• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    The AWB etc. are bluster, I don't know that they even get a vote on the floor. I honestly don't know what happens with the other ones, the language is kind of a mess at present and the session is running short.

Skimming thru more of an update - and Guy just put out the alert on FB for the Forestal, Hamilton DeLaney ones (6-15) ... Summary in a few minutes.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    DOH - I had this in the ohter thread (on 1022 / 1424) ... DERP ...

They recessed / adjourned with a comment about "Longer Items" - I'm not sure if they'll be back tonight or not at this point.
    something about mayors and rubbing "elbows" ...

Skimmed amendments - Lehman and Lucas one's look good (both R's)
    Forrestal, Delaney, Hamilton - are horrid and don't even belong on this continent.

OK I think 1 was replaced by either 4 or 5 - and 3 replaces 2 (both are similar) ...
    the remaining 1 (either 4 or 5) is Lucas's version of 3. ...

Everything above that is garbage - FARGO - if you can look the first few - ... 3 and (4 / 5) cleans up the mess about property references ... Lucas other one(s) takes a big chuck of authority away from the GOV. ...
    Amendment #4 the language Rep Lucas was looking for (specifies criminal trespass as A-misdemeanor). He wrote it. Goes off the rails after that:

#5: looks like a copy/paste job, I can't make sense of it.
    #6: recommends it be a summer study
    #7: Redundant on prohibited possessors and 4473s.
    #8: FBI terrorist watch list (which no one knows how you get on it and there is no due process) is now prohibited possessor (Forestal, anybody here vote for the guy?)
    #9: bans bumpstocks and Jerry Miculek
    #10: requires church to adopt a policy which makes liability insurance impossible to obtain (DeLaney, what a schmuck)
    #11:More BS from Delaney, adds "must publicize" to #10

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Skimming thru more of an update - and Guy just put out the alert on FB for the Forestal, Hamilton DeLaney ones (6-15) ... Summary in a few minutes.
    I need to look at #5 again. 6-15 are crap, crap, and more crap.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Amendment #4 the language Rep Lucas was looking for (specifies criminal trespass as A-misdemeanor). He wrote it. Goes off the rails after that:

#5: looks like a copy/paste job, I can't make sense of it.
    #6: recommends it be a summer study
    #7: Redundant on prohibited possessors and 4473s. NOTE THIS COULD END "BRADY EXEMPT" LTCH in 1424.
    #8: FBI terrorist watch list (which no one knows how you get on it and there is no due process) is now prohibited possessor (Forestal, anybody here vote for the guy?)
    #9: bans bumpstocks and Jerry Miculek
    #10: requires church to adopt a policy which makes liability insurance impossible to obtain (DeLaney, what a schmuck)
    #11:More BS from Delaney, adds "must publicize" to #10

I need to look at #5 again. 6-15 are crap, crap, and more crap.

1 - Jim Lucas - trying to eliminate GFZ as much as possible - May have been replaced by 5.
    2 - Lehman - looks to me like it cleans up much of the language - My review said OK - BUT Guy (in FB Message) said Not good.
    (and I saw a 2 line scratch myself).
    3 - Lehman - similar to 2 above - probably replaces it - add clause that school leasing property can prohibit in the lease.
    4 - Lucas - cleans up / restores more like original SB 33 - GUY may have had a hand - Likes this one
    - If "crossing the line" only a tresspass ... so that may be best option ...
    5 - Lucas - looks like 1 eliminates GFZ's - probably replaces 1 with some technicallity.

6 thru 11 what KIA said plus the NOTE in bold re "Brady Exempt"

12 - 1 criteria AWB definition
    13 - 6 round Mag Limit
    14 - Bans OC
    15 - Full AWB garbage.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    1 - Jim Lucas - trying to eliminate GFZ as much as possible - May have been replaced by 5.
    2 - Lehman - looks to me like it cleans up much of the language - My review said OK - BUT Guy (in FB Message) said Not good.
    (and I saw a 2 line scratch myself).
    3 - Lehman - similar to 2 above - probably replaces it - add clause that school leasing property can prohibit in the lease.
    4 - Lucas - cleans up / restores more like original SB 33 - GUY may have had a hand - Likes this one
    - If "crossing the line" only a tresspass ... so that may be best option ...
    5 - Lucas - looks like 1 eliminates GFZ's - probably replaces 1 with some technicallity.

