• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    All this because she was talking on a cell phone while driving. Someone needs to tell this lady to apply for IMPD. That way she can email on a laptop, while driving at a high rate of speed and drunk. Then she can have her fellow officers botch every aspect of the investigation allowing her to get out of murder charges for mowing down a motorcyclist.

The article is definitely slanted. I won't argue that one bit. You don't trust the media to tell the truth so they can further an agenda. Please tell me why I as a non officer should put any more faith and trust in you than you put in the media. I just sat on a jury trial for an OWI charge. We listened to the officer's testimoney and then we watched the dash cam footage. Of the 7 jurors, we all believe that the officer embellished his side of the story and it didn't match what the video showed. So why should I trust that officer any more than I trust the media?

Whoa, whoa, whoa... How did YOU make it onto a jury?! :laugh:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Whoa, whoa, whoa... How did YOU make it onto a jury?! :laugh:

The chest thumping deputy prosecutor must not have asked me the right questions. He and the deputy got their asses handed to them by a young attorney that had only been on her first or second case by the way.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 13, 2009
    Southern, IN
    Prosecutors are just as arrogant as the cops! Don't have enough evidence? We can just strech the testimony a little. Give some circumstancial what ifs. You know it's the good citizens' duty to convict the heathen law breaker. The govt already told you he was guilty by his requirement for a trial! You just vote to convict and we can handle the rest!!!!

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    The chest thumping deputy prosecutor must not have asked me the right questions. He and the deputy got their asses handed to them by a young attorney that had only been on her first or second case by the way.

+1 to the young defense attorney, the prosecutor probably thought they had it in the bag :rockwoot:Sounds like she made them work.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    +1 to the young defense attorney, the prosecutor probably thought they had it in the bag :rockwoot:Sounds like she made them work.

And my faith in the jury system is refreshed for another decade by this story.

My faith was restored as well. I believe the defendant was a first class douche bag. He was being tried for OWI for prescription zanex. It was proven that the levels in his system were in line with his prescribed amount. There's no legal limit for it like there is alcohol. To hear the deputy and prosecutor tell it, this guy was 1 mile from mowing down children in a park. The pc for the stop was expired plates. They couldn't even use his driving as pc for the stop.

During one of our breaks, I was expecting the other jurors to want to convict the guy and we were pretty much in agreement early on that we had heard nothing at that point that proved guilt.

If I'm ever on trial, I will without a doubt demand a trial by jury. I have no doubt that this guy would have been convicted if he didn't ask for a jury trial.

My absolute default position as a juror is innocent until proven otherwise. It's no secret here what my personal opinion is of Bisard or Zimmerman. Knowing only what I know now, I'd vote to aquit both of them. But there is no reason in hades that Bisard is still employed.

fireblade

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 30, 2011
    Earth
    what if the words that came out of her mouth were "I'm gonna kill you"? that would change things a bit, no? I don't know that she said that but I don't know that she didn't, either. As phylodog said, the media doesn't know the whole story and they are doing their best to make sure we don't either....

yes you are right its a media conspiracy to make all police officers look bad...:tinfoil:

it always amazes me how quick good or bad fellow officers are to defend or call into question unnessesary use of force any rookie can see it.......some officers get tired of the cop bashing here i get tired of the same responses to posts to bad police work , it reflects back to the departments and and to the community in a negitive way .......but hey am sure i will be called a cop basher for my opinion.......:patriot:

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    yes you are right its a media conspiracy to make all police officers look bad...:tinfoil:

it always amazes me how quick good or bad fellow officers are to defend or call into question unnessesary use of force any rookie can see it.......some officers get tired of the cop bashing here i get tired of the same responses to posts to bad police work , it reflects back to the departments and and to the community in a negitive way .......but hey am sure i will be called a cop basher for my opinion.......:patriot:

Well I guess if we're both tired of BS at least we have found common ground.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN

The media does it to gun owners regularly. They've even gone so far as to doctor photos and videos to make it look like things that happened, didn't happen. They take quotes from people, and change the words, so that what was said wasn't what came out in the news (that's happened to people I know personally).

I actually watched an online poll once, on a major network, regarding gun control. Refresh after refresh, the "we don't need more gun control" side was climbing steadily. 52 votes, 121 votes, 63 votes... this went on for about 15 minutes. Then on a refresh, EXACTLY 10,000 votes got added to the "we need more gun laws" side. Exactly 10,000 votes. Then, when our side pulled away again, about a half hour later it happened again. EXACTLY 10,000 votes were added. Then they quoted the poll in their report.

You really think the news media is trustworthy, in any way shape or form?

Last edited:

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    Statistically, will this be a cell phone related injury? Talking on your cell phone while driving really can cause harm.

Police have a difficult job. It takes a really strong person mentally and physically to do it. They seem to not be man enough for the job. When you have power GRANTED to you by the citizens to PROTECT the liberty of all citizens you need to incredibly cautious about using it and the repercussions need to be greater when you abuse it.

We need to remember this when we make so many stupid laws which cause all of us to be criminals at some point. Man caught raping a 9 year old in the bushes, he should eat concrete. Lady talking on a cell phone, not so much.

Your next ya know.

Mowing your lawn on a "know zone action day"? Prepare yourself for a sidewalk face-plant and 6 weeks of community service which will ironically be mowing grass at the park and picking up trash off of the sidewalk.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    And I get tired of people reading what they want to, regardless of what is said. No one here is defending the actions of the officers in the OP. All anyone can ask for is due process and not to be crucified based on a crappy edited video. That's all. Did they probably screw up? Yes. Do you know so surely that you're willing to ruin a man's career, family and life over it? If so, you should probably be looking at yourself and not these officers. Anyone willing to send to the firing squad over this video needs some help.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    All anyone can ask for is due process and not to be crucified based on a crappy edited video. That's all. Did they probably screw up? Yes. Do you know so surely that you're willing to ruin a man's career, family and life over it? If so, you should probably be looking at yourself and not these officers.

What makes you think that most of us would get this sort of protection in the workplace?

Most of the places I've worked, even a suspicion that you'd done something like this and you'd be fired right there on the spot. No "investigation," no holding back the dogs, no hoping they'd see it your way, just fired, don't come back, have a nice day.

Why should public servants be any different? You work for the public. If you've done something that questions the institution, you should be gone and find another line of work.

As the person who you quoted said, things like this reflect poorly on an entire department. It's about time that the good cops stand up against this sort of behavior and say that they will not tolerate this crap among their coworkers. That's the proper response to this.

I really think that more people would have a whole lot more respect for the police if instances of misconduct resulted in condemnation from fellow officers rather than circling the wagons. It may never happen, but I really think policing would be a whole lot more respected if this were more common.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    What makes you think that most of us would get this sort of protection in the workplace?

Most of the places I've worked, even a suspicion that you'd done something like this and you'd be fired right there on the spot. No "investigation," no holding back the dogs, no hoping they'd see it your way, just fired, don't come back, have a nice day.

Why should public servants be any different? You work for the public. If you've done something that questions the institution, you should be gone and find another line of work.

As the person who you quoted said, things like this reflect poorly on an entire department. It's about time that the good cops stand up against this sort of behavior and say that they will not tolerate this crap among their coworkers. That's the proper response to this.

I really think that more people would have a whole lot more respect for the police if instances of misconduct resulted in condemnation from fellow officers rather than circling the wagons. It may never happen, but I really think policing would be a whole lot more respected if this were more common.

Again, for the 4th or 5th time, Yes, you would be fired. YOUR JOB DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO DEAL WITH CRIMINALS AND OFTEN FIGHT THEM ON A DAILY BASIS.

No one is circling the damn wagons. I think all but one person in here have said that they probably screwed up. The point is you can't just fire someone and ruin their lives for a fight that on a video looks bad without looking into it, when part of the job description is FIGHTING CRIMINALS.

IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    This seems to be a good time to treat separate issues separately. Right now, GBuck and phylogdog seem to be taking it in the chin when they personally don't deserve it. I will stand by their position that everyone is entitled to due process. If we allow anyone to be denied this basic right, then we are all subject to the same.

The problem is that the due process needs cleaned up, particularly in terms of the fact that any of the rest of us would be in jail with our pay ending as soon as we stopped showing up at work, and we would be tried, convicted, and likely finished serving our time before the PD gets done investigating an internal problem with the person under investigation either on desk work or paid leave pending the results.

I certainly don't expect our LEOs to start screaming "HANG THE SOBs!" Calling for determining exactly what happened and acting accordingly at that point is the most proper response and precisely what they support doing. This is a long way from hanging extra steel plate on the blue wall. If we start down the path of summary justice, any of us could face a 'trial' on par with Tina Turner screaming to the mob "Bust a deal, face the wheel!"

KillerClips | bust a deal and face the wheel

I really don't think this is the type of 'justice' we want to administer even to those who are far from invoking sympathy. The implications are at least as scary as permitting JBTs to run loose. We need proper review and appropriate action, but we need it done timely rather than the usual pattern of doing it in such a way as to suggest that those investigating are trying to wait out the second coming of Christ.

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    While not being there to personally witness this event, I would say they "over-reacted" and displayed bad-taste in the fist bump. Must realize their salaries come from the tax-payers and what they do in a "public arena" can always be scrutinized. They should be thankful that the woman was not of a "minority" status, as this could have easily erupted into another Rodney King type of scenario.

Last edited:

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    what if the words that came out of her mouth were "I'm gonna kill you"? that would change things a bit, no? I don't know that she said that but I don't know that she didn't, either. As phylodog said, the media doesn't know the whole story and they are doing their best to make sure we don't either....

Not at all.

She would also need ability and opportunity.

Handcuffed and being held and controlled gives her neither.

How about a naked 3 year old walks up to you says "I'm going to kill you". Can you shoot the little snot nosed brat? Of course not.

I can't see anything that would make the second body slam justified.

I'm not seeing the first one being necessary either.

If I had to bet a dozen donuts on it, she accused them of having limp appendages and smelling of bacon.

Their frail egos couldn't take it and thus they had to take out their anger on a small helpless woman.

Why can I be so certain? If body slamming this woman, twice, was necessary, there is no way any man confident of himself and his actions would be fist-bumping another confident man after having just seriously injured and easily dominated a smaller female.

Two larger, grown, trained men who had justifiably injured and physically dominated a small woman wouldn't behave like that.

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Again, for the 4th or 5th time, Yes, you would be fired. YOUR JOB DOES NOT REQUIRE YOU TO DEAL WITH CRIMINALS AND OFTEN FIGHT THEM ON A DAILY BASIS.

No one is circling the damn wagons. I think all but one person in here have said that they probably screwed up. The point is you can't just fire someone and ruin their lives for a fight that on a video looks bad without looking into it, when part of the job description is FIGHTING CRIMINALS.

A person who was talking on a cell phone and driving is not a "criminal." The fact that something like this escalates into a physical confrontation is evidence alone of a lack of professionalism.

And yes, you can just fire someone (unless they have union protection, which many cops do) for doing this to someone. Two male officers caused serious injuries to a woman whose only crime was talking on her cell phone while driving and lipping off to the officers.

You should be ashamed of yourself for not immediately condemning this type of behavior. This is precisely why people hate the police. Behavior like this is not public service; it is a crime. If anyone on the street ever did that to you, they'd be behind bars. Applying a double standard and then trying to excuse it by saying that my job isn't to "fight" criminals is a bunch of crap.

It's about time the decent, professional police officers in this country sack up, say no to the thin blue line, and quit defending ****ty cops. These days, with video cameras everywhere, the public is tired of it. I hope this woman gets a sizable settlement and both of those officers are fired.

Top Bottom