• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Anyone purchase prescription glasses online? I want to buy a pair of prescription bifocal sunglasses and was going to use either wallyworld or an online vendor. Anyone want to share their experience with buying prescription glasses online?

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I've gone with eyebuydirect. They make you upload a picture of a current prescription. Took 3 weeks for my glasses to come in. But they are awesome.

Slow Hand

Master
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Aug 27, 2008
    West Side
    I have purchased from Zenni a coupe of times. I wear contacts all day and only wear my glasses for a couple hours at night and an hour in the morning. Seemed stupid to pay $300 for that…. Tried Zenni out. Shopping was easy, shipping was quick. I honestly bought some of the cheapest ones and the first pair I had (metal frames) came unsoldered at the nose piece, fairly quickly. Shot them an email and within a week or so I had a new et of frames with needed screwdriver to swap my lenses into. Second set are plastic frames, Ray Ban kinda style. They have worked fine for a couple of years. I ended up buying a second set to just leave at our weekend place and even bought a non prescription set with tinted lenses to use s singlasses.

Base glasses cost was around $35. They offer much fancier frames and do bifocals, sunglasses, ’photogray’, and even safety glasses. I would definitely recommend them.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    No experience as I don't wear any prescription eyewear but my best friend got a pair of script Maui Jim's and he loves 'em.

I have non-script Mauis and I love them as well. Likely the best sunglasses made anywhere but not inexpensive, they don't allow anyone to discount them.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My wife purchased from eyebuydirect. She seemed happy and I recall pricing being pretty good.

That said, we both went to Costco last time. You can use their independent optometrist but don't have to, and can bring your own prescription. Great job and pricing and they sometimes have additional $ off a second pair (I did a second set of single vision for computer in addition to my normal prescription glasses and my wife did a set of prescription sun glasses in addition to hers).

Last edited:

db308

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 25, 2010
    Lawrence County
    I've had good experiences with 39DollarGlasses. I had a 1+yr old frame break, I called to ask if I could buy just the frame and they sent a replacement free of change.
    I used glassesusa one time and had no problems.
    I tend to select the seller based on the frame style and size availability.

Ziggidy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 7, 2018
    Ziggidyville
    My wife used Zenni and the only problem was the bifocal line was not where she was used to and she waited too long to have it fixed. I think I remember her saying the process to get the line proper was somewhat difficult.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My wife used Zenni and the only problem was the bifocal line was not where she was used to and she waited too long to have it fixed. I think I remember her saying the process to get the line proper was somewhat difficult.
    That is the nice thing about dealing with an in person place such as Costco. I was able to specify where I wanted my bi focal line.

Hoosierdood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 2, 2010
    North of you
    Only online vendor I've used is Oakley. And let me tell you, if you are looking to purchase a pair of prescription Oakleys with Prism polarized lenses, you better be willing to cough up some serious coin. I could have bought 5+ pairs of non-script Oakleys for what I paid for these.

IN New Guy

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 13, 2017
    Terre Haute
    I used Zenni for reading glasses. Sent them my eye doctor's prescription and picked out a pair of cheapo frames (just in case they screwed it up I would not have that much money in them). They were right on! Prescription lens worked out very well. Happy with Zenni.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I get a pair a year on my insurance. I tried bifocal for the first time this year. I'll stick with a pair of readers and a pair of distance glasses from here on out. I use Zenni once I have a script. I have car glasses, camping glasses, motorcycle glasses, but hardly ever wear them.

JCSR

NO STAGE PLAN
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 11, 2017
    Santa Claus
    I can't believe the money you guys are wasting on glasses. All you gotta do is head down to the local Goodwill store. They have a big box of glasses you came choose from. I know you won't believe me but I got these for $1.50 and they couldn't be better. There's a guy outside in a van giving haircuts on Wednesday morning for $2 so for less that $4 I look great!

1707084358231.png

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I had the same problem a couple different times with a couple different on-line vendors. Honestly gave up on even getting a pair from the on-line shops after maybe 3 different attempts with different suppliers.

OurDee

nobody
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Sep 16, 2017
    Camby
    I can't believe the money you guys are wasting on glasses. All you gotta do is head down to the local Goodwill store. They have a big box of glasses you came choose from. I know you won't believe me but I got these for $1.50 and they couldn't be better. There's a guy outside in a van giving haircuts on Wednesday morning for $2 so for less that $4 I look great!

View attachment 330684
    For just 4 bones I can look like that? Sign me up!

penguinship

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2020
    Bloomington
    I've used warby parker before a few times. I think for all online vendors, you'll need the distance between your pupils. Other than that it's pretty easy

Top Bottom