Changes to minimum post count before accessing Classifieds!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    +1 FENWAY. :)
    524.gif

Good folks outweigh the bad here. It's the reason I spend too much time on INGO.

There are some I am proud to call friends, some I may disagree with but still respect, some I want to learn from, some I would not want to be near when they handled a loaded firearm and a much smaller number that I wouldn't urinate on if they suffered an sudden spontaneous combustion. ;)
    1637.gif

The point seems to be: this is a forum, first and foremost.

for-um
    n. pl. fo·rums also fo·ra (fôr, fr)
    A medium for open discussion or voicing of ideas, such as a newspaper, a radio or television program, or a website.

The Classifieds are a by-product. I think the idea was the classifieds were a nice add-on for members. ie., those who participate in " open discussion or voicing of ideas." If you really want to sell that firearm quick: come in, introduce yourself and get to "know" some folks. Before you know it, you're at 50 posts by either learning from others or sharing some of what you know.

I know it is hard for the typical lurking personality. Unfortunately for your dilemma, this isn't one of the For Sale websites. PLEASE, break on through and become involved. EVERYONE has something to add. (Except for the handful on my ignore list, but they got there due to Classified behavior anyway - go figure.) :dunno::D

530.gif
    528.gif

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I thought I was a site supporter but can't purchase a firearm from another member cause it says I need a minimum number of posts. What gives?

Starting Monday 6/29 registered members will be required to make 50 quality posts before being able to make posts in the classifieds. A way around this will be to become a Site Supporter.

I don't understand I am a Site Supporter and cannot post.
    What is up with that
    :dunno:

It's a configuration problem. PM Fenway if you run into that issue. We're aware of it.

Alegre

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I just don't see what the controversy is about.

The way I see it, I'm new here, I'm learning lots (for free), if I don't have my 50 quality posts by the time I'm ready to use the classifieds, then I'll just become a site supporter.

Matter of fact I will most likely become a supporter even if I don't need to buy/sell anything. The knowledge that I'm gaining it's worth much more than 10 bucks IMHO.

Alegre.

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Your right! my complaint turned out positive. Im one post closer to selling my half eaten box cereal in the classifieds and all the +1 people can get all that +1 love off their chests by explaining my wrongness. Alittle win for everyone
    Apparently Mrmonte has a problem with people who support the owner and the moderators. Perhaps he does not realize that there are those of us here who are of the strong opinion there is no room for argument. Some of us are just trying to shut up the complaining to save the moderators some trouble. Mrmonte apparently feels so strongly about his position that he went to the extreme of repping me down for being supportive of the management and saying so. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I simply don't understand how people can walk into someone else's house and expect to do anything they want to do whenever and however they want to do it. Is it a generational thing? Is it a respect thing? Is it a victim mentality thing? Is it an entitlement thing? Can someone please explain?

I suppose Mrmonte meant to cause me mental anguish by giving me negative rep. Instead, he made me feel sorry for him and others like him who are going to have a very difficult time in the real world. Somebody send the cluetrain by Mrmonte's house.

Apparently, Mrmonte was asleep over the weekend and didn't see what happened to others who continued to complain and wheedle about stuff.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Apparently, Mrmonte was asleep over the weekend and didn't see what happened to others who continued to complain and wheedle about stuff.

Dissenting opinions are DEFINITELY not a problem here, just so we're clear. It's when the dissent turns into abusive or disruptive behavior that it becomes an issue. In the 18 months we've been here, we've had very few instances (less than 10, I believe) where a private word or two haven't been sufficient. That's less than 2/10th's of a percent.

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Dissenting opinions are DEFINITELY not a problem here, just so we're clear. It's when the dissent turns into abusive or disruptive behavior that it becomes an issue. In the 18 months we've been here, we've had very few instances (less than 10, I believe) where a private word or two haven't been sufficient. That's less than 2/10th's of a percent.

True. It was not the dissent but the online insurgency campaign that caused
    the issue to be taken to that level. And the abusive behavior of a certain
    party that usually appeared in almost every (read most) of that parties posts.

Mrmonte

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    Indy South Side
    Wow, your maturity level gets lower and lower. I sent you a personal message about your behavior and you want to drag it all over the place now. And by the way, it was just you, your the only one being less than friendly in this thread that I have noticed!! Your the only one who felt the need to run the mouth to everyone who disagreed with you. Excuse me for comming into "YOUR HOUSE" and voicing an opinion that you dont agree with. You are right, this is a RESPECT thing and thank you for feeling sorry for me. I will not be posting about this again. We can talk about it like adults by ourselves if you feel the need. Wanna rep me back? go ahead

Apparently Mrmonte has a problem with people who support the owner and the moderators. Perhaps he does not realize that there are those of us here who are of the strong opinion there is no room for argument. Some of us are just trying to shut up the complaining to save the moderators some trouble. Mrmonte apparently feels so strongly about his position that he went to the extreme of repping me down for being supportive of the management and saying so. Has anyone else experienced this behavior? I simply don't understand how people can walk into someone else's house and expect to do anything they want to do whenever and however they want to do it. Is it a generational thing? Is it a respect thing? Is it a victim mentality thing? Is it an entitlement thing? Can someone please explain?

I suppose Mrmonte meant to cause me mental anguish by giving me negative rep. Instead, he made me feel sorry for him and others like him who are going to have a very difficult time in the real world. Somebody send the cluetrain by Mrmonte's house.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Dissenting opinions are DEFINITELY not a problem here, just so we're clear. snip

The post to which you are responding displays an attitude that was inevitable. There has been a deliberate silencing of viewpoints, not just certain people, and it will be a long time before you can claim that dissenting opinion is "definitely not a problem here" with any real degree of credibility. It's a fun and pleasant lightweight site, but NOT one that welcomes free exchange of ideas.

