• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    I wonder what anti-gunners think life is like in countries without guns.

Do they really think this kind of stuff doesn't happen there?

We all need to file this story away in our memories, for the next time some insufferable ass at a family gathering starts talking about how much less people get shot "somewhere else." Just because fewer people get shot, doesn't mean everybody is safe. Sometimes these people act as if crime doesn't start being "serious" until bullets fly. I would wager that in other countries there end up being lots of ladies like the one in this story, who end up being mentally "not right" the rest of their lives. Maybe those legal systems don't give the accused as many rights as ours, but it still seems like a sucky tradeoff.

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Twangbanger has a good point. it is easy to find reports on the political conflict war in Northern Ireland that lasted from the late '60's to 1998. Over 3000 people died. Seemed like every week we heard of some sort of carnage, blown up buildings, blown up buses, sabotaged cars, people that were found stabbed or just went missing. Of course there were some paramilitary actions. You can have a lot of violence without AK 47's.

The lack of legally armed citizens certainly does not mean people live in peace.

Last edited:

Lloyd S.

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    It's not true that nobody did anything. According to Chris Plante a bunch of people whipped out their cell phones and starting taking videos. Of course, nobody called 911 or did anything to stop the assault.

HonkieKowboy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 14, 2018
    Lafayette
    I wonder what anti-gunners think life is like in countries without guns.

Do they really think this kind of stuff doesn't happen there?

We all need to file this story away in our memories, for the next time some insufferable ass at a family gathering starts talking about how much less people get shot "somewhere else." Just because fewer people get shot, doesn't mean everybody is safe. Sometimes these people act as if crime doesn't start being "serious" until bullets fly. I would wager that in other countries there end up being lots of ladies like the one in this story, who end up being mentally "not right" the rest of their lives. Maybe those legal systems don't give the accused as many rights as ours, but it still seems like a sucky tradeoff.
    They cherrypick the best examples (Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore) while completely ignoring the fact those countries are completely different from the USA

For starters, the population of African-Americans in Hong Kong is less than 1% (if I remember right)

In addition, those places have an established culture of oriental values (for Taiwan it's Confician values, for HK & Singapore it's confucian values with anglo-Christian values sprinkled on it, and for Japan its shintoism) unlike the US which is supposed to be a "melting pot" but ends up becoming a unified lack-of-cultural standards where rich elites try to make everybody transgender, depressed and weak.

Last edited:

jwamplerusa

High drag, low speed...
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 21, 2018
    Boone County
    What is even more insulting, to a citizen of this country, is this was perpetrated by a feral human that was not even a citizen. A known criminal illegal alien, known to the authorities and yet not deported, who went on to commit even more heinous crimes than he previously committed.

In what functioning society does the judge who let him stay in this nation, not end up hanging? In what functioning nation do citizens not take action to stop such a heinous crime upon another human being?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out

tuoder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 20, 2009
    Meridian-Kessler, Indianapolis
    Unfortunately, the bystander effect is not new. Kitty Genovese in the mid-1960s immediately comes to mind. I think cell phones have made it worse. Everyone assumes somebody else will do something because we all have phones to call 911. Or they’re filming for social media.
    Dangit, you beat me to it. I'll just add that someone wrote a song about it.

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    There have been plenty of INGOers that have stated that they won't use their EDC to save the lives of another that isn't a family member, so why are we surprised that no one assisted? Failure to act/assist happens every day, you just don't always hear about it.

My brother tbhausen was one of them. But he was talking about becoming a participant in a gunfight, not at all similar to this situation. I myself wouldn’t be eager to join an active gunfight either but could easily see myself sending someone straight to hell if I caught them raping a woman.

Shadow01

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2011
    WCIn
    Let’s see…

SCOTUS says police have no duty to protect.
    police are defunded.
    anyone that supports law enforcement is vilified and labeled a racist.
    people that try to defend themselves and others are often brought up on charges.

not really seeing a reason to get involved beyond protecting family.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Lets change the end game and say that in less than a minute after the attack starts some valiant citizen walks up and caps the rapist. What happens next, in Philly?

Leo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    Lets change the end game and say that in less than a minute after the attack starts some valiant citizen walks up and caps the rapist. What happens next, in Philly?
    Get off the train and head to Kensington Ave. Stand around drinking and getting high for a few days, no one will bother you.

Hoosierdaddy1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 24, 2015
    Camby
    Problem is everyone’s afraid of the backlash of doing anything to an illegal in fear of persecution and prosecution in these woke cities…

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    What is even more insulting, to a citizen of this country, is this was perpetrated by a feral human that was not even a citizen. A known criminal illegal alien, known to the authorities and yet not deported, who went on to commit even more heinous crimes than he previously committed.

In what functioning society does the judge who let him stay in this nation, not end up hanging? In what functioning nation do citizens not take action to stop such a heinous crime upon another human being?

In a society where people value their job and TV more than they value the future of the country or the concept of freedom.

When **** gets down to choosing between your life or liberty, things are going to get pretty damned pathetic in this country.

qwerty

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 24, 2010
    NWI
    It's what the blue do.... Almost like they are trying to provoke a response in the Red states...

Top Bottom