• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • blain

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2016
    Evansville
    So basically, as long as they cover the legal bases, sellers can add any stipulations they care to?
    Like only selling to naturally red headed people, between the ages of 45-79, on Tuesday mornings between 10:04am and 11:52am?

firecadet613

Master
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   1
    Dec 24, 2012
    So basically, as long as they cover the legal bases, sellers can add any stipulations they care to?
    Like only selling to naturally red headed people, between the ages of 45-79, on Tuesday mornings between 10:04am and 11:52am?
    It's a private sale. Why can't the seller set the terms?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    I get more info from a 30 second 'vibe check' and conversation than a pink card and DL.
    Never had a bad experience buying/selling INGO.
    But I understand people wanting to verify I'm a proper IN resident. Doesn't bother me to show them the cards.

TJ Kackowski

Let it begin here.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    133   0   1
    Jun 8, 2012
    Hendricks County
    1. Some people specify the need to see a potential buyers LTCH and IN drivers license. I am wondering the reason(s) behind this practice. What if someone relies on Constitutional Carry and does Not have a LTCH? I understand asking to see a legal identification (ie - drivers license). Especially with the illegal alien invasion.

2. I read the statement or variation thereof “will sell to proper person”. What criteria makes someone a “proper person”! Also, who is the arbiter deciding who is or is not a “proper person”?

I have my LTCH and Indiana drivers license so it wouldn’t be an issue for me. I’m just curious.

This is a private sale ... State Law DEFINES proper person, but Seller DECIDES who is a proper person based upon their personal criteria (and sometimes gut feelings).

If you deal with established INGO members, you aren't likely to have any issues.

When I sell a firearm, I stipulate that if I don't know you personally, I want to see you IN DL and LTCH, no information recorded. In reality what typically happens is we both identify ourselves when we arrive, shake hands and complete the deal without ever looking at any sort of .gov issued cards, and most times without even counting the money. Then, depending on the weather, we may BS for a spell.

Yes, we're discussing private sales, so Seller sets the terms. In your example, the Seller has created a fairly limited customer base, but a customer base that they are comfortable dealing with.

Nugget

Milsurp Enjoyer
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 30, 2022
    Morgan County
    When I sell a firearm, I stipulate that if I don't know you personally, I want to see you IN DL and LTCH, no information recorded. In reality what typically happens is we both identify ourselves when we arrive, shake hands and complete the deal without ever looking at any sort of .gov issued cards, and most times without even counting the money. Then, depending on the weather, we may BS for a spell.

This. If anyone on here ever has a transaction that doesn't look exactly like this, you're either too paranoid (as the seller), too suspicious looking (as the buyer), or too awkward/weird (as either).

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    From a quick read it appears as if it’s for people selling as there main means of profit.
    Seems like this could easily lead to all sales between individuals.

Mij

Permaplinker (thanks to Expat)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2022
    In the corn and beans
    I can't imagine how this will work.

It almost sounds like any sale where a profit is declared will require it?
    Hmmm. I have lots of questions. Doesn’t seem cut and dry.
    I think it’s being discussed in this thread, may clear up some q’s

flint stonez

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 17, 2024
    S/E Indiana
    The rule appears to take the Huge step requiring an unlicensed seller to run a background check (fill out form 4473) through an FFL. Once this is accepted it’s a much smaller (and easier) step to require ALL sellers (private sales) have an FFL run a background check and fill out a form 4473.
    So basically this will eventually do away with all private sales. And as a lot of us have been saying for many many years - registration leads to confiscation. This “rule” isn’t about stopping anything illegal. It’s all about having a registry of gun owners with the ability to disarm law abiding citizens. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

agn

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 6, 2024
    Franklin Co
    The rule appears to take the Huge step requiring an unlicensed seller to run a background check (fill out form 4473) through an FFL. Once this is accepted it’s a much smaller (and easier) step to require ALL sellers (private sales) have an FFL run a background check and fill out a form 4473.
    So basically this will eventually do away with all private sales. And as a lot of us have been saying for many many years - registration leads to confiscation. This “rule” isn’t about stopping anything illegal. It’s all about having a registry of gun owners with the ability to disarm law abiding citizens. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

That would indeed effectively create a registry.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    If you deal with established INGO members, you aren't likely to have any issues.

When I sell a firearm, I stipulate that if I don't know you personally, I want to see you IN DL and LTCH, no information recorded.

Yeah, so far I've not had an issue selling to established INGO members.

I've just received 2 offers today from members with very little or no posting history.

If they don't have a LTCH then we're doing the transfer at an FFL. That should weed out the non proper persons. That's my theory at least.

Top Bottom