IndyBeerman

Was a real life Beerman.....
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 2, 2008
    Plainfield
    I just don't see what the controversy is about.

That's because there is really no controversy, plain and simple.
    Mike has decided that in the best interest of INGO and it's members, is to raise the post level to either become more involved in our great community here, or pony up.

As stated by more than one in this thread, it would be really easy to hit 50 quality post, only problem is if you're a lurker it's time to become rather involved on a accelerated schedule.

From what I can see, there's not whole lot if complaining except for a few who seem that they really want the classified access.

So here's my thought:

People can keep complaining about the 50 post limit, and it'll get to the point that Fenway will get tired of the crap and the classifieds will go by the wayside.

Personally I don't want that to happen, I know the overwhelming majority don't want that to happen.

So this is the rule that has been laid down, if people only want to be here for the classified, send me a PM, I'll personally send you 50 cents so you can call someone to cry about it.

If not don't let the internet swinging door hit you in the a$$ when you hit the delete key as you leave our great site. Because if you would have stayed around long enough to type your 50 we might have gotten a better chance to know you, and accept you into the wonderful would of INGO, and really see what a great place that this really is, and not a place just to hang a for sale sign on a post.

:ranton:

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    The post to which you are responding displays an attitude that was inevitable. There has been a deliberate silencing of viewpoints, not just certain people, and it will be a long time before you can claim that dissenting opinion is "definitely not a problem here" with any real degree of credibility. It's a fun and pleasant lightweight site, but NOT one that welcomes free exchange of ideas.

Ok, I'm officially sick and tired of hearing this line. It's time for you to put-up or shut-up. I want to hear one example where this is the case OUTSIDE of disagreeing with the rules. Never once, NOT ONE TIME, has a post ever been edited or removed, or a user disciplined for dissenting with any opinion outside of the INGO rules. We have not, would not, and will not censor posts outside of language or personal attacks. This site welcomes free exchange of ideas on any LEGAL topic. If you want to complain about the rules, your post may disappear. If you want to complain about the rules, you are free to leave, and that would probably be best because the rules are NOT flexible. I have been around the 'net a LONG time and INGO is the least moderated, least rule-laden of any message board I have ever been on. Really, our only rule is "don't be an idiot". If you want to post on any legal topic, without using copious profanity, and without insulting other members, please do so on INGO, we love having you here. If you want to come here to whine and complain about the rules, insult other members, and use profanity to excite your point, please seek your entertainment elsewhere.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural

Not trying to pile on here, but this has bugged me for some time.
    It's not the dissension, but the mannerism with which you handle it. I specifically have been insulted by my own thoughts being categorized as "unAmerican" when they differed from yours.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Ok, I'm officially sick and tired of hearing this line. It's time for you to put-up or shut-up. snip.

'Kay. You do it in your post. Every post that HAS been made the last few days indicating ANY form of even mild disagreement with the point of view of a moderator or some of a few group of people has been met with "if you don't like it, perhaps you and INGO should part ways."

That's NOT an attitude indicative of there being no problems with dissenting points of view.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    'Kay. You do it in your post. Every post that HAS been made the last few days indicating ANY form of even mild disagreement with the point of view of a moderator or some of a few group of people has been met with "if you don't like it, perhaps you and INGO should part ways."

That's NOT an attitude indicative of there being no problems with dissenting points of view.

I don't see mods asking people to leave because they don't agree with them. And if that is the case, kettle meet pot. I too am "unAmerican" for not agreeing with you.

Mods don't dive into the politics section and tell anyone that McCain this or that. And if you don't like it you should leave ingo. Or if you don't like glock you should leave ingo. This is crazy. WHAT YOU DO SEE is member X getting personal and mods stepping in. What you do see is member X using curse words due to their lack of vocabulary and mods stepping in. You are asked to leave if you break the rules. They are easy to find they are in every mods sig line.

Case and point.
    JosephR:Banned
    ATFconsumer:Not banned.

Now I'm not a mod but I watched ATFconsumer argue and argue with the mods. But he was polite and actually wanted to figure out what he was doing wrong. JosephR not so much.

As always this is just my humble opnion.:ingo:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I don't see mods asking people to leave because they don't agree with them. And if that is the case, kettle meet pot. I too am "unAmerican" for not agreeing with you.

Mods don't dive into the politics section and tell anyone that McCain this or that. And if you don't like it you should leave ingo. Or if you don't like glock you should leave ingo. This is crazy. WHAT YOU DO SEE is member X getting personal and mods stepping in. What you do see is member X using curse words due to their lack of vocabulary and mods stepping in. You are asked to leave if you break the rules. They are easy to find they are in every mods sig line.

Case and point.
    JosephR:Banned
    ATFconsumer:Not banned.

Now I'm not a mod but I watched ATFconsumer argue and argue with the mods. But he was polite and actually wanted to figure out what he was doing wrong. JosephR not so much.

As always this is just my humble opnion.:ingo:

I'll have to say that turnandshoot4 and I are often of differing opinion. We have been back and forth. Yet, he has never been disrespectful, hopefully he would say the same for me. If not, I would fully expect a pm from him asking WTF, are we not on the same page here? The point being, we may argue, but it's not personal...

...AND IT'S NOT RUDE.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom