• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    It didn't have to be like that. 465 was a known quantity. They could build the roads however they liked on the properties next to it. I'm not just talking about things like 82nd magically turning into 86th. I'm talking about navigating all the shopping areas nearby. That was poorly planned IMO.
    We did not plan back then like we do now, particularly in growth areas. Simon got their land and built a mall, then everybody wanted to be next door, don’t think much planning went into it. LOL

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    I never went to that one, so I have no frame of reference, but the one on the southside was a great store. Much better than Gander Mountain, Dick's, etc..
    They certainly all were better than those of today. Dicks was just so much better funded to take them out. I have wondered if Galyans would be what it was or like Dicks if they had survived. It may be that we are fondly recalling the uncle that died in his prime, compared to the reality of watching him grow old a feeble…

bgcatty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Sep 9, 2011
    Carmel
    I never went to that one, so I have no frame of reference, but the one on the southside was a great store. Much better than Gander Mountain, Dick's, etc..
    Anything is/was better than Dicks or Gander, especially after Gander was taken over by another non-gun guy. Lately Cabelas and Bass Probare not far behind the aforementioned two stores at the bottom of the totem pole. :naughty::naughty:

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy

Sounds like their solution is to just go around and jack up anyone with a bulge in their waistband. I thought Indiana had case law forbidding police officers from stopping people solely to fish for guns and demand to see permits?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

Sounds like their solution is to just go around and jack up anyone with a bulge in their waistband. I thought Indiana had case law forbidding police officers from stopping people solely to fish for guns and demand to see permits?
    Sounds like security spotted the first guy and police backed him up. Did you read the entire article? The second guy was trespassed and refused to leave, so he was arrested, just as he should have been.

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Sounds like security spotted the first guy and police backed him up. Did you read the entire article? The second guy was trespassed and refused to leave, so he was arrested, just as he should have been.
    Well yeah, because the policy has no force of law. They can only pop you for trespassing or resisting or whatever if you act stupid and don't leave.

The point being, CSM is on the warpath against carry and this is the treatment you can expect there now.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Well yeah, because the policy has no force of law. They can only pop you for trespassing or resisting or whatever if you act stupid and don't leave.

The point being, CSM is on the warpath against carry and this is the treatment you can expect there now.
    Let's see... if you had two shootings in your house in 2 months, don't you think you might take some extra precautions to ensure that it didn't happen again? Seriously. It's starting to go beyond your thinking ACAB and morphing into a pro-thug point of view.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    We moved here in Summer '68 I remember it as a cornfield. Looks like 465 was completed by '72. The first store to open was Sears in August '72.

Anyone remember those little torches in road construction that looked like little black bombs? When I was a kid that's what I thought they were.
    1677104986247.png

1966 Allisonville & RR1 (or road 100, now 82nd st)
    1677104313279.png

1677104196079.png

Ark

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Feb 18, 2017
    Indy
    Let's see... if you had two shootings in your house in 2 months, don't you think you might take some extra precautions to ensure that it didn't happen again? Seriously. It's starting to go beyond your thinking ACAB and morphing into a pro-thug point of view.
    I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just providing intel to the community. CSM and IMPD are going after carriers at the mall and are extremely proud of it. If you go there and slip up, it'll be you on the news.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    I don't know what you're talking about. I'm just providing intel to the community. CSM and IMPD are going after carriers at the mall and are extremely proud of it. If you go there and slip up, it'll be you on the news.
    You're doing more than providing intel. You provided some editorial comment whether you think so or not.

"Sounds like their solution is to just go around and jack up anyone with a bulge in their waistband."

"The point being, CSM is on the warpath against carry and this is the treatment you can expect there now."

Everyone knows that Simon's signs don't carry the force of law. Everyone knows all they can do is trespass you (which they did), in which case you can be arrested (and the two in the article were). So, what did the cops do wrong?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    IIRC, one of the yoots was trespassed, then came back in. Guess he didn't realized what "trespassed" actually means.

The other yoot... can't remember the details. Both had (actual) Glocks with stendo mags. Both were .40 S&W... thought that caliber was dead!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    IIRC, one of the yoots was trespassed, then came back in. Guess he didn't realized what "trespassed" actually means.

The other yoot... can't remember the details. Both had (actual) Glocks with stendo mags. Both were .40 S&W... thought that caliber was dead!

Not for yoots in da know.

Which, coincidentally, is the name of my boy band. S'up.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans

I hope not! It’s alive n kicking here. Will be for a long time.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    We moved here in Summer '68 I remember it as a cornfield. Looks like 465 was completed by '72. The first store to open was Sears in August '72.

Anyone remember those little torches in road construction that looked like little black bombs? When I was a kid that's what I thought they were.
    View attachment 257586

1966 Allisonville & RR1 (or road 100, now 82nd st)
    View attachment 257585

View attachment 257584
    I don’t, but my grandfather was a milk inspector and he asked me more than once (you knew a story was coming) if I remembered when where the sears is now that it was a dairy farm?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    1677104986247.png
    Oh yeah, I absolutely remember those! I think that some orchards used them to protect trees from getting frost damage too. I think they were called "smudge pots".

Top Bottom