Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    And the official ATF press release:

Office: (818) 265-2507
    Cell: (951) 538-4803
    Michael.Hoffman@atf.gov
    Firearms Manufacturer and Its Owner Plead Guilty to Illegally Selling Firearms, Agree to Surrender License

PHOENIX, AZ – Cavalry Arms Corporation and its owner Shawn Michael Nealon, 38, of Mesa Arizona., pleaded guilty to the felony offense of Illegal Sale by a Federally Licensed Firearms Dealer to an Out-of-State Resident, in federal district court in Phoenix. Cavalry Arms Corporation and Nealon have also agreed to surrender their federal licenses to sell firearms.
    Selling to out-of-state residents has been illegal since 1968, we are enforcing federal firearms laws that have been on the books for over 40 years, said John A. Torres, Special Agent in Charge of the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives, Los Angeles Field Division. Selling firearms illegally to out of state residents, is something ATF and our state and local partners will aggressively pursue, and although there are very few dealers that engage in criminal transactions, their impact on individuals and communities can be devastating.
    Nealon maintained a federal firearms license (FFL) in his name as well as one under Cavalry Arms Corporation and both operated in the state of Arizona. The investigation conducted by ATF agents and inspectors spanned from Arizona to California and began in January 2008.
    The investigation uncovered that on March 2, 2007, Nealon used his personal FFL to sell four firearms to an out-of-state resident. Nealon knew that at the time of the sale, the buyer resided in California. Over a 24 month period beginning in September 2005, Cavalry Arms’ FFL was used to sell 36 firearms to that same individual including AR-15 and AK-47 rifles and a variety of shotguns and handguns.
    Mr. Nealon has finally taken responsibility for his crime of illegally selling firearms to someone he knew was an out-of-state resident, said Dennis Burke, U.S. Attorney for the District of Arizona. When firearms are sold illegally, they often end up being used in crimes of violence in the United States and other countries. This criminal activity will not be tolerated in the District of Arizona.
    Nealon is scheduled to be sentenced on April 26,2010. A conviction for Illegal Sale by a Federally Licensed Dealer to an Out-of-State Resident carries a maximum penalty of five years in prison, a $250,000 fine or both.
    Anyone with information about firearms trafficking or the illegal possession of firearms is encouraged to call ATF at 1-800-ATF-GUNS (800-283-4867). Callers can remain anonymous.
    More information about ATF and its programs is available at ATF Online - Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives
    ###

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    And the official ATF press release:

When firearms are sold illegally, they often end up being used in crimes of violence in the United States and other countries. This criminal activity will not be tolerated in the District of

I am not saying that he didn't screw up, but this part of the press release is a hit piece.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    I am not saying that he didn't screw up, but this part of the press release is a hit piece.

It may have been included for the reporters political benefit but the fact is that illegal guns ARE used often for violence & other crimes.

I'm not saying always but someone who can't get a legal gun has a criminal past & they may tend toward a criminal future. Especially if they are willing to break the law to buy an illegal gun in the first place.

finity

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 29, 2008
    Auburn
    So, what's it like working for the government?
    Is it a rewarding career, sir?

:rolleyes: :ugh:

So you disagree with the statement that "illegal guns are often used for violence & other crimes"? really?

often [ˈɒfən ˈɒftən]
    adv 1. frequently or repeatedly; much of the time Archaic equivalents oftentimes ofttimes
    as often as not quite frequently

every so often at intervals

more often than not in more than half the instances

adj Archaic repeated; frequent [variant of oft before vowels and h]

If you disagree that frequently, or IOW often, they are used for illegal purposes then what noble uses are ALL ILLEGAL guns used for? When you answer, remember we're talking about only "illegal" guns, you know the ones obtained illegally, by definition the ones obtained by criminals.

I guess next you'll be calling me anti-gun & a shill for the Brady Campaign. :rolleyes:

Shay

Master
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Mar 17, 2008
    Indy
    I bet that if you raid any firearms manufacturer, confiscate their bound books and spend a year going over every detail or every transaction you'll find enough to file felony charges.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    :rolleyes: :ugh:

So you disagree with the statement that "illegal guns are often used for violence & other crimes"? really?

If you disagree that frequently, or IOW often, they are used for illegal purposes then what noble uses are ALL ILLEGAL guns used for? When you answer, remember we're talking about only "illegal" guns, you know the ones obtained illegally, by definition the ones obtained by criminals.

I guess next you'll be calling me anti-gun & a shill for the Brady Campaign. :rolleyes:

There may or may not be firearms used in crimes, but a piece of metal is not illegal by virtue of existing - there are simply criminals - people outside of the law, malevolent people... things cannot be malevolent... and demonizing language like "illegal guns" only helps our masters in their campaign of conquest and retrieval - whether you support gun rights or not. Glad to hear that you do support gun rights, though...

Top Bottom