• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • oldguyguns

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2013
    Cicero
    A friend asked me last week when the new Cabela's at Hamilton Town Center was going to open. I emailed them and they said this fall. For those of you who don't know where it is----it's off I-69 just north of Castleton.-- Should be great to have them around as I think--they are far superior to Gander Mountain and Dicks for outdoors people.

jwh20

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Feb 22, 2013
    Hamilton County Indi
    A friend asked me last week when the new Cabela's at Hamilton Town Center was going to open. I emailed them and they said this fall. For those of you who don't know where it is----it's off I-69 just north of Castleton.-- Should be great to have them around as I think--they are far superior to Gander Mountain and Dicks for outdoors people.

It's not quite "just north" of Castleton but it is off I-69 at Exit 210 (formerly Exit 10). You can see the building walls now easily from the SB side of I-69.

level0

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 13, 2013
    Indianapolis
    The ship to store option (same for Gander) is a great way to defeat shipping costs on ammo (assumes you are reasonably close to the store).

cook4army

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 30, 2013
    Greenfield, IN
    I can't wait either. I love the idea of free shipping to the store. Spending $5 on gas to drive there is better than shipping and hazmat charges.

STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    I understand the draw for avid hunters, anglers, and sportsmen/women alike, but where will they fit in with the recreational firearms crowd?
    Will their guns and or ammo be competative with the aformentioned sporting goods stores?
    Will they be able to compete on ammunition with Wal Mart's or on line retailers do you think?
    How will this affect the local shops and gun stores?

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    I am surprised the EPA allowed them to build there. I used to own land just behind where they are building the store, and my wife and I used to shoot trap off our back porch virtually every day for many years when the weather was reasonable. That and some long range targets I had set up should classify that site as a toxic hazard. :D

Glad they waited until we moved since having a Cabela's in my back yard would have caused an almost uncontrolled drain on my bank account. As is we moved to a location that on a nice day I can still ride my bike there. Going to be interesting to see how having some good competition does to the prices of some of the big box "sporting goods" stores.

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    I understand the draw for avid hunters, anglers, and sportsmen/women alike, but where will they fit in with the recreational firearms crowd?
    Will their guns and or ammo be competative with the aformentioned sporting goods stores?
    Will they be able to compete on ammunition with Wal Mart's or on line retailers do you think?
    How will this affect the local shops and gun stores?

My experience has been that the guns and ammo will be much more competitively priced than GM. It will be interesting to see how GM adjusts their prices. Ammo won't be as low as WM, but the selection will be much better. I don't think they'll hurt the LGSs very much, but I foresee an empty building just north of Castleton mall in a couple of years.

jndturner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2013
    Noblesville, IN
    I have been getting the sales fliers for the other locations and based on those their sale prices for handguns are what I see at most LGS in Hamilton county for their everyday price.

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I have been getting the sales fliers for the other locations and based on those their sale prices for handguns are what I see at most LGS in Hamilton county for their everyday price.

Yeah, I don't know what people are talking about, i'm in Cabela's regularly and their prices are nothing to write home about and definitely not going to spur any price wars.

Echelon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Seems smaller than other Cabela's I've been in, but maybe it just looks that way under construction. :dunno:

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    I used to live right there on Greenfield, but now live ALL THE WAY on the West side of Noblesville, but still only 15 minutes away. It will be nice.

Top Bottom