• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    I have been thinking about carrying a compact size pistol vs. my smaller sub compact. the Compact 2.0 is like the size of a G19. Anyone else have the dilemma and what is the best position and type of holster to carry with concealed? Typically wear a polo or button up untucked when I carry.

Probably would also need to find a inexpensive gun belt to hold the extra weight.

Thanks

Topshot

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 16, 2015
    Terre Haute
    Daltech Force currently has 20% off code for their SuperBio belts. I just picked up one for my son and a dress version for me.

I'm sort of in the same dilemma, but am leaning toward the larger gun with AIWB.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I have been thinking about carrying a compact size pistol vs. my smaller sub compact. the Compact 2.0 is like the size of a G19. Anyone else have the dilemma and what is the best position and type of holster to carry with concealed? Typically wear a polo or button up untucked when I carry.

Probably would also need to find a inexpensive gun belt to hold the extra weight.

Thanks

No dilemma for me. Strong side at 3-4 o’clock. That is were I carry a full size, compact, subcompact gun. Definately buy a good belt designed to support a gun.

Trebor657

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 1, 2017
    Fort wayne
    Ditto on the Daltech SuperBio Belt....I just got my first one a week or so ago....Can't tell you how much better it supports my weapon....Will never go without one again. I carry everything from a subcompact XD to a Beretta 92....I too carry strong side at 3 to 5 o'clock depending on the weapon....been doing it so long now its pretty much second nature..

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    Don't skimp on a belt. Don't skimp on a holster.

I personally don't find the BioBelts to be stiff enough - though I've only handled one in a store. (hold the belt in a loop, buckled where you'd likely wear it, and then hold it out horizontally. A GOOD stiff gun belt shouldn't droop much at all. To me, the BioBelt droops too much)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Don't skimp on a belt. Don't skimp on a holster.

I personally don't find the BioBelts to be stiff enough - though I've only handled one in a store. (hold the belt in a loop, buckled where you'd likely wear it, and then hold it out horizontally. A GOOD stiff gun belt shouldn't droop much at all. To me, the BioBelt droops too much)

Funny. I just noticed that recently. Normally of course I AIWB and for that I don't care for a particularly stiff belt, for OWB though stiffer is good.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I like the others here, use a Daltech BioBelt. The holster I use (have them for several models of gun) is the Galco King Tuk IWB hybrid at about the 5 - 5:30 position. I have several of this same holster made for each specific model of gun and carry in the same position whether it is my Glock 43, one of my Glock 19's or my M&P compact 2.0 (that has recently taken over carry duties). This way I have no real change in the draw, positioning, etc. I have had my BioBelt for a few years now and it looks and retains as good as the day I got it. That said, I may need to order a bigger one these days...

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    JM custom kydex, wing claw 2.5 AIWB. It's really unbelievable how the 2.0 compact carries in this holster.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Top Bottom