Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    If this was such a big deal how come the Feds and the, FEC who both have oversight of federal elections and the former Democrat NY DA declined to pursue it? All of this information had to have been known to them, yet they declined.

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    If this was such a big deal how come the Feds and the, FEC who both have oversight of federal elections and the former Democrat NY DA declined to pursue it? All of this information had to have been known to them, yet they declined.

I haven’t read the indictment, so I don’t know what it contains, but I’m not certain electoral implications are central to the case.

I have seen reports from left-leaning YouTubers who speculate that the 30-some criminal charges are related to falsifying business records, a felony under the New York Penal Code.

Politically, the only scenario that works in Democrat’s favor is a conviction on all charges…anything less will just play right into Trump’s never-ending claims of victimhood.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    The purpose of the prosecution is not to get a conviction.
    The purpose of the prosecution is to affect the 2024 election.
    As always, the Democrats are doing the thing they are accusing the Republicans of doing.
    Exactly. It's awfully peculiar that this zombie case from years ago was reanimated after Trump announced and started running a campaign for 2024. Bragg and I'm sure others who influenced him were keeping it in their back pockets to spring it out at this time.

KG1

Forgotten Man
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    I haven’t read the indictment, so I don’t know what it contains, but I’m not certain electoral implications are central to the case.

I have seen reports from left-leaning YouTubers who speculate that the 30-some criminal charges are related to falsifying business records, a felony under the New York Penal Code.

Politically, the only scenario that works in Democrat’s favor is a conviction on all charges…anything less will just play right into Trump’s never-ending claims of victimhood.
    You might wanna check on this. I believe simply falsifying business records is a misdemeanor. To raise it to a felony there has to be proof that it was done with intent to defraud. They would have to prove that Trump directed someone to falsify business records to cover up another crime. That's a stretch.

Last edited:

LeftyGunner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2022
    Indianapolis
    As always, the Democrats are doing the thing they are accusing the Republicans of doing.

Malicious prosecution is a violation of Trump’s civil rights under New York law. He has every right to sue and, if the charges prove to be baseless, I assume he will.

Nothing short of a full conviction works against him politically…and even then…whether or not having felony convictions even hinders him legally remains largely untried...what mechanism exists to keep him from accepting the Republican Nomination and (assuming he wins the election) the presidency if the people will it?

The prosecutors are exposing themselves to a huge amount of legal liability and political backlash for a result that is anything but certain. From my point of view it would seem the height of stupidity to file charges unless the case was ironclad. Anything less will get them eviscerated in the courts of law and public opinion…and deservedly so, using the criminal justice system for purely political purposes runs counter to traditional human values and the rule of law.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Certainly it’s about the election, but also, I think the prosecutor is a left wing zealot and so maybe there’s some personal gains there too. Rachel’s mad cows have all been dreaming of putting Trump in jail for anything. It doesn’t matter what. How dare Trump win an election? So it’s also punishment.

Top Bottom