• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zippy23

Master
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    May 20, 2012
    Noblesville
    So who wants to bet that Gander Mountain will slash their prices in an effort to compete?!??! Could this really hurt gander mountain? They just spent a ton on that wall to wall gun case. Its no where near as busy as it used to be. Lets all hope they lower their price of .223 from $12 a box. ridiculous. a small store on the east side of indy has it for $7.49. amazing

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    I've always found Cabela's gun pricing to be much more competitive than GM. I expect that we'll see some decent deals for awhile.

Just had a bad experience at GM (their footwear return policy sucks, and the manager couldn't care less about keeping a customer happy), so I won't miss them when they're gone.

What's the over/under on when Gander (Castleton) closes? I say it'll happen within one year from today.
    I wondered that myself, i really wonder how the Greenfield store is doing. I live close and go there sometime's just to walk around and after the intial opening rush, i sware there's never been more than 5 to 8 people in there, all times of the day.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I plan on going the 19th. Got a postcard in the mail today with an invite to a exclusive preview the day before the grand opening. The fiance and I will stop by after she gets off work.

Lucky you. I just got a 10% coupon in the mail good for in store purchases only. It expires 8/15. :facepalm: :facepalm:

MRockwell

Just Me
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Noblesfield
    I think I got that 10% coupon also. It will be nice having a Cabelas closer than Hammond.

Funny thing is, I am heading out to SoDak on the 30th and, as usual, will stop at the Mitchell, SD and Rapid City, SD stores while I am out there.

I used to look forward to a stop at Cabelas, the Mitchell store had a great Bargain Cave. A few years ago they remodeled and cut the size in half, now most of their Bargain Cave stuff is online. When they opened the store in Rapid City, they didn't even have a Bargain Cave. I guess plenty of people complained, because the next year I was out there, they had turned a closet into the Bargain Cave.LOL

I hope the customer service at the new HamTownCenter store is as good as the Mitchell store. Mitchell has a special Pheasant Opener hat made every year for pheasant season. Last year I talked to Tammy at the service desk, she took my contact info, and when the hats were received in stock she gave me a call and took my order and shipped them right out. That is awesome in my book.

BoilerMakerME

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    The only deal seems to be if you are one of the first 500 people you get a gift card from as low as, i don't know, up to $500.
    Thought about it, but then i started reading old newspaper headlines from across the country and one had as many as 100 people camped out the night before. I've seen anywhere in estimates between 2,000 and 6,000 people there on opening day. Not sure if i want to get in that mess.

LoriW

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Fishers
    I should be there for their GO weekend on the 22nd and 23rd at either TWAW or FNRA tables...or both. I look forward to a long term relationship with Cabela's.....

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Checked it out last weekend and boy, that place is pretty small for that area. Hope it can handle the crowds. It will be nice to go there when visiting my son who lives just minutes from there. Otherwise I will still go to the Hammond store which is MUCH larger and only a 1.5 hr drive instead of the 2 hrs to the Noblesville store from here.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Checked it out last weekend and boy, that place is pretty small for that area. Hope it can handle the crowds. It will be nice to go there when visiting my son who lives just minutes from there. Otherwise I will still go to the Hammond store which is MUCH larger and only a 1.5 hr drive instead of the 2 hrs to the Noblesville store from here.

I hit the Hammond store occasionally, too. might be a bit of a push for me (coming from Warsaw) as to which is closer. But at least its another relatively close option!

tk71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 3, 2013
    ECI
    I got an invitation to go to store on the 19th if I fill out credit app and give it to them at door. I think I will go on the 20th do not really want a credit card and someone else having my personal info.

DWS

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    Sheridan
    I plan on going the 19th. Got a postcard in the mail today with an invite to a exclusive preview the day before the grand opening. The fiance and I will stop by after she gets off work.

I'll be there on the 17th baby! Got an invite to the exclusive preview opening BEFORE the exclusive preview day before grand opening. I'll let you know how it goes...

Last edited:
    Top Bottom