• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BP84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2024
    Sunman
    New rule seems to be going into effect shortly. How will this affect sites such as INGO and Armslist for people buying and selling firearms? From what I read, it says sellers looking to make a profit with have to have a FFL.

BP84

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2024
    Sunman
    Looks like hobbyists selling from their personal collections will be exempt. So I wouldn’t think that would affect the classifieds here or sites like Armslist.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I do not know the wording of the rule you are talking about but I don't think they are outlawing any private transfers. Any of us that have attended a lot of gun shows over the years have seen the same group of guys at every show held in the area. They buy guns and immediately put them out on the table for sale. It has long been obvious they are in the business of buying and selling guns but without a license. Before anyone's panties get in a twist, I don't think there should be an ATF or that anyone should have to have a license to sell guns.

Destro

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 10, 2011
    The Khyber Pass
    I didn't know there was such a thing as a gun show loophole. I always thought they were held in accordance to written law. What is this loophole and what did it allow?
    There is no loophole. Private citizens are prohibited from performing background checks for private sales, period. There is no function in law that allows it, and nothing in the new rules that does. Not sure why we don't make this point louder?

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    The gun show loophole is a political catch phrase used to push more gun control. The GSL doesn't exist.
    Private people can buy/sell to whom they'd like, regardless if it's within premises of a gun show.
    If you regularly buy guns with the intent to sell, you are considered a dealer and should register as a FFL dealer. Not an attorney and I don't give legal advice - but don't do regular business buying and selling guns and you should be fine. And don't ever answer any questions the ATF asks you about anything.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    This one is a real whopper. So if it's for sale on here or Armslist, that "ad shows you're intending to profit" What utter :bs:

"Evidence that a person placed ads online or reserved a table at a gun show shows that the person is intending to profit from the sale."

stocknup

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    Monrovia area
    This one is a real whopper. So if it's for sale on here or Armslist, that "ad shows you're intending to profit" What utter :bs:

"Evidence that a person placed ads online or reserved a table at a gun show shows that the person is intending to profit from the sale."
    I suppose we could all use the "Don Davis" method and state upfront .......
    ...............“I don't want to make any money; I just love to sell guns!

LuckyOne

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Jan 8, 2013
    Parke County, IN
    Not really sure how any of these entities are able to make laws since only congress has the power to make federal laws.
    The BIPARTISAN SAFER COMMUNITIES ACT that was approved by congress gave the alphabet soup the ability to be able to make theses changes. It was intentional and there were republican representatives, even from our state of Indiana I believe, that voted in favor of this.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Well 0.8% (ZERO POINT EIGHT PERCENT) of criminals sitting in prison for a crime involving a firearm got their gun at a gun show. That was in three different surveys, by far the most consistent response.

The BS Communities Act... thanks Todd Young!

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    There is no "gun show loophole". There never was.

Since 18 USC 922(a)(1)(A) was enacted (1968), it has been illegal for "Any person" "except a licensed importer, licensed manufacturer, or licensed dealer, to "engage in the business of importing, manufacturing, or dealing in firearms,..."

So now we come to what "engage in the business of...dealing in firearms" means.

Thought exercise- putting aside the "shall not be infringed" aspects of this and dealing with the fact that this law exists, let's hear your thoughts as to a logical definition of "engage in the business of...dealing in firearms".

Top Bottom