thought well if he's going I'll get mine done as well.

I still remember the look on the barber's face the first time he cut my son's hair. He stopped and looked at his clippers.

I said it's not your clippers it's his hair.

Buy an oster a5 clipper,if it will cut mats and burrs out of a golden retriever it will cut any humans hair.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    I just have the human hair here (mine and my son's) done professionally; I take him when he whines, and I always let mine get overgrown. I did get a clipper for the schnauzer; it was about as much as one cut for her, and she doesn't have to look like a wookiee. Hmm, I wonder...

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Same here, I've spent maybe $30 on haircut supplies in that time and tidy up the haircut every other week; over the last 10 years that adds up to a few guns worth of $$ saved compared to an $8 haircut at once every other month.

Every other month? I struggle waiting two weeks (I'm OCD like that). That got really expensive for a high school kid that works ~15 hours a week min wage.

He doesn't need a full moon. Every barber we have been to has told us he had the thickest hair strands they have every seem. My wife used to get splinters from his hair.

Go take a picture of his mop. I have to see this.:):

Kagnew

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Like the old boy used to say, "the only difference between a good haircut and a bad haircut is about five days."

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    I keep my hair short so I usually need to get it cut about every 4 weeks. It always needs trimmed by the 2nd week afterwards so I just trim it myself to keep it neat looking between cuts.

Rayne

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Former Tree Sniper
    Glad to see so many of you guys cutting your own hair or having your wife cut it. I've got a question though. Does your wife have to bug you to get a hair cut? Sometimes I have to almost threaten the husband to sit down for a hair cut. I know the man is busy, but it's not like he has to make a special trip into town to go to a barber. All he has to do is quit soon enough in the evening for me to cut his hair before 10 o'clock at night. I've been cutting his hair for almost 30 years and it's getting worse the older he gets.

Also do most of you guys trim your own mustach/beard or do you let/have your wife do it?

My children and four nephews have never been to a barber. The oldest of them is almost 28 and the youngest 10. That's over $300 each year if you figure hair cuts at $6 each. I've been through two sets of clippers and one set of small trimmers. I even cut my own hair, and for a lady do you know what that's saying. I'm really really cheap. :D

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Glad to see so many of you guys cutting your own hair or having your wife cut it. I've got a question though. Does your wife have to bug you to get a hair cut? Sometimes I have to almost threaten the husband to sit down for a hair cut. I know the man is busy, but it's not like he has to make a special trip into town to go to a barber. All he has to do is quit soon enough in the evening for me to cut his hair before 10 o'clock at night. I've been cutting his hair for almost 30 years and it's getting worse the older he gets.

Also do most of you guys trim your own mustach/beard or do you let/have your wife do it?

My children and four nephews have never been to a barber. The oldest of them is almost 28 and the youngest 10. That's over $300 each year if you figure hair cuts at $6 each. I've been through two sets of clippers and one set of small trimmers. I even cut my own hair, and for a lady do you know what that's saying. I'm really really cheap. :D

1. While I can cut my hair to perfection, Kara would probably rather me come at her with a knife than a pair of scissors.:):

She's about as low-maintenance as they come, except for her hair...If I messed with her hair, she'd probably kill me in my sleep.

Her best friend is a stylist and cuts/highlights her hair for free, so hair "maintenance" in our house is non-existent.

2. I've never heard of a man letting someone else cut hair off of their face except for a clean, straight-razor shave at a barber shop (certainly not for me though). I just sport a trim goatee, but I can't think of one reason why I would want someone other than myself to cut/buzz it myself and no one is touching my face with a razor.

tmccorkel

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    Chesterton

I cut my own hair and no, I don't just "buzz" it. I use a mirror and either clippers or a razor to do my neck (the razor is a little easier to control).

I wouldn't trust anyone else to shave my face- maybe a barber, but I'd be leery.

Wwwildthing

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 25, 2010
    Arizona
    The most expensive haircut I ever had was $75, which was the first cut I had after moving to Tucson (at a specialty stop). It was also the worst haircut I ever had... from then on, it was Great Clips at $12 a pop. I trim the van dyke myself.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you

My wife has to bug me to cut my son's hair, but that's because he has an odd shaped head and needs his hair cut almost weekly. I can cut all my own hair, but I usually have my wife come do the final inspection. As for my goatee, I do that myself with a beard trimmer.

Top Bottom