• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My audio dropped out after I heard the word passed and was cutting in and out so I didnt hear the word in context. Now they are on another bill. Did they just keep this thing moving down the road?

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    yeah - but it sounds like both Jim Lucas - and our own Fargo - as well as some of the rest of the committee have concerns that need amending. - that said there are several opportunities for that yet.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Some good concerns raised but I'm happy to see it passed. I'll drop Rep Lucas and Smaltz a note later today.

Didn't plan on being there all morning but with a vote of 10-0 who can complain. Just wish I had gotten a full night sleep and written out what I wanted to say.

Were you able to see us testify? Might need to pull the link to let the wife and kids see.

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Some good concerns raised but I'm happy to see it passed. I'll drop Rep Lucas and Smaltz a note later today.

Didn't plan on being there all morning but with a vote of 10-0 who can complain. Just wish I had gotten a full night sleep and written out what I wanted to say.

Were you able to see us testify? Might need to pull the link to let the wife and kids see.

I missed that but I will go back later when the video link is up - (Probably later today) - THANKS FOR TESTIFYING - and GOOD TO MEET YOU!

Was there another amendment made later in the meeting? I was confused about that after Fargo Testified. I was only able to get back on line towards the end of his testimony.

Someone (anyone) post up the video link when you see it or other details as published. (amended bill, vote sheets etc). ...

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    Did I hear they were adding churches that lease space from schools?

yes - that was the big hubbubbabaloo - but I'm not sure includes PUBLIC schools. the amendment is on the IGA site;

They are supposed to work to get fixed for re-amending at 2nd reading - was the "take away" I got ...
    right now it is a cobweb that is more web than most gun laws.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The video isn't loaded yet but I'll keep an eye out and copy/paste the link unless somebody Ninjas me on it. Commentary to follow.

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    Trump is having a press conference right now and said quite a few things that are very similar to what was said in this committee today.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    OK, here it is. Sitting through SB 340 (Abortion Regulations) was unpleasant to say the least. I couldn't count all the amendments and I swear Beverly Austin (D) actually said not having an abortion led to human trafficking. I was inside with Fargo and Firecadet613, BB3 was outside with Guy and Senator Sandlin. I think the three of us inside would've preferred to be outside the room for some good discussion with that group.

Nearly an hour and a half later on to SB 33. Rep Speedy and the old dude tried to explain some of the stuff as far as private property vice public property. Rep Lucas expressed concern (and rightfully so) how close a law-abiding carrier of a firearm can be to a Level 6 Felony because of an invisible line.

Pro-2A brought the A-game today! Very good testimony beginning with a church deacon who chaired the church's security committee. Also a school and the host for meetings such as the Red Cross. Expressed concerns over otherwise lawful carriers of firearms being felons with current law.

Vanessa Summers (D with an NRA F) literally said that since the Deacons in her church carried whether it was a school or not, this was a non-issue. Yes an alleged lawmaker just stated on the record that committing a felony is OK.

Hopefully they fix the video, they got the last 20 minutes up, no testimony. Remember to use Internet Explorer not Firefox.

I started with "church is church", most non-public schools are religiously affiliated. Then went to terrorist threats and the reality of the world we live in today.

Firecadet613 brought it! Unless you were using your phone as a crib sheet you were shooting from the hip!

Fargo batted clean-up and brought the "Your laws suck" perspective. Kicked it!!

Hopefully the get the video straightened out. Link is below, if its only 20 minutes it's the voting on SB 33 and the gaming Bill testimony.

https://iga.in.gov/information/archives/2018/video/committee_public_policy_1600/

Last edited:

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.

The star has what I guess is a slam too, (SHOCK :n00b::scratch::crying::eek::scared:) ... didn't get to read anything yet. ...
    IGA website still missing amended bills / votes and video ... for this and 1424 hearing ... ugh. ...

OK edit that - under the house committee - here is the vote sheet / report an the amendment

VS/Report: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/33#document-1a1c925f

Amendment (draft version): https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-6d298b88

brotherbill3

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2010
    Hamilton Co.
    OK, ... ...

Nearly an hour and a half later on to SB 33. Rep Speedy and the old dude tried to explain some of the stuff as far as private property vice public property. Rep Lucas expressed concern (and rightfully so) how close a law-abiding carrier of a firearm can be to a Level 6 Felony because of an invisible line.

The OLD DUDE = Senator Sandlin - who was very sincere in what he is trying to accomplish. ...

The saying "the devil is in the details" seems to apply --> "grand idea" =/= "simple wording & approval" ...

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The OLD DUDE = Senator Sandlin - who was very sincere in what he is trying to accomplish. ...

The saying "the devil is in the details" seems to apply --> "grand idea" =/= "simple wording & approval" ...
    But you knew who I meant LOL! I couldn't hear well in that room, I'll play the old dude card here.
    still no video
    Agree with devil in the details here. Must get this right.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    The star has what I guess is a slam too, (SHOCK :n00b::scratch::crying::eek::scared:) ... didn't get to read anything yet. ...
    IGA website still missing amended bills / votes and video ... for this and 1424 hearing ... ugh. ...

OK edit that - under the house committee - here is the vote sheet / report an the amendment

VS/Report: https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018/bills/senate/33#document-1a1c925f

Amendment (draft version): https://iga.in.gov/legislative/2018...mmittee_public_policy_1600/#document-6d298b88
    i tripped over one of the children that wrote the star hit piece. Pretty much same as NWI TImes

Top Bottom