• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I'd like to hear more about the bourbon in WI.
    Do you LOVE fireworks and the 4th of July? If so, you know that tingle you get when you walk into a Sheltons fireworks store a freakin' fireworks store the size of Walmart.

Well, you will get that same sensation when you drift through the liquor store, the size of a small grocery store...............AND THEN SUDDENLY THERE IT IS.............the Bourbon aisle. Bourbon on both sides, floor to ceiling.

How do I describe it? Oh, easy, an aisle at Costco or Sam's only it is nothing but Bourbon.

It is nothing compared to the beer aisles (note aisles, not aisle).

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Do you LOVE fireworks and the 4th of July? If so, you know that tingle you get when you walk into a Sheltons fireworks store a freakin' fireworks store the size of Walmart.

Well, you will get that same sensation when you drift through the liquor store, the size of a small grocery store...............AND THEN SUDDENLY THERE IT IS.............the Bourbon aisle. Bourbon on both sides, floor to ceiling.

How do I describe it? Oh, easy, an aisle at Costco or Sam's only it is nothing but Bourbon.

It is nothing compared to the beer aisles (note aisles, not aisle).
    I don't think my Wife would let me go there more than the first time...
    I like me some Bourbon, and Scotch, and oh hell I'll save some reading time. I like Whiskey/Whisky!!!

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Are you freakin kidding me? You want my address, work schedule, combination to the safe and a bill of sale? Oh wait, never mind, I own no guns or ammo..........

Whew I thought I was the only one ....
    But I will show you my social security card:

picture.php

GNUD01_002.jpg

sbsg2005

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    I lost all possessions when my boat sank. All I was able to salvage was the bed, night stand and lamp.
    floatingbed.jpg

45-70

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2008
    Cale
    399915297.jpg

I had mine stored here but lost it all when the anchor broke. I was upstream from the herd at the time getting a drink.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I don't think my Wife would let me go there more than the first time...
    I like me some Bourbon, and Scotch, and oh hell I'll save some reading time. I like Whiskey/Whisky!!!
    Next time I go, I will take pictures. In general I think this thread has turned out fairly well. Kind of a got a pic or BS comment to make? Post it right here.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    Next time I go, I will take pictures. In general I think this thread has turned out fairly well. Kind of a got a pic or BS comment to make? Post it right here.
    I think the OP is going to include you on his list of Persons here he dislikes....

Welcome to the group! :rockwoot:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg

During my five-year internment in the People's Republic of Illinois, my cell-block was located just a few miles from the Woodman's in Beloit. During my rare excursions across the border in to the land of the little-more-free, we always headed for Woodman's. It's about the only thing from that wretched experience I miss. And you're not kidding about the bourbon stock; it was amazing!

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I want to know if anyone actually looked up the coordinates I posted earlier :D

Well, I would bet there won't be any crowds there, but if you wear the Santa suit, you should fit right in, reindeer and all. Rudolph's red nose won't be the only thing glowing though.

As Philo said the nose wouldn't be the only thing glowing... It's Chernobyl. Well not Chernobyl proper. It's the reactor itself.

Last edited:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    During my five-year internment in the People's Republic of Illinois, my cell-block was located just a few miles from the Woodman's in Beloit. During my rare excursions across the border in to the land of the little-more-free, we always headed for Woodman's. It's about the only thing from that wretched experience I miss. And you're not kidding about the bourbon stock; it was amazing!
    I rest my case.................case of bourbon that is!

How could this thread possibly be called a train wreck? I think it is more an example of turd polishing. We took a turd, we polished it, now we need to hang it on the Christmas tree.

Flyguy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 25, 2011
    Rural Franklin
    I rest my case.................case of bourbon that is!

How could this thread possibly be called a train wreck? I think it is more an example of turd polishing. We took a turd, we polished it, now we need to hang it on the Christmas tree.

I'll go along with that. Just sayin that the topic went way off from the OP intentions.

It is fun though...:):

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom