• wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    May be some fire under that smoke…

“While Trump’s motivations are likely varied, he reportedly wants to be handcuffed behind his back for a perp walk because he wants to demonstrate defiance in the face of what he sees as an unfair prosecution, with the belief that it further galvanize his base for his 2024 presidential campaign. But above all, sources said, he’s afraid that if his court appearance is by video link, or if he skulks into the courthouse, it would make him look “weak” or “like a loser.”

“(Again, as we’ve seen for seven years, this kinda stuff is the very essence of Trump and Trumpism.)”

As everyone has said, this would do great things for his campaign. Nothing fires up the constituency like overreach by the Left.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    If DT deserves to be in handcuffs, JB deserves to be in a 'memory care unit'. Any way we can arrange both? Nah, look where that would leave us?
    I believe it is time for everyone, Left and Right alike, to take a deep breath, exhale slowly, and thank whatever god you pray to that the Founding Fathers gave us a government where the politicians will fight amongst themselves, back and forth forever, and pretty much, for the most part, leave us alone. I honestly believe that never getting anything done is built into the Constitution. The US Government has always been a Weeble; it wobbles (a lot); let us hope it never falls down.

Trigger Time

Air guitar master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.6%
    204   3   0
    Aug 26, 2011
    SOUTH of Zombie city
    If DT deserves to be in handcuffs, JB deserves to be in a 'memory care unit'. Any way we can arrange both? Nah, look where that would leave us?
    I believe it is time for everyone, Left and Right alike, to take a deep breath, exhale slowly, and thank whatever god you pray to that the Founding Fathers gave us a government where the politicians will fight amongst themselves, back and forth forever, and pretty much, for the most part, leave us alone. I honestly believe that never getting anything done is built into the Constitution. The US Government has always been a Weeble; it wobbles (a lot); let us hope it never falls down.
    Problem is the left doesn't want that
    The agenda is to destroy this country and fill as many of their pockets as they can on the way down. And they have their dingbat followers who will go along with any twilight zone **** that they propose.
    It's time to draw lines in the sand and hold the line.

Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    and thank whatever god you pray to that the Founding Fathers gave us a government where the politicians will fight amongst themselves, back and forth forever, and pretty much, for the most part, leave us alone.
    ”for the most part, leave us alone”? Wow! The ATF is after our guns, heck they are after our gas stoves, clothes washers, and our vehicles to name a few, even kids. That is not in any way “leave us alone”…

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    Problem is the left doesn't want that
    The agenda is to destroy this country and fill as many of their pockets as they can on the way down. And they have their dingbat followers who will go along with any twilight zone **** that they propose.
    It's time to draw lines in the sand and hold the line.
    Your focus is a bit narrow. EVERY POLITICIAN'S GOAL is to KEEP HIS JOB and LINE HIS POCKETS. You agree with the way some of them propose to do it, and disagree with others. Just like every other American. There are ways to fix this country. The problem is that politicians are in charge, and would never approve any of them. Some random thoughts:

1.) Make public service a non-paying position. (This is #1 for a reason)
    2.) Require public service of some sort.
    3.) Make this country a democracy. (Don't even start, it NEVER has been)
    4.) Require voters to have a stake in society:
    a.) Have a job, if you're not contributing, you don't get a say
    b.) Demonstrate sufficient intellect to comprehend the issues
    c.) Military or other public service history
    5.) Require EVERY legislative action, at EVERY level to accept input from THOSE WHO WILL PAY FOR IT. (See 3abc)

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    Your focus is a bit narrow. EVERY POLITICIAN'S GOAL is to KEEP HIS JOB and LINE HIS POCKETS. You agree with the way some of them propose to do it, and disagree with others. Just like every other American. There are ways to fix this country. The problem is that politicians are in charge, and would never approve any of them. Some random thoughts:

1.) Make public service a non-paying position. (This is #1 for a reason)
    2.) Require public service of some sort.
    3.) Make this country a democracy. (Don't even start, it NEVER has been)
    4.) Require voters to have a stake in society:
    a.) Have a job, if you're not contributing, you don't get a say
    b.) Demonstrate sufficient intellect to comprehend the issues
    c.) Military or other public service history
    5.) Require EVERY legislative action, at EVERY level to accept input from THOSE WHO WILL PAY FOR IT. (See 3abc)
    How about the only thing under number 4 is property ownership?

Purple if you wish.

“And for the most part leave us alone”
    That’s gotta be one of the most disconnected things I’ve ever read on here.
    EPA, FBI, IRS, ATF - appointed people are making rules and sending people to jail and confiscating property. And those are the ones we see.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    ”for the most part, leave us alone”? Wow! The ATF is after our guns, heck they are after our gas stoves, clothes washers, and our vehicles to name a few, even kids. That is not in any way “leave us alone”…
    Oh, c'mon. The ATF and the KGB are not synonymous. Name a recent president (any president) who is on par with Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Idi Amin, Xi Jin Ping, Bashar al-Assad. If you legitimately find America over-restrictive with respect your rights, I am sure Russia, North Korea, China, Syria, etc. would love to have you. Think of the propaganda value of an American who prefers to live in any of those places! The American government has always Weebled. Current events are further evidence of the continuous back and forth. Both sides getting more and more extreme is a recipe for disaster. And the politician don't care. They are busy lining their pockets, with our money, while we fight amongst ourselves. America has a long history of righting itself when it has to. Let us hope it continues.

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    Oh, c'mon. The ATF and the KGB are not synonymous. Name a recent president (any president) who is on par with Vladimir Putin, Kim Jung Un, Idi Amin, Xi Jin Ping, Bashar al-Assad. If you legitimately find America over-restrictive with respect your rights, I am sure Russia, North Korea, China, Syria, etc. would love to have you. Think of the propaganda value of an American who prefers to live in any of those places! The American government has always Weebled. Current events are further evidence of the continuous back and forth. Both sides getting more and more extreme is a recipe for disaster. And the politician don't care. They are busy lining their pockets, with our money, while we fight amongst ourselves. America has a long history of righting itself when it has to. Let us hope it continues.
    So we have to wait a bit until the time is right? Wait for our people to be as bad as Putin et al?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009

You have in a simple fashion described the left and right difference, left screams "in your face" right says "leave us alone."

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    You have in a simple fashion described the left and right difference, left screams "in your face" right says "leave us alone."
    You were in the build a barn in Hamilton county thread - the most Republican place in the country, Hamilton county, is pretty invasive and controlling, permits for everything.
    Now, there is a difference between Republican and ‘right’

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    You were in the build a barn in Hamilton county thread - the most Republican place in the country, Hamilton county, is pretty invasive and controlling, permits for everything.
    Now, there is a difference between Republican and ‘right’

I can't disagree with that, I've seen controlling, invasive leadership with republican tags, but I see more of it on the left with that shrill hysterical edge these days.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    IANAL, but prosecutorial misconduct only comes into play if Bragg actually prosecutes.

Indicting someone isn't the same as prosecuting them.

The plan is to keep Trump off the ballot in certain states, by having him under felony indictment during the Primary.

At the appropriate time, the charges will be dropped. (After the damage is done, of course).
    I believe simply by hiding exculpatory evidence from a grand jury he was seeking an indictment from, he is ALREADY guilty of prosecutorial misconduct. He is seeking the indictment so he CAN prosecute and is attempting to suborn the grand jury

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    I’ll bet the 87,000 IRS agents are getting hired to leave you alone. This isn’t yo daddy’s government.

Top Bottom