6 thru 11 what KIA said plus the NOTE in bold re "Brady Exempt"

12 - 1 criteria AWB definition
    13 - 6 round Mag Limit
    14 - Bans OC
    15 - Full AWB garbage.

Thanks for the analysis Bill, this crap never ends! It's like, wack-a-mole only with Constitutional Rights being lost instead of moles.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Thanks for the analysis Bill, this crap never ends! It's like, wack-a-mole only with Constitutional Rights being lost instead of moles.

It would be more fun if it was whack a mole with real unconstitutional legislators ...
    HEY I SAID IF ... they live in a fantasy world - why can't I ... (and I'm kidding and I don't do purple)

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    So, wait, are they trying to backdoor an AWB for the state, or just carrying a standard magazine fed weapon on church/school property? It's late, and my legalese is sloppy.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    So, wait, are they trying to backdoor an AWB for the state, or just carrying a standard magazine fed weapon on church/school property? It's late, and my legalese is sloppy.

One word. Torpedo.

those ****ing *******s are retaliating for brownie points anyway they can from their supporters.

They are so damned blinded by ideology that they are willing to put churches at risk just to score some points and maybe, just maybe get what they want. Either way its a win-win. Either they get their unrelated bull****, or they cause us to be vulnerable. I'm mad as hell and I technically dont have a dog in this fight since we dont have a school on our church campus.(one reason we chose it) But I am annoyed that not all of us can freely protect our flocks thanks to idiots like Forestal and Delaney.

I let Forestal have it on FB. Really? No fly/terror watch list? Forestal and Delaney are idiots living in a liberal fantasy world. Plain and simple. How anyone can proudly tout the infringement of constitutional rights is beyond me.

hoosier21

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    South Bend
    Post from Elkhart Sheriff Brad Rogers.

ANTI-RIGHTS amendments have been proposed for adoption to change SB 33 (Houses of Worship and Firearms)

Well my attempt to share the 2nd hearing of SB 33 did not pan out as the session was adjourned earlier than I expected. The session will resume Tuesday at 1:30 PM and;
    There are 9 VERY negative amendments that we need to make sure do NOT get added to this legislation; as well as needing at least 1 positive amendment to clean up a technicality within the language.

PLEASE call your representatives at the state house, ASAP; and urge them to vote OPPOSE Amendments 7 through 15. While we hope we do not see these passed to amend the bill and it is not expected; we also cannot let up our diligence in our argument for our rights. Please CALL in the morning and get a message to your representatives!

Here is the status / breakdown of the amendments:
    Amendments 1 and 5 are both offered by Rep. Lucas; and both seek to end many state authorized “Gun Free Zones”. Due to the short time, we have not found the minor difference between these. Similarly Amendments 2 and 3 offered by Rep Lehman, both clean up much of the language issues from the confusing version that cleared the public policy committee; HOWEVER both of these leave the potential “FELONY” if you cross the imaginary, invisible line. Amendment 4, while not cover all of the alternate uses of “church property”, clearly make crossing that invisible barrier a misdemeanor (and I believe this only applies to legal and otherwise proper possession on the specified property).

Amendments we could SUPPORT: (note: House of Worship = H.o.W. below)
    ( I say could because until tomorrow, I am not sure which are simply filed and which will be offered)
    Amend 1: - Ends many state level GFZ’s
    Amend 2: - Cleans up Language of SB 33; (but leaves possible Felony)
    Amend 3: - Similar to Amend 2 adds technicality for Leases of School Property. (same on felony issue)
    Amend 4: - Restores limits of coverage to SB 33 as passed by Senate BUT
    - - - CLEARLY defines misdemeanor trespass if H.o.W. prohibits / in an uncertain area.
    Amend 5: - Similar to Amend 1

Amendment with NO OPINION:
    Amend 6: - Study Commission on ways to make Schools Safer. While I believe this is “name game” for potentially attempting to push more gun control; it could also be helpful in providing armed teachers, armed security other measures; including, providing a path to end the School GFZ (for those with an LTCH) that makes schools so attractive to this kind of evil.

