• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rushca01

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 8, 2009
    Most of you know the story. Well it's over.

"Dear Friends and Loyal Customers:

As you may be aware, we have been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the ATF for the past two years. While Cavalry Arms has at all times tried its best to run a lawful and honest shop, unfortunately, some regulatory compliance mistakes were made. We have now come to the point where we feel it is in our best interest to close our FFL and to cease all firearms operations. The owner of Cavalry Arms, Shawn Nealon, has elected to leave the firearms business and concentrate on firearms accessories instead. We are currently in negotiations with another company for that company to purchase the CAV-15 product line. Rest assured that any resulting purchase agreement will address the issue of providing service and support with regard to existing CAV-15 firearm products. We will continue to manufacture quality plastic components, grow our Medical products line, and work to bring new innovations to the relevant markets. Over the next several weeks we will be conducting a wind-down of our firearms manufacturing and FFL operations. Accordingly, please do not send us any firearms for repair or replacement. Instead, such issues should be addressed to the ultimate purchaser of our assets. Due to our limited personnel resources, during this transition/operation wind-down period, the final processing and shipping of firearm receivers already in our inventory will be our first priority.

We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding and anticipate that the relevant asset purchaser will begin operations in March of 2010. We sincerely thank you for your prior and ongoing support during these troubled times and look forward to better years ahead.

Thank you,
    Cavalry Arms"

ZM

IIRC I think California is to blame for this, mostly at least.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Cavalry Arms

Cliff Notes: About two years ago ATF raided and confiscated the inventory (read: seizure/forfeiture) along with the personal firearms of the owner (from his home). The apparent reason - the wrong address was on the FFL. Charges were never filed.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    That sucks, looks like they made some mistakes and are now paying the price. I hope no felony charges came with those decisions.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Awwwww to friggin bad!!!!!

I have no love for this company, they kept a good few of us and a great sight advertiser hanging, now we can watch them hang!!!!

Last edited:

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008

I have no love for this company, they kept a good few of us and a great sight advertiser hanging, now we can watch them hang!!!!

They kept us hanging due to the issues with the ATF. I have no particular love for them either, but they're another victim. We have precious few manufacturers left in the US and we can't afford to lose even one.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    They kept us hanging due to the issues with the ATF. I have no particular love for them either, but they're another victim. We have precious few manufacturers left in the US and we can't afford to lose even one.

Your right but instead of being upfront and honest about it, they lied and to me that is the worst offense.

Either they had equipment problems or electrical problems,if they would have just come out and said "Sorry we can not at this time run your order." I would have been upset but I would have gotten over it.

Last edited:

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Your right but instead of being upfront and honest about they lied and to me that is the worst offense.

Either they had equipment problems or electrical problems,if they would have just come out and said "Sorry we can not at time run your order." I would have been upset but I would have gotten over it.

I can't argue with that. Still, the whole situation sucks. It sounds like another manufacturer will take over the line, though, so hopefully we'll still see the product in the marketplace.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009

What do you mean us? You just joined last month. Are you a former banned member???:dunno:

Anyway it does suck to lose another weapons manufacture.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Do you regularly drive from Pulaski county to shop at 21st?
    Thats a pretty long drive.

Yeah it is amazing I have this thing called a truck, you put this explosive liquid in it and then after you use this shiny thing you put in a hole below the turny thing there are these pedal thingys that control how fast or slow it moves. You do have to use that stick thing to pick which way it goes..

Modern Marvels never cease to amaze me, they also have this new thing called a smokeless cartridge. What till you try that.
    :D

Now if your serious instead of just hassling me because of the other thread we disagreed in, I plan on going again in the future if you are local and wanna ride up with me you are welcome too.:)

CountryBoy19

Grandmaster
    Rating - 91.7%
    11   1   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    Bedford, IN
    Now if your serious instead of just hassling me because of the other thread we disagreed in, I plan on going again in the future if you are local and wanna ride up with me you are welcome too.:)
    Not trying to hassle you, but your answer to the question didn't really address the issue. IIRC the issue was with the "INGO" branded lowers. And yes, while you don't need to be a member of INGO to shop at 21st, why would you want an "INGO" lower if you're not a member of INGO. 21st had other Cav Arms lowers in stock. So you not being a member until last month and being upset about Cav dropping the ball on the INGO lowers doesn't make sense. Your answer to that question was, "You don't have to be a member of INGO to shop at 21st". But if you weren't a member of INGO, then any Cav arms lower would likely fit the bill, which 21st didn't have any problems getting. I bought 6 from them last year.

I'm going to 2nd what another member said and say that the pieces are starting to come together that you fit the bill of a previously banned member. But I guess I could be wrong.

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    Wow I have never met so many people so interested in my life,it is nice to know you care too. Thank you for your concern.

You will however notice you can access INGO and read the wealth of knowledge here without being a member. If you are so interested you would notice in my intro post I plainly typed LONG TIME LURKER, FIRST TIME POSTER.

I have been reading INGO since about November or December of 2008.

Like I said thank you..

Ladies and Gentlemen we now return you to your previously Hi-Jacked thread.Please feel free to discuss the issue with Cav Arms.

IndyMonkey

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Wow I have never met so many people so interested in my life,it is nice to know you care too. Thank you for your concern.

You will however notice you can access INGO and read the wealth of knowledge here without being a member. If you are so interested you would notice in my intro post I plainly typed LONG TIME LURKER, FIRST TIME POSTER.

I have been reading INGO since about November or December of 2008.

Like I said thank you..

Ladies and Gentlemen we now return you to your previously Hi-Jacked thread.Please feel free to discuss the issue with Cav Arms.

So one day you decided to register and post 18.2 post a day?:postwhore:
    :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Andre46996

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 3, 2010
    Hammond
    11.99 actually....

Not as high as your I wish I had more things of interest or more valuable input to relevant threads on INGO maybe my post count would be higher.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Most of you know the story. Well it's over.

"Dear Friends and Loyal Customers:

As you may be aware, we have been engaged in an ongoing dispute with the ATF for the past two years. While Cavalry Arms has at all times tried its best to run a lawful and honest shop, unfortunately, some regulatory compliance mistakes were made. We have now come to the point where we feel it is in our best interest to close our FFL and to cease all firearms operations. The owner of Cavalry Arms, Shawn Nealon, has elected to leave the firearms business and concentrate on firearms accessories instead. We are currently in negotiations with another company for that company to purchase the CAV-15 product line. Rest assured that any resulting purchase agreement will address the issue of providing service and support with regard to existing CAV-15 firearm products. We will continue to manufacture quality plastic components, grow our Medical products line, and work to bring new innovations to the relevant markets. Over the next several weeks we will be conducting a wind-down of our firearms manufacturing and FFL operations. Accordingly, please do not send us any firearms for repair or replacement. Instead, such issues should be addressed to the ultimate purchaser of our assets. Due to our limited personnel resources, during this transition/operation wind-down period, the final processing and shipping of firearm receivers already in our inventory will be our first priority.

We deeply appreciate your patience and understanding and anticipate that the relevant asset purchaser will begin operations in March of 2010. We sincerely thank you for your prior and ongoing support during these troubled times and look forward to better years ahead.

Thank you,
    Cavalry Arms"

ZM

IIRC I think California is to blame for this, mostly at least.

Anyone know what medical devices they manufacture?

Top Bottom