• ...and so much more!
  • bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Characterizing that interaction as a "trap" is defeatist thinking. How was it a "trap"? Lawmaker engages in a perfectly civil conversation, and acts perfectly reasonable and lawful while discussing a matter with constituents who disagree with his stance on an issue.

Which is more "defeatist thinking" :rolleyes:? Ignoring general public perception? Or assuming that the general public will somehow change their perception to ours, if we get in their face enough?

There are plenty of conservative thinking folks that consider themselves pro-2A, yet are not really gun owning folks like us. Many of these folks have expressed that Lucas flashing his gun to "the kids" was a really bad idea, hurting our cause.

That anti-gun group went to the statehouse with one mission, cameras in hand. The HS kids were pawns, played perfectly. They completed their mission and more, when they found Jim Lucas.

Just go ahead and Google "Jim Lucas" to give you an idea of the public perception of this ordeal. Many of the links you'll find will link back to Lucas's arresting officer body cam footage. Camera footage from less than a year ago. :n00b:

Lucas is damaged. He done it to himself and now he is shaming the 2A community along with himself.

Jim should stay out of the limelight, until he is better. That will be a while, as proven by this foolishness.

Last edited:

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    Ya know, I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s and I hardly ever gave nuclear war a thought. I certainly don’t remember being scared to death. I remember them having us do the drills too.
    The difference is that these days when mass shootings occur they are plastered all over the news and kids talk about them among themselves. Kids know that they are real. Nuclear war was just a concept that was hard for us kids to grasp.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I have a conspiracy hypothesis coming later. I'm still INGOing at about 20% (I have a brace on my mouse hand until after lunch) but I hate to waste that much time and not share it with everyone :lmfao:
    As promised...

First off, who broke the "flashed a gun" story that got repeated over and over? What news source? Who is on staff at the news source? What high school? Who is the teenager? Who is the adult/parent chaperone?

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    As promised...

First off, who broke the "flashed a gun" story that got repeated over and over? What news source? Who is on staff at the news source? What high school? Who is the teenager? Who is the adult/parent chaperone?
    Broke the "flashed a gun story? Kyra Howard, TheStatehouseFile.com

This is a student at Franklin College.

Senior Kyra Howard, 22, began reporting for The Statehouse File on Election Day 2018. She was a senior at Plainfield High School at the time and later committed to Franklin College. This is her last session with TSF before she graduates in May with her psychology and multimedia journalism degree.

This is also Kyra Howard:

A High School Allegedly Banned Students From Covering A Classmate’s Arrest
    “I don’t understand why the administration wouldn’t want us to put out something that’s factual,” said Plainfield High School alum Kyra Howard.

The news source/who is on staff?

Colleen Steffen is executive editor of The Statehouse File. A 1994 graduate of Franklin College with an M.A. from the University of North Florida, Colleen spent 13 years as a writer and editor at daily newspapers small and large: The Elizabethtown (Ky.) News-Enterprise, The (Anderson, Ind.) Herald Bulletin, The (Jacksonville) Florida Times-Union and The (Muncie, Ind.) Star Press. She taught journalism for five years at Ball State University, where she co-created immersive newsrooms at the Indiana State Fair and at the Olympic Games in London, Sochi and Rio. In 2019, she published a journalism textbook, “Soft Skills for the New Journalist,” and she is owner of Colleen Steffen Consulting LLC, a content creation and social media management business.

What high school? Burris Labor School https://burrislab.bsu.edu/

Who is the teenager? Makynna Fivecoats. Not exactly Mary Smith or Susan Jones. Incredibly small electronic footprint for a 17 year old. Has a YouTube Channel.

Now:

1706998693647.png
    Earlier today:

1706999120157.png

But wait there is more.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Jim's on the radio now, with Guy...

Jim said he miscalculated who he was talking to...???

There's more, better check out the podcast...

Good to hear that Guy was shocked to see Jim flash his gun.

:n00b:

Last edited:

greg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 17, 2009
    Plainfied,In
    N
    Jim's on the radio now, with Guy...

Jim said he miscalculated who he was talking to...???

There's more, better check out the podcast...

Good to hear that Guy was shocked to see Jim flash his gun.

:n00b:
    it doesn’t matter he did nothing wrong. At least he had the spine to say something in a public manner not hide behind a screen name on a Indiana gun site.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    Which is more "defeatist thinking" :rolleyes:? Ignoring general public perception? Or assuming that the general public will somehow change their perception to ours, if we get in their face enough?
    1. Views expressed by "Students Demand Action" do not represent the perception of the general public
    2. Lucas didn't "get in their face"

There are plenty of conservative thinking folks that consider themselves pro-2A, yet are not really gun owning folks like us. Many of these folks have expressed that Lucas flashing his gun to "the kids" was a really bad idea, hurting our cause.
    Lucas didn't "flash" his gun to the kids. People who think that he did are uninformed. I couldn't care less about pearl-clutching by people who express opinions before availing themselves of the opportunity to be fully informed.

That anti-gun group went to the statehouse with one mission, cameras in hand. The HS kids were pawns, played perfectly. They completed their mission and more, when they found Jim Lucas.
    Absolutely.

Just go ahead and Google "Jim Lucas" to give you an idea of the public perception of this ordeal. Many of the links you'll find will link back to Lucas's arresting officer body cam footage. Camera footage from less than a year ago. :n00b:
    Again, still: I couldn't care less about the opinions of the uninformed. Further, social media doesn't reflect society as a whole.

Lucas is damaged. He done it to himself and now he is shaming the 2A community along with himself.
    I don't see Jesus Christ himself running for or holding elected office. Until then, we're going to have to accept that we have to work with damaged people.

Jim should stay out of the limelight, until he is better. That will be a while, as proven by this foolishness.
    You're welcome to your opinion, and I'm welcome to disagree with it. Lucas handled himself and that situation perfectly fine. The wilting flowers exposed themselves as the irrational children that they are.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    The difference is that these days when mass shootings occur they are plastered all over the news and kids talk about them among themselves. Kids know that they are real. Nuclear war was just a concept that was hard for us kids to grasp.
    Neither of my teenage girls fears mass shootings. Both of them are competent to handle firearms, even if one doesn't like shooting as much as the other.

Of course, they are homeschooled, and thus are free from such fear-inducing indoctrination in public schools.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Insult like saying someone in a addict or has a addiction?

:nono:

That's not an explanation of your words, sir.

You need to explain the intended insult to another forum member.

The words you need to explain...

"At least he had the spine to say something in a public manner not hide behind a screen name on a Indiana gun site."

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County

Read the idiotic comments on this.

Top Bottom