Amendments we OPPOSE.
    There is no uncertainty that these are meant to take your rights; and potentially your property.
    Amend 7: Defines “Dangerous Person” – and Doubles down on NICS check requirements (?)
    - - - - Possibly removes “Brady Exempt” option currently under consideration in HB 1424.
    Amend 8: - Eliminates Citizen’s Right to Due Process by adding prohibition to “no fly list”
    Amend 9: - Creates legal category and bans “bump stocks”; “multi-burst triggers” and similar.
    Amend 10: - Requires H.o.W. to have A SPECIFIC POLICY TO ALLOW carrying –
    Amend 11: - Requires H.o.W. to PUBLISH policy (see Amend 10).
    Amend 12: - Adds single “item” description and creates class of “assault weapon”.
    Amend 13: - Adds 6 round capacity magazine limit
    Amend 14: - Bans O/C of firearms
    Amend 15: - Full AWB using definition in 12-14.

HERE is the link to FIND YOUR REPRESENTATIVE:
    http://iga.in.gov/legislative/find-legislators/
    Phone Numbers:
    Republicans (seem to be): 800-382-9842
    Democrats (seem to be): 800-382-9841

Here is a link to the Calendar,
    http://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/calendars/house/26/

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I'm going to have to stop following this closely. amendments 7 and up makes my blood pressure rise just reading them. I'd be yelling at my screen if I watched these traitors try to push these amendments in real time.

Here is hoping the rest of the members soundly reject them.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Up to 18 now.
    16: mandates active shooter exercises and touchy feels stuff
    17: back to ask permission from church/can't get liability coverage
    18: from Rep Smaltz: it looks like HB1424 without the fee structure

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    18 - established and out of state license and fee for it is $250 ... (oh boy) ... but free to residents and lifetime only. (no 4yr no brady exempt). ugh.

"brad" ...errr "Ben"... sigh.

Burnsy

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NW Indiana
    18 - established and out of state license and fee for it is $250 ... (oh boy) ... but free to residents and lifetime only. (no 4yr no brady exempt). ugh.

"brad" ...errr "Ben"... sigh.

BrotherBill3 I had to get on a conference call. Is amendment 18 all they are going to talk about today? It sounds like they are on the third reading bills now, do they double back to second? I don't really know how this works. Thank you.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    BrotherBill3 I had to get on a conference call. Is amendment 18 all they are going to talk about today? It sounds like they are on the third reading bills now, do they double back to second? I don't really know how this works. Thank you.

well I just lost the feed - they have some sort of order -
    they did some easy committee stuff - then resolutions (so the guests could leave).
    then went to 3rd readings which is the "FINAL" vote to return to the Senate. -

there are alot of these - they were going generally in numerical order.

second readings today 7 total
    1 with no amendments.
    5 with 1 or 2 amendments.
    and SB 33 with 18 (for now) ...

My guess is that will be last.
    but perhaps not.

ETA - Feed is back and we now have state bug.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    well I just lost the feed - they have some sort of order -
    they did some easy committee stuff - then resolutions (so the guests could leave).
    then went to 3rd readings which is the "FINAL" vote to return to the Senate. -

there are alot of these - they were going generally in numerical order.

second readings today 7 total
    1 with no amendments.
    5 with 1 or 2 amendments.
    and SB 33 with 18 (for now) ...

My guess is that will be last.
    but perhaps not.

ETA - Feed is back and we now have state bug.
    Thank GOD they got THAT taken care of. I dont know how we ever got along without that.
    :):

Top Bottom