• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ScouT6a

Master
    Rating - 92.9%
    13   1   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Been working (and carrying) in Tennessee for the past several weeks. No issues what so ever. I use the smart phone app called CCW. Really nice straight forward app with lots of good information. You can pull up individual states and get a quick overview of their laws or link to their detailed laws. Never had any issues in Kentucky either. My main question with other states is always concealed carry or open carry. The CCW app answers that quickly.

Outlaw

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 1, 2011
    Cornfield east of Indy
    I also use the ccw app and have found it to be very useful. They even provide links to the local .gov websites.

Beware in Tennessee a no carry sign does hold weight and there is no carry in public parks.

dudley0

Nobody Important
    Rating - 100%
    99   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    Grant County
    Which CCW app do you guys use? I am running an Android system so that might be the problem, but when I search CCW App I get two to pop up. One is in German or some such and the other had terrible reviews. Upon deeper searching I found some others but figured I would see what actually worked before I get into it.

Indy317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 27, 2008
    I understand that the IN pink card is good there,
    what restrictions do I need to be concerned with in the Gatlinburg area?

Federal buildings are off-limits. Most of the visitor's center in the park are marked, however signs are small, and might not be noticeable. I don't think it really matters though. Also, some buildings on federal lands might be used by third party contract companies, but they could still retain the no guns policy. Also, I think any federal structure is off-limits, even backcountry shelters, outhouses, or older properties converted to tourist attractions. This isn't just parks either, but also national forest properties. Also note that some more popular park/national monument/national forest property buildings might not be located in the park, but the rule still might apply. I know there are park information visitor centers in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge but I'm not sure if they are owned by the park service or the park association (a private not-for-profit entity). If TN state law says signs have force be aware that Ober Gatlinburg is posted.

Have fun in the area, will be heading there later this year for a hiking focused trip. One of my favorite places to visit.

Bob45

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Metamora
    We go to Gatlinburg several times a year. Very few restrictions. You can carry in bars but not allowed to drink while carrying. You are allowed to carry in the national park as long as you have a permit for that state. Part of the national park is in North Carolina. If you go to Cherokee, Im not sure about carry there since its an Indian Reservation I think.

David D

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2013
    New Albany area
    The wife and I took a motorcycle trip to Gatlinburg last summer. When we checked into our motel I was quite taken by surprise that the desk clerk brought up that the people of that area are very gun friendly. I wondered how he could tell I was carrying. When I asked why he felt compelled to mention being gun friendly, he stated that it was because of the N R A shirts we were wearing . I had forgotten what we were wearing.

While walking through the crowds, we had many people say that they liked our Stand And Fight shirts.

Bennettjh

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 8, 2012
    Columbus
    I've traveled to TN a couple times with guns (never Gatlinburg though). I remember the no gun signs carry the weight of law.

Top Bottom